Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

So tonight it's Alan Burrows fault that we're only getting 300 tickets for the Sligo game.

If I was him I'd have been jailed years ago.

The absolute state some folk are getting into about it on twitter. 

Demanding some weird ticket retribution for the return league 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

Is the St Mirren game still happening at 3pm on the Saturday after the away leg? That seems a bit mental. 

Flow had already confirmed its been moved to Sunday.

It was only because If we got bala and another set of results then we would have played on the Tuesday 26th. Getting sligo negates that so it will be moved.

10 minutes ago, Swami said:

Is the St Mirren game still happening at 3pm on the Saturday after the away leg? That seems a bit mental. 

That will be moved to Sunday.

I don't think it was moved before we were potentially playing on Tuesday..

Actually how would that have worked if we had to play Thursday at Home to Bala then Tuesday Away? There isn't an available weekend date with enough rest in between. I guess we don't have to worry about that now. Ignore the league doesn't start until the next weekend.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I booked up for Bala after they scored their first pen. Raging.

Imagine how bad I feel. I got Woolery 17 on the back of my new Motherwell top when Bala scored. 

I know we've had mile-oots in our support since the dawn of time, as with all other clubs, and sometimes some of us dip in and out of that category, but this year they really seem to have oot-miled themselves. There is an unhingededness that seems to have spread. Is it covid? Is this happening everywhere, it is it just our turn this year?

The sheer level of mental gymnastics we are going to see as this season unfolds is going to be immense.

I read the Facebook comments today, jeez-o.

9 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I know we've had mile-oots in our support since the dawn of time, as with all other clubs, and sometimes some of us dip in and out of that category, but this year they really seem to have oot-miled themselves. There is an unhingededness that seems to have spread. Is it covid? Is this happening everywhere, it is it just our turn this year?

The sheer level of mental gymnastics we are going to see as this season unfolds is going to be immense.

I've noticed that myself, especially in the last few days. Any decision the club makes at the moment is met with a the same bunch of supporters having the most mental knee jerk reactions and not realising what size of club we actually are and that we're a selling club, always have been, always will be.

The majority of fans in Burrows replies tonight clearly don't understand the amount of tickets given to us is based on a percentage of the stadium and even though he's explained that there's still fans demanding more or that we give them the same allocation. The man has the patience of a saint.

47 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I think that there is a level of entitlement there that hasn't really been there in the past. We can all go mad after individual results or get a bit morose after a long run of bad form like the 2nd half of last season but some of the recent stuff has been OF level - we're close the Claret & Amber Pound being used non-ironically.

The idea that a club would lock out their own supporters to accommodate a random team from another country that they'll never play again after this tie is so mental, it doesn't really merit talking about. I've not really got a problem with folk getting flights early but surely it was always on the understanding that you're gambling on both the result and a ticket. 

I think the club is so well run compared to the past that folk are reduced to the kind of manufactured grievance pish that were seeing now. 

As "tolka" says above, Sligo Rovers don't have any realistic options when it comes to ticket allocations for visiting fans 

They're well-supported. Pull 2,000+ for normal league games. The Bala game sold out.

I went to a game at Sligo when I lived in Dublin in the 1980s. The Showgrounds has improved a wee bit since then. Only holds 5,000 though.

It intrigued me why Sligo was a "soccer" town. It still does. And it still is.

There are no other "soccer" towns out west. East coast, aye. The BBC was accessible on the east coast before satellites.

Markievicz Park likely holds 15,000 or 20,000 these days. Less than a mile away... ag an preachan eitilte. A mite longer by the walking football fan. 

Can't be using that, though. 

Politics and football, eh?

8 hours ago, dezz said:

Flow has the patience of a saint. No idea how he has the energy to humour these rockets every single day.

He probably names a Sims character after them all and leaves them in a burning house with no door every night.

7 hours ago, Swello said:

I think the club is so well run compared to the past that folk are reduced to the kind of manufactured grievance pish that were seeing now. 

I tend to agree. I still think communication and responses could be improved, but to be fair I don’t believe there are that many admin staff and those that are there are hardly paid a kings ransom. Flow is very open and that is often praised by fans of other clubs who generally get little to no information from their respective clubs. 

Let’s face it most of the fans venting probably are quite young, not very bright or both. Contentious comment possibly, but those two combinations are what lead to a pile on. Most fans should know UEFA only stipulates a 5% allocation for away fans. Most fans if they had booked travel / planned to apply for tickets should have known that meant it could be as low and 180 tickets. 

I booked flights and may still go if I don’t get a ticket. But at £65 return I won’t lose any sleep if I stay in Scotland. Hopefully we get through and the draw is kind to us. That plus a 20,000+ seater stadium.  

I looked at seeded sides in the next round. There are 3 potentials that I would not bother with. Kazakhstan, Macedonia and bloody Belarus ! Now I have mentioned that what is the betting…..Let’s worry about taking care of Sligo 1st.

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I looked at seeded sides in the next round. There are 3 potentials that I would not bother with. Kazakhstan, Macedonia and bloody Belarus ! Now I have mentioned that what is the betting…..Let’s worry about taking care of Sligo 1st.

Belarus sides need to play outside the country and behind closed doors - so Minsk or Borisov would be a disaster for those wanting to go. No ticket scramble though!

Kazakhstan or getting one of the Azerbaijan sides if they spring a shock would also be a real blow, the time and expense getting there would probably eliminate all but a handful of folk.

Everywhere else should be just about doable though some obviously a little fiddly. I'd rather avoid the Faroes given the airport situation in general and Bodo's experience in particular this week, Molde for travel/cost and Switzerland for the price of beer mind.

Macedonia would be fine, I went there with Scotland back in the day and it was cracking.

Tallinn was my first choice but they mucked it up...CSKA Sofia or Twente Enschede would be the new dream pick, Antwerp or Anderlecht also cool.