Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Swello said:

The fact he genuinely used the expression "Blue Sky Thinking" in a fitba presser probably means I won't tune in any more :) That said, I've been more impressed with him than I thought I would be as the team seem to have a good mentality about them as well as everything else, so I'm assuming he speaks well where it actually matters.

Aye he could easily feature in the ' Corporate speak nonsense' thread in 'General Nonsense' on here, but he's doing the business results-wise which is ultimately what we're after. I'm more than happy to indulge him in that shite as long as he's got the players onside and delivering results. 

What would have happened if Hammell had looked around for an assistant who was currently out of work and stumbled on Kettlewell, would they have gelled?  Would Kettlewelll’s influence shine through?  Would Brian Kerr have been the interim manager when they got dumped in February.

Here Ketts (do we need to Italic still), we like the 13 points from 18 thing but you'd bore the hind legs aff a donkey son..... I'd direct those back to Hammy's "we played nice fitba, it'll come good" week after week and Grezza looking like he was one question away from mounting desk and square going the jorno. Was the we go again next week thing down to him or the media team?

The 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 thing is something I brought up before, due to contracts and loans ending SK really does have the chance to shape the defence as he sees fit. In this league the ability to pivot from a back 4 to a 3 with wingbacks based on the opposition or just to throw a spanner in to their expectations is a good bit of what distinguishes a team from bottom or top 6. Can't deny Sean Goss' performances of late have potentially moved him to the forefront of his thinking and that may influence a few things. He will never be a combined spray the ball about and get in amongst it sort of midfielder, so you need to make up for his lack of traditional midfielder traits through with who you put beside him. Butcher in midfield too (even though he said he was happy at centre half) is something I think we'd all like to see ...... just to see it.

Makes you wonder the current SK feel good atmosphere due to a mix of clarity in all aspects and a winning team, how many guys who were itching to get out are considering hanging around?

In early September we pretty much had an exclusive Alexander team putting points on the board and competing, probably fuelled in part by a lot happy GA was out the building. It seemed at the time the instructions given by Hammy paid dividends if very much up and down. Not long after the rot set in and those same players collectively took a step back which was resurrected in mid February when Ketts took over and the January signings started to be used well. It makes you wonder, based on the months prior would Hammy have got as good a tune out them as SK did? Hammy put Sol and Lamie and had KvV, Shields and AN Other 35 yards from each other in a front 3 week after week.

As many of us thought, despite the shit show of a summer window we still had enough personnel in the building to compete better than we did in this league. But due to his rookie season in charge we were just happy to limp to the summer in mid table mediocrity, which ironically we will probably do but only because the split happens too soon for us based on our current form. While central defence was the Achilles heel for him, Hammy did have the option to recruit adequately which he didn't (before you consider Ojala's departure) or add an extra body to make up for the deficiency with numbers (McGinn where he is now and recall Max or play SOD), again which he didn't.

Guys like Maguire he wouldn't have seen much from his recruitment as development boss and he had wildy had limited interaction with the first team and he won't see much of him at all before season end. Shields also has the opportunity to stake a claim to being KvV's partner (China dependant) with a clean slate from a guy who wouldn't in a month of Sunday's use him as a right winger.

8 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

More #wholesomecontent
First team players turned up at Easter training camp.
(copied from MFC Community Trust FB page)

No photo description available.

Butcher looks like he’s going to break a few limbs, regardless of age. 

12 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

More #wholesomecontent
First team players turned up at Easter training camp.
(copied from MFC Community Trust FB page)

No photo description available.

<Joke about Ross Tierney being in the first 3 rows>

21 hours ago, Swello said:

The fact he genuinely used the expression "Blue Sky Thinking" in a fitba presser probably means I won't tune in any more :) That said, I've been more impressed with him than I thought I would be as the team seem to have a good mentality about them as well as everything else, so I'm assuming he speaks well where it actually matters.

I'll need to circle back and review this. Alternatively, you and I can take it offline and discuss separately. 

20 hours ago, welldaft said:

It certainly would be interesting to have a side by side interview where Pep Guardiola is asked the same questions. I suspect what was an 18 minute interview with Ketts would be less than 5 minutes with Pep.

He has done and is going a good job so don’t mind War and Peace but there is a saying less is more…..

Maybe if the guys interviewing him didn't ask the same question 5 different ways he could condense his comments.

I don't mind the lengthy answers really. Which is surprising as I've previously been critical about Craigan along similar lines. 

It actually sounds like he knows what he's on about and is vaguely interesting. Give me that anyday over the verbatim two or three sentences the majority of manages trot out.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I'll need to circle back and review this. Alternatively, you and I can take it offline and discuss separately. 

I’m not sure I have the bandwidth for this at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Swami said:

I’m not sure I have the bandwidth for this at the moment. 

The first time I was asked if I had the bandwidth to take something on I spent the rest of the day wondering why my computer’s capacity would be any more or less than that the of my colleagues.

51 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

2 rumours right now:

Crankshaw has been sent back to Stockport. Apparently something bad happened at training.

Even worse news. Mark McGhee might become our new CEO...

Just think of the contacts he has in Germany though.