Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

We really need to give Oxborough a start at the weekend.

He should have had a chance long before now. Celtic game apart Kelly has been one of our poorest performers in this woeful run. 

14 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

There’s no one obvious to come in as caretaker is there? I don’t even know if we replaced Kettlewell/Archibald in the youths etc?

Maybe Craigan if he’s not totally burned his bridges?

We genuinely need a clean out top to bottom off the field.

Alexander has made Kelly regress so far from where he was 

Kettlewell and Foster have made the rest of the team regress so far. 

The board needs some people to leave, and fresh blood and ideas. Poor appointments and vanity projects from previous and current board members like the pitch levelling and all the rebuild work required off the back of it as left us in a less than great position to do anything really.

Edited by eliphas

I know we can't keep sacking managers and it's not sustainable but this is game 12 without a win now, I really wanted him to succeed but it time's for him to go. He should'nt get the St Johnstone game on Saturday but I fear he will. When he is eventually emptied Frail and Foster need to be emptied as well.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

That wee hug wae Kettlewell and SOD at the end there feels like a guy who knows times up. 

Was thinking that myself, looked very much like a guy who is about to say his goodbyes to the squad and go and speak to the chairman

We did have nearly 60% possession and as many shots at goal as County. Clearly things are on the up*

* kidding of course.

After tonight I am now at the stage I was with Hammell after St Johnstone at home. He should have been binned after that. Instead we gave him another league game or two and the cup game v Raith.

It remains to be seen whether he survives this and gets the game on Saturday. I am not convinced he should. Even after making a defence of him earlier in the day. Tonight just served up the fact he simply does not know what to to do. The formation and tactics looked off before KO and within 2 minutes were shown to be so. He seems to have run out of ideas….time is up.