Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Straight in the "f**k it, it'll be a laugh" pile.

Better command of English than Yogi probably so that a tick.

Romanian and Albanian 2nd tier sides AND Kenyan fitba on his C.V.  Imagine the utter dreck he could source us from the lower league markets in these places for a shambolic Championship campaign next season.....

f**k it, lets dial the banter up to 11, and make the farewell tour as mental as possible.

He's clearly fucking rubbish, but there's a good chance that's what we're going to end up with anyway.

Realistically, if a single club employee actually said the word "intrigued", we are so fucking fucked.

Edited by rowsdower

On 12/02/2023 at 12:47, Derry Alli said:

I've no idea why Coyle would "inspire confidence". He's outspending most of the league and likes to play it off as underdog mentalists. Then when he drops points he spits his dummy out and kicks his legs about like a 4 year old.

He's regularly laughed at in the Championship when his post match interviews are posted.

Yip.

Apparently his team are denied an average of 2 to 3 penalties per game.

8 hours ago, rowsdower said:

f**k it, lets dial the banter up to 11, and make the farewell tour as mental as possible.

He's clearly fucking rubbish, but there's a good chance that's what we're going to end up with anyway.

Realistically, if a single club employee actually said the word "intrigued", we are so fucking fucked.

I wouldn't put too much into the 'intrigued' comment.

More a, oh look at that, that's interesting. Move to trash.

A quote you want Ben? Just pop down... intriguing.

Edited by eliphas

What’s the general expectation here for the new appointment………in the dugout for the game against Hearts or away to Killie? Unless it’s a towelling tomorrow night, I think Kettlewell likely gets the two games. I suppose any kind of defeat against St Mirren would make things a bit ‘awkward’ shall we say on Sunday.

I will say it again. Why would we look to appoint a permanent Manager after binning two in one season. 

Say we do. If they don’t avoid relegation they will already be tarred with the stench of failure. Even if most of us accept the players are 90% to blame. 

If Kettlewell does well. He gets to end of season. If he does not then we go for experience till end of season. I would be surprised and disappointed if we appoint a permanent Manager on anything more than a years contract. 

If we go down we can recruit the best candidate for getting us out of the Championship. That might not be the best person to try and keep us in the Premiership. 

53 minutes ago, Swello said:

*Now* it's a proper manager search.

Aye. That was exactly my reaction.

It feels like we haven't had one of that type of name appear in ages.

Hammell and Valakari were really the only two names quoted last time, Alexander was interviewed and appointed in a week.

Disappointed Thierry Henry hasn't thrown his name in yet.

1 hour ago, Quatermass said:

What’s the general expectation here for the new appointment………in the dugout for the game against Hearts or away to Killie? Unless it’s a towelling tomorrow night, I think Kettlewell likely gets the two games. I suppose any kind of defeat against St Mirren would make things a bit ‘awkward’ shall we say on Sunday.

I think it depends on how proactive the board have been here or if they were still convinced Hammell was going to turn it around at 3pm on Saturday and hadn't given binning him any thought.

You'd like to think that it's the former and they've at least had discussions about our strategy here a while back.

It took less than a fortnight to give Hammell the job, a week to appoint Alexander and around a fortnight for Robinson.

Unless the board had someone lined up I'd have thought we'd be looking at next week as the earlierst to name someone.

Tbh, I'm inclined to agree with @welldaft to the point that a short term hire seems like the most sensible move (Huddersfield did the same when they announced Warnock yesterday).

If the board are sitting talking about mid-long term plans like being "a fully integrated club" and making appointment on any sort of "vision" or "philosophy" then it's a complete failure to understand the assignment IMO.

Get someone in with a fire-fighting brief to keep us up and review at the end of the season when we've presumably appointed a new chief executive and sorted out everything else that we've failed to address this season.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I tend to agree we might not see a new permanent appointment until summer. Unless Kettlewell does really well.

Does part of that also come down to budget. Like depending on what league we're playing in probably dictates whatever the budget is for a new manager.