Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not hard to see who the Motherwell da's are.

About 2 posts away from demanding Neil Lennons hired so he can "kick fuk out the fairy boys in this squad".

Tam Courts took a team to 4th in this division last season and folk are turning their nose up at him because they're projecting that a young coach who talks about stats cant motivate a squad. I'd suggest youd be better with someone like him coming in and showing players how hes identified weaknesses and how he hopes to improve it, than some raging former player calling everyone shite, telling them to play better, and leaving it at that.

Listen, I don't disagree with this at all and I'm fairly consistent that I don't think shouting at people  makes them a better player. He'd also give me more faith than a Lennon/Lambert that he'd get us right back up if we went down too.

Still, a definite slaver.

16 minutes ago, eliphas said:

We couldn't have Billy Davies and Calum Butcher at the club together. The whole place would shagged out.

Billy Davies is too busy removing spy cameras and microphones from his house.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

read like something that ChatGPT would create

After pissing about on it this morning I've come to the conclusion that all of Stevie Hammell's tactics and media appearances were generated by AI.

Reporter: So, manager, it's been a rough run for your team. How are you feeling after yet another loss?

Manager: It's been a very tough time for all of us, there's no denying that. Losing six games in a row is never easy, and it takes a toll on everyone involved. But I'm here to talk about today's game and what we can do to improve moving forward.

Reporter: So, what went wrong today on the field?

Manager: I think there were a number of things that contributed to the loss. Our defense was a bit porous at times, and we made some mistakes that the other team was able to capitalize on. But we also had some opportunities to score that we just didn't take advantage of. It's a combination of things, really.

Reporter: Your team has been struggling for a while now. What are you doing to try to turn things around?

Manager: We're working on a number of things in training. We're trying to tighten up our defense, and we're also working on our offense to try to create more chances to score. We're also trying to build the confidence of our players, because confidence is a big part of success in this game.

Reporter: How do you keep your players motivated during this difficult time?

Manager: It's not easy, but I try to emphasize to the players that we're in this together. We win as a team and we lose as a team. I also remind them of the progress that we've made in certain areas and the things that we're doing well. And I always emphasize the importance of staying positive and not getting too down on ourselves.

Reporter: Lastly, what message do you have for the fans who are supporting the team through this difficult time?

Manager: I want to thank them for their continued support. It means a lot to all of us. I can promise that we're working hard every day to try to turn things around and get back to our winning ways. We know that it won't be easy, but we're up for the challenge and we're determined to succeed. Thank you.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not hard to see who the Motherwell da's are.

About 2 posts away from demanding Neil Lennons hired so he can "kick fuk out the fairy boys in this squad".

Tam Courts took a team to 4th in this division last season and folk are turning their nose up at him because they're projecting that a young coach who talks about stats cant motivate a squad. I'd suggest youd be better with someone like him coming in and showing players how hes identified weaknesses and how he hopes to improve it, than some raging former player calling everyone shite, telling them to play better, and leaving it at that.

Aren’t 95% of your fans wanting rid of your raging former player telling them to play better?

I don’t think Tam has the hutzpah to gain respect from this bunch of disrespectful players at this stage in a season when we need an instant sticky plaster fix not a technocrat. As conveyed I think last summer or in 5 months he’s among the better options.

Now Lambert’s out the mix my next choice would be Craggs but I think he has zero interest.

Not one guy off the cinch merrygoround though. Yogi, Levein, Ross can all get in the bin.

Edited by Kapowzer

I watched Tam Courts teams for a season, and I still can't quite work out how good a manager he is. He's better than our current manager, obviously, but I genuinely don't know how good he would be for a club in Motherwell's current situation. We started last season very well but we were utter dreck for at least half of the season. I still have no idea how we managed to finish 4th

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I watched Tam Courts teams for a season, and I still can't quite work out how good a manager he is. He's better than our current manager, obviously, but I genuinely don't know how good he would be for a club in Motherwell's current situation. We started last season very well but we were utter dreck for at least half of the season. I still have no idea how we managed to finish 4th

The same reason we finished 5th. 

The entire league, outside the top 3 last season, was abysmal.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Billy Davies is too busy removing spy cameras and microphones from his house.

Liam Kelly is one crackpot more than we require already. Batshit Billy and him sharing a couple of pints after another defeat would be some conversation to eavesdrop on. 

9 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

tricky one as I think there's too many in that squad that reek of "who the f**k you talking to?"

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

This is a huge part of the problem, distinctly average players with ideas above their station and delusions of grandeur.

Where do you get these ideas from? 

If anything, we look like a team with f**k all confidence. We could do with a bit of ego and swagger.