Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

You should pray to whichever sky-genie that you don’t have to use Fox, he was brutal. 

Wasn’t everyone, more or less?

For what it’s worth, outside the one dodgy season in which he had a kid and clearly wasn’t fully focused, Fox was generally excellent for County.

edit: looks like he’s lost a tonne of weight, not that he was out of shape.

Edited by Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Wasn’t everyone, more or less?

Yes, however we have a young keeper which a large portion of our support rate higher than Fox (me included). 
He was just going through the motions with us last season. 

25 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Yes, however we have a young keeper which a large portion of our support rate higher than Fox (me included). 

Fox is a very decent back up keeper, he’s been fine in the past. Yes he was poor last season but look at some of those in front of him. Thistle were pretty brutal in general having seen a few of their games. 

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

I'd heard the same from a Thistle supporting pal of mine.

In fairness, he's been brought in as a back-up. We needed someone with a bit of experience who's happy enough to come in and sit on the bench and take a wage that's less than Gillespie was on.

That's a pretty shallow pool we're fishing in.

I mean, even the wee quote attributed him said "I'm 100% here to sit on the bench and pick up a wage lads..."

“I’m here to fight for the right to play. Trevor is a tremendous goalkeeper who plays at international level and it’s my job to push him as much as I possibly can.”

What's surprised me are tweets along the lines of "Guess that means Carson will definitely be the starter." as if there was ever any doubt about that.

Carson's an international goalkeeper who was first choice in the season we broke Randolph's clean sheet record and signed a 2 year extension in January with Robinson saying "Trevor will be my #1 next season"...it's been clear since he signed his extension that he'd be our first choice.

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd heard the same from a Thistle supporting pal of mine.

In fairness, he's been brought in as a back-up. We needed someone with a bit of experience who's happy enough to come in and sit on the bench and take a wage that's less than Gillespie was on.

That's a pretty shallow pool we're fishing in.

I mean, even the wee quote attributed him said "I'm 100% here to sit on the bench and pick up a wage lads..."

What's surprised me are tweets along the lines of "Guess that means Carson will definitely be the starter." as if there was ever any doubt about that.

Carson's an international goalkeeper that holds our clean sheet record, who signed a 2 year extension in January with Robinson saying "Trevor will be my #1 next season"...it's been clear since he signed his extension that he'd be our first choice.

Yep, surprising how much stick he’s taking on Twitter, I guess a few don’t realise he’s here as a number two. We are hardly going to spend big money on another keeper that’s the same standard as Carson. He fits the bill as experience at the level without costing a fortune.

Edited by Yorky

Just announced that Motherwell are going to do the "Fan cardboard cut out" for the closed door games. £22 and your cutout will be positioned in an area that will most likely will be seen via any live stream/televised game.

Direct Link here: https://forms.aurabrands.com/aura/form/motherwellfc/formperma/Aa7W8MFKI3juaAN74lZcI1NFZfmUm1t3WTdH7cgTWSE

Edit: you will also get to keep your cutout once games are reopened.

Edited by Phillips455

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Just announced that Motherwell are going to do the "Fan cardboard cut out" for the closed door games. £22 and your cutout will be positioned in an area that will most likely will be seen via any live stream/televised game.

Direct Link here: https://forms.aurabrands.com/aura/form/motherwellfc/formperma/Aa7W8MFKI3juaAN74lZcI1NFZfmUm1t3WTdH7cgTWSE

Edit: you will also get to keep your cutout once games are reopened.

Hoping St Johnstone offer similar.

I've got a blow up doll with my face on it, so getting a cardboard cut out would add to the fleet. Aim is to have a full car of me by the end.

Northern Ireland will hold interviews for their vacant manager's job on Wednesday, with U21 boss Ian Baraclough and Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson among the favourites.

According to Sky Sports News. 

All gone a little quiet on this front. Hope we are not in for a nasty surprise 🤔

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hoping St Johnstone offer similar.

I've got a blow up doll with my face on it, so getting a cardboard cut out would add to the fleet. Aim is to have a full car of me by the end.

Hopefully of a similar quality to this high quality service already offered up by the Saintees in the past.

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b-04487133a154dd4a.thumb.jpg.61fefa15ccbbad1133fc9a49d9821d79.jpg.c6c8f9237dfee50843be667a53804261.jpg

The thing about Robinson/N.I is that if it happens then it's something that's been on the horizon for fucking ages. O'Neill took the Stoke job in November last year and at that point Robinson was odds on to replace him after he stood down.

He's always been open about that job being an ambition of his so you'd like to think we've at least done a bit of succession planning in the event that he's offered it.

Whether that person is Lasley or someone else (third time lucky for Simo?) IDK but given our whole model is based on being a platform for players and coaches you'd hope we've given it a bit of thought.

I thought Tommy Wright would end up with the NI job by default, particularly after he left St Johnstone. He seems to be the early favourite for the Dundee United job though and if he ends up there I think Robinson taking the NI job is a formality.

Also, what have I missed that Ian Baraclough is even being considered?

23 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I thought Tommy Wright would end up with the NI job by default, particularly after he left St Johnstone. He seems to be the early favourite for the Dundee United job though and if he ends up there I think Robinson taking the NI job is a formality.

Also, what have I missed that Ian Baraclough is even being considered?

Bara's done a good job with their u21s and the story seems to be that they're keen on that continuity. He also wouldn't need compensation.

I just looked it up, he's currently got a 47.37% win rate. Robinson lost all of his 10 games with the u21s although Magilton only managed to win 1 so it may have been the group of players.

2016959680_ScreenShot2020-06-23at15_50_16.thumb.png.bbc78797e10dd80ff797a3b4f1f7381d.png

Edited by capt_oats