Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Beeb reporter mentioning several scraps breaking out over the arena during the fight.

Who'd even go to a live boxing event these days? Just full of mouthbreathers who can't handle their booze or coke looking for bother.

Just now, GiGi said:

Beeb reporter mentioning several scraps breaking out over the arena during the fight.

Who'd even go to a live boxing event these days? Just full of mouthbreathers who can't handle their booze or coke looking for bother.

Love boxing but wouldn’t go to a boxing fight down south anyway.

Yeah I wouldn't go back to a live boxing event either. It can ruin the evening if you are landed next to the oxygen thieves.

Career best performance from Eubank there? I thought he was exceptional but Smith looked like a wounded old dog. I can only assume trying to lose the weight after the injury has been difficult as he looked like he had no life about him from the first bell.

Hopefully Jnr can now go on and remove the head from Connor Benn's shoulders.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Third fight a nap. 

I really can't see it - that was just too one-sided.

Looks like Eubank took him too lightly in January and got himself sorted this time.  Smith wasn't in the fight at any stage.  Outclassed, and I don't know if a third fight would sell.

Shades of Josh Taylor from Smith. Ballooning to 3 stone over your fighting weight out of camp is a recipe for injuries in camp, resulting in a short camp and having nothing left after a round. You could see on Thursday his skin looked baggy and it was no surprise to see big cut open late on. Yes he went over on his ankles but Eubank stiffened him early in the fight.

Eubank was so good and actually listened to his trainer too. Boxed at his range with those perfect jabs and uppercuts then smothered Liam to stop him in the range where he would have posed a threat.