Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Should really restrict this to the MMA thread in case the posters there see this as an opportunity to slaver on here. 

We don't want it either. Start a separate thread for it so neither the boxing nor MMA thread are cluttered with this.

As said earlier in the week, hope Kov takes it so that there's a rubber match, but think Ward worked him out slightly in the first half of the first fight and might win this one a bit more comfortably. In saying that, Kov's been pretty consistent on the 'overtrained, had nothing left' line, so maybe if he'll not tire quite as early this time out. Intriguing stuff, can't wait.

I feel I'm doing Kov a disservice but I can't see past Ward in this fight. First time I was split, this time round it's just does Ward stop him or go the distance.
Probably end up looking like a tit, and half hope I do so we get a trilogy.

I feel I'm doing Kov a disservice but I can't see past Ward in this fight. First time I was split, this time round it's just does Ward stop him or go the distance.

There's no chance Ward stops Kov, not a fucking chance.

Best thing about the Mayweather fight is that it'll take all the attention away from Canelo GGG. More chance of me getting a ticket for that, with the idiots pre-occupied with this circus show.

ETA. Arguing with a McGregor fanboy at work today, who seems to think he's got a punchers chance. I tried explaining that it would maybe be the case if he could actually hit Floyd, something the best fighters of the planet have trying and failing for the last 20 years.

30 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Best thing about the Mayweather fight is that it'll take all the attention away from Canelo GGG. More chance of me getting a ticket for that, with the idiots pre-occupied with this circus show.

ETA. Arguing with a McGregor fanboy at work today, who seems to think he's got a punchers chance. I tried explaining that it would maybe be the case if he could actually hit Floyd, something the best fighters of the planet have trying and failing for the last 20 years.

Money is the best defensive boxer I've watched in my 51 years, I'm one of the minority that like him and want him to keep his record intact until he really retires, I must admit though that there's a bit of me wants him to get caught with a lucky hayemaker that fucks his legacy just for being a greedy b*****d and taking the piss out of real boxing fans.

5 hours ago, JMDP said:

I thought Ward won the first fight quite handily tbh, think I had it by three or four. I think it'll be much of the same.

That's madness imo. Watching the first one live i had i 114-113 for Ward, re-watching it i had it 115-112 Kovalev. There's absolutely no way you can give Ward more than 7 rounds .

I hope Kovalev comes out and brutally KO's him this time, i want to see Ward twitching on the canvas. Sadly i think Ward will take on a close points decision though.

I had it Kovalev by 1 but I actually didn't think it was that hard a fight to score in terms of the individual rounds. Only one or 2 could have gone the other way. Obviously that's still enough to swing it but the score can only have been one or 2 for either. Neither won it handily

Fair enough lads. I disagree though, thought there was a lot of mindless plodding from kovalev whereas Ward won round after round on the back foot with cleaner shots and also did a lot of excellent work inside.

Guess that's the beauty of boxing that we all see it differently.

Looking forward to the rematch. I like both guys a lot.