Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Add to that his free kicks, although only seen a couple, are superb. 

As others have said his very best attribute is that nothing and nobody seems to intimidate him. McCann is the same. 

You're right, completely forgot about his free kicks. Agree about McCann as well, it's as if the older players will take their lead from the young guns, when you usually expect it to be the other way round.

In that case I take it back about incompetence. The way you wrote it, I thought you were saying we were on for a hefty loss from now.  Still an outside chance of top six as well. And a cup final..
As VB said, as much as  it's shite to give them 3 stands, the last two OF games with it feeling much busier with Saints fans sitting around you,  have been far more bearable/ enjoyable than these games have been for a while.

I agree, the atmosphere around me was much better than normal. The west stand seemed alive today.
I cannot fault the three stand idea.

8 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

IMG_9255.jpg

Dry your eyes, your winning f**k all again this season and we’re staying up.

The seethe is beautiful, just as it was during the game and then after.

Rangers fans effectively paid £30 to be roundly laughed at.

Really impressed with May today. I was critical of him earlier this season when he wasn't offering goals or hold up. Today, he was offering both. He was terrific without the ball pressing when he needed too and dropping off to stop Jack getting freedom at others. Lots of talk of the "old" Stevie May being back - thought it was a more complete performance than that.

I agree. I was seeing May’s performances more positively than most were earlier in the season but no doubt his performance levels have gone up massively since the winter break. Considering the mess McInnes made ot his confidence, 7 goals is a pretty decent return so far this season. His goals in the last two games have been really good finishes as well. 

I love the seethe!  Best was when I took my boy to Ibrox a couple of years ago but sat amongst the Butchers apron wearers.   Took all I had to behave when Alston scored a screamer. When we went 3 -1 up with 20 minutes to go the exodus began and the seethe was glorious....   :)      A fond memory.

It's hard not to let Steve Brown drag you down. Fans (we) sometimes moan about a lack of communication but in truth, that's probably preferential to when he does open his mouth. 

Folk have picked up on the wage bill claim but something that irked me as much was that twice Brian McLauchlin made reference to Steve Brown (or his father) personally plugging holes in the finances and on both occasions he didn't correct him. Is not correcting a blatant mistruth the same as lying? 

Not sure if it's covered in any of the written stuff but he pretty much straight out said that Kirsten Campbell has been brought in to reduce the wage bill, as if that was her primary focus. 

As I say, he just drains you. 

I haven't listened to it yet because I'm feeling quite happy with how Saints are doing on the pitch and I don't want Buzz Killington to strike again. European football is a hindrance indeed.

This is probably his way of telling supporters not to expect all of the money from the raft of players that'll be leaving us in the summer to be put back into the budget. Probably wanted his say after Wright's late window tantrum in the press too.

All I'm taking from the article is that Brown is wanting out sooner rather than later.

I dont see fan ownership working with the level of support we have.

Could be an interesting decade.

Happy Birthday St Johnstone.

It's also my birthday today.

The "Captains" name, uses my first name and one of my middle names.

Delightful.

All I'm taking from the article is that Brown is wanting out sooner rather than later.
I dont see fan ownership working with the level of support we have.
Could be an interesting decade.

Could fan ownership be the catalyst that ignites passion within the people of Perth for our club again?

Thought Drey Wright looked handy against rangers, seemed to either win a throw in or corner or at least get to the byline and get the cross in whenever he had the ball, didn't get too many chances either although that's Rangers possession football for you.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2035703/shaun-rooney-banishes-thoughts-of-st-johnstone-switch-to-help-caley-thistles-promotion-push/ 

Straight from the horses mouth from Rooney here. We've managed to get our first choice targets at right back and centre half for next season with the Inverness pair. Hopefully the rest of the recruitment goes this way.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Probably wanted his say after Wright's late window tantrum in the press too.

I think this is probably it - but as usual Brown has the same sense of timing as Nikola Katic.

He had a fair point to make - that we spent heavily last summer and left the boss with 'the best squad I've ever had'. We then went that expensive mile extra to secure Stevie May and Brown was rewarded with a relegation spot by Christmas and a January tantrum from his manager complaining about lack of support - and  a lot of criticism from supporters. 

Edited by Mr Heliums

43 minutes ago, Kyle said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2035703/shaun-rooney-banishes-thoughts-of-st-johnstone-switch-to-help-caley-thistles-promotion-push/ 

Straight from the horses mouth from Rooney here. We've managed to get our first choice targets at right back and centre half for next season with the Inverness pair. Hopefully the rest of the recruitment goes this way.

I was just saying a few days ago that I had been told that Rooney had signed but part of the agreement for getting McCart early was not to announce his signing until the end of the season....But obviously nobody told him that 😁

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Search his name on Twitter.

Full of Ross County fans who hate him because he celebrated a goal in front of them and regularly spent his time trying to wind them up, and stories about how he swung at Brian Graham and then head butted him.

Love him already 😍