Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Robert Thomson goes into more detail.

Webb to own 75% of the club.

Potential for other investors to come on board later.

Money more likely to be spent on infrastructure/future proofing/modernisation of club structure/facilities.

Webb helped build Cambridge a £3.5m training ground.

Another massive financial loss expected for us this season.

I'd heard the losses might be c£1m, but some of that is going to be taking the pain now rather than later.

From what I read, I like the sound of this guy. Not throwing money at it and actually investing in physical infrastructure for the future. I suppose the involvement with Cambridge is a bit of comfort in that he knows some of the workings of a similar sized club although whether he is ready for the basket case of scottish football remains to be seen.

Blue seats. Give me blue seats and I'm instantly on this yankie express! 

2 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Cambridge’s feeder club. 

We got Mitov from there so aye, I'd be fine with that.

1 minute ago, Dee Bliss said:

I’m sure you would. Cambridge are doing well. 😂

They are by their standards, yes. They're currently in the best spell of their history in terms of what league they're in and what position they're finishing.

It's not a "partnership" anyway, apparently. He's a minority owner (10%) there, who might be giving that up to focus on us as the main owner (75%). It certainly won't be a Dundee-Burnley scenario where we have to take their kids for a season.

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Nachos and Lukewarm Bud available at the Muirton. 

To be fair, even if all the food trucks served was nachos and bud light I’d be right on board with these chaps if they spent money setting up a fanzone outside the main stand to turn on for the bigger games 

Imagine how great that could have been on the big euro nights.

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

To be fair, even if all the food trucks served was nachos and bud light I’d be right on board with these chaps if they spent money setting up a fanzone outside the main stand to turn on for the bigger games 

Imagine how great that could have been on the big euro nights.

I say f**k it and just do it for Friday night Championship games anyway. 

I’d imagine one or two ambitious managers may be watching what comes with Levein now. 

Even heard there’s one who’s privately commented on being interested if approached. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’d imagine one or two ambitious managers may be watching what comes with Levein now. 

Even heard there’s one who’s privately commented on being interested if approached. 

Looking forward to hearing how Kevin Thomson and Kenny Miller are perfect for the job.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to hearing how Kevin Thomson and Kenny Miller are perfect for the job.

Thomson got a crack at it on Sportsound on Sat night. 

15 minutes ago, hamicle said:

Thomson got a crack at it on Sportsound on Sat night. 

Aye I heard him mewling that we never hired him instead of Levein, saying its because of Scottish football being scared of young managers.

Probably more to do with him never managing above League Two and shitting out of managing in League One because his club wouldn't dwarf everyone else financially.