Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I hope Eric Nicolsons recent articles are just his opinion rather than based on information he knows, otherwise early moves will be Stevie May being released and Cammy MacPherson getting a new contract.

That was rank rotten today. I’d say I’ll be happy to see the back of a lot of this squad but who knows where we are with recruitment any replacements. Not convinced it’s Levein and Kirk we need next season, and definitely don’t think Kirk is ready to step up based on these performances. 

33 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Lost the dressing room after how the winter break and departures of some players were handled, or just returning to the mean after the new manager bounce? 

Both. Players are not good enough, never were, but he managed to get some kind of reaction initially. Whether than was due to him or simply a change in voice for the players, I'm not sure, bit nothing on the pitch over the last few of months since the window gives any confidence that he has the ability to either make the players better or organise a team.

Players have to show responsibility too and the have failed also.

Today's nonsense from kick offs of just simply boot the ball left was clearly something he told them to do, but the players clearly don't have the in game ability to think for themselves.

If we can somehow survive, it requires a complete clear out of players, coaches and at board level too. There is stale and there is whatever mess this is. Most telling is that after the first goal, players and fans alike were almost expectant.

For me, Levein can pop off back to the radio and stop Warnocking us. 

Lost the dressing room, lost the fans. Only reason he’s still here is he wangled a 3 year deal. 

I hope the boards happy with this. The fans are finally united in their opinion on the manager. He’s fucking useless. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Lost the dressing room, lost the fans. Only reason he’s still here is he wangled a 3 year deal. 

I hope the boards happy with this. The fans are finally united in their opinion on the manager. He’s fucking useless. 

Craig Levein Shithousery (@BoringLevein) / X

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It seems like the players are made of the same stuff as half of you c***s.

If this was Callum you’d be threatening to gut him. 

Whilst the critisism of Levein and Kirk is totally fair, the players on that pitch today were also totally culpable. The formation and set up may be wrong, but that doesn’t excuse the pitiful attitude, lack of effort and the fact that 5 yard passes seemed too difficult for every single player today.

May and Benji both deserve to start the next game. Play Fran in a position where he’s comfortable and for god sake go to a back 4! 

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It seems like the players are made of the same stuff as half of you c***s.

It's starts with them, and Levein.

We start that game at a high tempo and pressing it brings Hibs mistakes and the fans get onside. We'd probably get countered on but that was happening anyway.

Instead we start half paced, sit off Hibs, get passed through anyway, go behind meekly then the players chuck it. Fans respond by getting frustrated and everything.

I've no idea what you're expecting? The players have let the fans down constantly this season, some for years, so why should fans just blindly back them (again)?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's starts with them, and Levein.

We start that game at a high tempo and pressing it brings Hibs mistakes and the fans get onside. We'd probably get countered on but that was happening anyway.

Instead we start half paced, sit off Hibs, get passed through anyway, go behind meekly then the players chuck it. Fans respond by getting frustrated and everything.

I've no idea what you're expecting? The players have let the fans down constantly this season, some for years, so why should fans just blindly back them (again)?

Weird

You were trolling Aberdeen fans recently whilst loving Levein 😁

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Weird

You were trolling Aberdeen fans recently whilst loving Levein 😁

Was that after we won at Pittodrie?

It's what makes what we get weekly so frustrating. We went away to you, played 4-4-2 with an attempt at wingers playing as wingers, went fairly high risk and won. I don't think we've even attempted that from the start of a game since.

It's genuinely just Davidson all over again. Do what doesn't work until the pressure gets huge, try what everyone wants and win, dump that at the first excuse to do so and revert back to what wasn't working. Repeat forever.

Sooner the takeover happens and these players aren't at the club the better. 

Levein is a product of the lack of ambition and drop in standards which started under Davidson and allowed to continue because those running the club were either incompetent, didn't care, lost interest or all of the above. Horrific. 

Worst bit about today, I just didn't really care. If we go down we deserve it, we've been circling the drain for a while now and we need a fresh start in just about every aspect of the club. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Sooner the takeover happens and these players aren't at the club the better. 

Levein is a product of the lack of ambition and drop in standards which started under Davidson and allowed to continue because those running the club were either incompetent, didn't care, lost interest or all of the above. Horrific. 

Worst bit about today, I just didn't really care. If we go down we deserve it, we've been circling the drain for a while now and we need a fresh start in just about every aspect of the club. 

The only worry is that this supposedly close sale won't go through if we're relegated.