Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Statement from club released. 
No further comment to be made whilst being investigated. However working with usual suspects. 

The last time I was in Glasgow for an OF away game, the League Cup semi vs Celtic, me and some mates were attacked outside a pub by Celtic fans. As for going to games at Ibrox or Parkhead - stopped bothering years ago. What's the point? Sure, I'd love to see Saints beat them on their own patch - but 99% of the time it just isn't worth it. It's expensive, we usually get beat and you are surrounded by knuckle draggers who cannot control themselves. It's genuinely unsafe and if the video is anything to go by then the police aren't going to protect you either. OF fans are a different breed - this level of trouble doesn't come with any other set of Scottish supporters. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Sincerely hope Bev is okay. 
Enough is Enough now with their fans. A ban of their fans attending for the next home match, with a very strict sale to home fans only, including a lifetime ban for any supporter found distributing tickets to Rangers fans. 

We've had a lot of issues with this when we were up. It started with Rangers fans openly celebrating in the home end when they scored, security refusing to do anything apart from pulling a few old blokes out. Home end then turned to tickets only sold to fans holding a season ticket holder, if it's found you've sold to an away fan you were then in breach of your season ticket and that was cancelled/revoked. Surprised more clubs don't do it.

We had a 'tour group' attending a game against Celtic and they turned up in hats and scarves, even when the club made attempts to accommodate them. People just take the piss.

12 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Easiest option is to close the bottom 4 rows for the next game at McDiarmid ( the bit below the walkway)

No flags , no nothing. a few hundred seats not much financial effect but people will ask why when TV shows this.

It's not strong enough action. For me the only acceptable option is a full ban. I'd like to see the club make a big push to get as many home fans into the ground as possible. Nice empty North Stand draped in Saints flags. That will give Sky something to talk about.

The great thing is that Rangers can't hurt us back - what are they going to do, ban Saints away fans from Ibrox? Go ahead 😄

Edited by jamamafegan

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Seething on your behalf. I would imagine 40 clubs' fans are right behind the strongest possible action you guys take here.

I suspect 41 clubs' fans, but 1 of those clubs will be severely lacking in self awareness. 

Goes without saying that I hope your SLO is okay, but it should never come to something like this. An Ultra group caught up in “fan culture” at the expense of any kind of morals and safety of another person is ridiculous.

I've always felt the 'Ultra' scene in Scotland felt a bit forced. I understand wanting to create an atmosphere, but it really doesn't have to come at the expense of thuggery and ned-like behaviour. I include *some* of my own club's fans in that.

The atmosphere was actually better with us before they came in. Now it's like a morgue in the rest of the stadium.

Aye get all of them banned from the next home game.

Live on sky and they can explain why we’ve stopped the scumbags attending.

And for the poster a page or two back saying it’s only a rangers thing, is it f**k. We’ve had loads of bother from Celtic fans at McDiarmid and there’s even a post from a Saints fan on the turnstile getting assaulted by them on the same page. I was at the last 0-7 at Celtic park when some of their lot came down from the stands, along the track and tried to nick a Saints flag, before running back to where they’d come from. The stewards and police barely moved.

Two cheeks of one arse.

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saunders again today. 

Hadn't seen him play prior to him signing and I was definitely questioning him after the Alloa game especially but thought again today he did very well like he did when he came on against Aberdeen. 

Sat with his folks today,lovely couple,thought he was great today 

I agree that paggering a wee lassie is the lowest of the low and you should ban them from your game on 30th November.

Alternatively invite a hard firm from Feyenoord or Lazio over to ambush the onion bears and kick f@ck out of them in the car park behind your stadium.