Edinburgh City

Apparently we got the licence but it won't get officially signed off until SFA re-convene on the 25th. That's what I was told anyway. 

Now, we were asked to submit documents by Friday, we did that, was told they'd sign us off today. Kelty have been signed off and we are the only ones that haven't. It's not very difficult for the SFA to OK it so why wasn't it done today? 

The club have tried to reassure us that it's a done deal and we'll be playing league 2 football next season but there's still a part of me that thinks that a few things just don't add up

12 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Apparently we got the licence but it won't get officially signed off until SFA re-convene on the 25th. That's what I was told anyway. 

Now, we were asked to submit documents by Friday, we did that, was told they'd sign us off today. Kelty have been signed off and we are the only ones that haven't. It's not very difficult for the SFA to OK it so why wasn't it done today? 

The club have tried to reassure us that it's a done deal and we'll be playing league 2 football next season but there's still a part of me that thinks that a few things just don't add up

The Licence Committee are independent of the SFA and they alone make licence decisions, and those are only made at committee meetings.  So in theory at least, if this committee didn't grant the Bronze licence on Friday then there won't be a review of that until their next meeting which is apparently September.  As far as I am aware the SFA aren't required to sign anything off, it's not their decision.

The SFA updated their licence list today as at 7th June (Friday), Kelty Hearts are now Bronze, Edinburgh City remain Entry.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11943/070624-club-licensing-awards.pdf

44 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Licence Committee are independent of the SFA and they alone make licence decisions, and those are only made at committee meetings.  So in theory at least, if this committee didn't grant the Bronze licence on Friday then there won't be a review of that until their next meeting which is apparently September.  As far as I am aware the SFA aren't required to sign anything off, it's not their decision.

The SFA updated their licence list today as at 7th June (Friday), Kelty Hearts are now Bronze, Edinburgh City remain Entry.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11943/070624-club-licensing-awards.pdf

Thanks 

So we've been informed a rack of lies then? 

Honestly don't know what to think anymore with this club . They fry my brain

Hard to really follow this and I have been told a short statement is expected today but I think the main thing for me is, if we haven't met the criteria and didn't have a pathway to meeting the criteria that was deemed satisfactory then we'd have been punted out the SPFL by now. Would give more time to do the necessary reconfiguration etc. 

I'd be surprised and disappointed at a points deduction as it just kills the bottom of league stone dead before it's even begun. Either we make the criteria (or come to an agreement) and are allowed to play as normal or we don't and we're punted.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

And Easter Road is better than Tynecastle apparently. 

I make no particular observation on that one, it just seems strange. 

St Mirren Park and McDiarmid both better too, a bit odd.  

The silence is a bit odd.  Have City chosen to say nothing or have they been told to say nothing at this stage?  Very unsettling, not just for fans but also for players and coaching staff who don't know if they have a job for next season (given the possibilty that EC don't have a league to play in next season).

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Hard to really follow this and I have been told a short statement is expected today but I think the main thing for me is, if we haven't met the criteria and didn't have a pathway to meeting the criteria that was deemed satisfactory then we'd have been punted out the SPFL by now. Would give more time to do the necessary reconfiguration etc. 

I'd be surprised and disappointed at a points deduction as it just kills the bottom of league stone dead before it's even begun. Either we make the criteria (or come to an agreement) and are allowed to play as normal or we don't and we're punted.

What would an appropriate punishment be then?  If none, then no club will bother to try meet this rule going forward, why would they waste money and time if they are met with a "pretty please do it for next review".  

I personally don't fully agree with all the criteria set out, but it's there and every club needs to adhere to it. If further mitigation is in place I think Buckie would have the right to ask serious questions of the SFA or whoever made the decision on their exclusion to the playoffs based on the same criteria not being met.

Seems a bit of a nonsense all this criteria.

Nothing against anyone but just an example.

How is Bonnyriggs ground that much different to most lowland grounds and seemingly only two lowland clubs are eligible for promotion.

What about all the ex league clubs (and they’re all allowed in the cups too)?

Nonsense

12 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Seems a bit of a nonsense all this criteria.

Nothing against anyone but just an example.

How is Bonnyriggs ground that much different to most lowland grounds and seemingly only two lowland clubs are eligible for promotion.

What about all the ex league clubs (and they’re all allowed in the cups too)?

Nonsense

The ground criteria is only a part of the license, there is a huge amount of admin to be done, around things like finance etc etc.

11 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

So we've been informed a rack of lies then? 

Honestly don't know what to think anymore with this club . They fry my brain

No idea, just explaining what I understand of the process.

4 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

The derogation for non-compliant clubs was until 1 July, and with the SFA's licensing committee meeting in June I don't see how the SPFL could/would want to take formal action before now.

Expulsion of a club can only be done at a general meeting, although my reading of the rules is that if the SPFL Board decides to do something else that power lies with them rather than a GM. (Of course members could replace the Board at a GM if they're not happy with them.)

There were rumours going round before the playoffs that ultimately they might be moot, but it was obviously too risky for either club to make assumptions about that.

Anyway sounds as if we'll know one way or the other by the end of the day.

2 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

What would an appropriate punishment be then?  If none, then no club will bother to try meet this rule going forward, why would they waste money and time if they are met with a "pretty please do it for next review".  

I personally don't fully agree with all the criteria set out, but it's there and every club needs to adhere to it. If further mitigation is in place I think Buckie would have the right to ask serious questions of the SFA or whoever made the decision on their exclusion to the playoffs based on the same criteria not being met.

Sorry misread this. Either we meet the criteria to an extent the regulator is happy with and we're allowed to compete as usual or we don't and we're kicked out.

I don't want special treatment but I do want clarity.

No club can get kicked out without a majority vote of SPFL member clubs, not sure if it's a simple majority. Doubtless a number of them will be wary of setting a precedent that could bite them in the arse further down the line.

3 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

St Mirren Park and McDiarmid both better too, a bit odd.  

The silence is a bit odd.  Have City chosen to say nothing or have they been told to say nothing at this stage?  Very unsettling, not just for fans but also for players and coaching staff who don't know if they have a job for next season (given the possibilty that EC don't have a league to play in next season).

The silence is probably because there's about three people running the club and one of them I know is pretty tight lipped at the best of times. 

Back in the day when the Evening News had proper coverage of anything outwith Hibs and Hearts we might have read something but not nowadays. 

Anyway why let the facts spoil our fun on here? 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

No club can get kicked out without a majority vote of SPFL member clubs, not sure if it's a simple majority. Doubtless a number of them will be wary of setting a precedent that could bite them in the arse further down the line.

I would imagine the precedent the part time clubs in SPFL 1 and 2  would be more keen to set would be that the license criteria is stuck to to limit the chances of being replaced by one of the half dozen sides who are no more than a twitter account and a bag of jerseys. 

Doing this to Edinburgh would be easy as nothing of value to the SPFL would be lost.

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I would imagine the precedent the part time clubs in SPFL 1 and 2  would be more keen to set would be that the license criteria is stuck to to limit the chances of being replaced by one of the half dozen sides who are no more than a twitter account and a bag of jerseys. 

Doing this to Edinburgh would be easy as nothing of value to the SPFL would be lost.

I was thinking more of the situation at Caley where even a brief admin event could mean loss of bronze/silver license for 3 years, and thus expulsion, according to some people's interpretation of the rules.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Gee, thanks. 

Tube. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I was thinking more of the situation at Caley where even a brief admin event could mean loss of bronze/silver license for 3 years, and thus expulsion, according to some people's interpretation of the rules.

could the East of Scotland League cope with two Livingston teams... :whistle

Away from speculation and rumour there is a fact:

We're playing Broxburn Athletic away on 3rd July. The pies are nice, especially the steak and haggis. 

Although the way things are going it might be like the time Scotland kicked off and Estonia weren't there....