Edinburgh City

15 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

There are fair play rules supposed to stop clubs spending above their revenue.  Sugar daddies and directors can get round it by paying wages directly from their own money or half the money under the table.  I feel sorry for the city fans though. It was rumoured  for some time that City was only meeting wages by regular begging around Edinburgh for cash. What are fans  supposed to do about it, but keep quiet and hope the worst doesn't happen?  

Is there any ffp rules in Scottish football? I've certainly never heard of any . I would presume any club entering European competitions will have to match it's ffp rules but apart from that it would appear to be a complete free for all.

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is there any ffp rules in Scottish football? I've certainly never heard of any . I would presume any club entering European competitions will have to match it's ffp rules but apart from that it would appear to be a complete free for all.

They exist alright. Enforcement  doesn't.

4 hours ago, bod said:

Feel for the loyal supporters and the players. Young guys some with families I'd expect and no wage coming in, bad anytime but more so this time of year.

All the best going forward.

Thanks Bod.

I stand to be corrected but most of those players released last week were part-timers with weekly ECFC wage in the low hundreds, and would have had some part-time employment elsewhere. But still - quite a dent to their income when everyone is stretched just now. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Thanks Bod.

I stand to be corrected but most of those players released last week were part-timers with weekly ECFC wage in the low hundreds, and would have had some part-time employment elsewhere. But still - quite a dent to their income when everyone is stretched just now. 

Sorry I must have missed this, where was it confirmed that some players were actually released last week?   So guys like Ryan Shanley etc are now free agents?

Edited by Cowdenleith

On 10/12/2023 at 17:26, LongTimeLurker said:

All it takes is Seref Zengin deciding that trying to stay fulltime in League One wasn't such a good move after all and exiting stage right with control being hastily handed over to a fan group and half way through the following season...

On the sweepstakes of who is most likely to try and buy Edinburgh City's league place I'll go for East Kilbride. Hopefully it won't come to that though and there's a way to exit administration with Edinburgh City fans running things again.

Aye but is it the same club?

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Sorry I must have missed this, where was it confirmed that some players were actually released last week?   So guys like Ryan Shanley etc are now free agents?

Even if they have been released now they won't be able to join an SPFL side until the window can however join clubs in the LL and below.

The last couple of pages of this thread read like an episode from the 1890's when Scottish football was still in its growing pains.  It's a sad tale though and I really hope that some way can be found to stabilise the club.

I also hope there is no prospect of anyone or any club being permitted to simply 'buy the seat' should EC fall on their sword.

20 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The last couple of pages of this thread read like an episode from the 1890's when Scottish football was still in its growing pains.  It's a sad tale though and I really hope that some way can be found to stabilise the club.

I also hope there is no prospect of anyone or any club being permitted to simply 'buy the seat' should EC fall on their sword.

Whatever became of those Abercorn fans?

37 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Got a bit emotional at Danny's goodbye there. A player I've loved watching over the years.

I think he'd have stayed if at all possible.

you can watch his brother at Dunbar United.. a better player imho :lol: