Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

30 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Being a sevconian is concomitant with being a sevconian

I caught part of Kind Hearts and Coronets yesterday, had the TV on as background while working from home. I had to rewind to listen again to what I thought I heard, and sure enough, one of the characters says (copying from wikiquote):

I always say that my west window has all the exuberance of Chaucer without, happily, any of the concomitant crudities of his period.

I don't know if it's significant that Alec Guinness is killed several times in the film, but then crops up again shortly afterwards looking vaguely like his previous character, and with a similar name.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness you can apply that attitude (hating a rival player then liking him when he joins you) to just about every group of fans in the world

In all seriousness , only player I have ever formed a negative opinion of outwith the OF is Willie Miller who could have represented either of them as he had the quality of being a whinging c**t, I done this in the knowledge the would never play for Accies, I don't form opinions of players from sides whom I feel may play for Accies at some juncture of their career.

1 hour ago, sugna said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I caught part of Kind Hearts and Coronets yesterday, had the TV on as background while working from home. I had to rewind to listen again to what I thought I heard, and sure enough, one of the characters says (copying from wikiquote):

I always say that my west window has all the exuberance of Chaucer without, happily, any of the concomitant crudities of his period.

Thought Chaucer was a bloke........................:whistle

Is he available on loan?

In all seriousness , only player I have ever formed a negative opinion of outwith the OF is Willie Miller who could have represented either of them as he had the quality of being a whinging c**t, I done this in the knowledge the would never play for Accies, I don't form opinions of players from sides whom I feel may play for Accies at some juncture of their career.

Why are you so aggressive all the time?

Schrödinger's Sevco:
Simultaneously spending money we don't have, whilst not actually spending any money.
And being dead whilst at the same time alive. 

All this speculation about sevco's financial situation is indeed quite bizarre, especially from folk who know nothing about running a football club, annual reviews and projected revenue, does it all really matter?
Football is all about pulling rabbits out of hats, and potential investors are ten-a-penny these days.
Actually, I'm sure these recent unpaid trialists will bring much needed stability to a squad who haven't really reached their potential. With the management team fully committed until the end of the season, this should further assure the players of the club's longer term vision and objectives.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Schrödinger's Sevco:

Simultaneously spending money we don't have, whilst not actually spending any money.

And being dead whilst at the same time alive. 

Spending big = still no guarantee on closing the gap to Celtic as it risks spunking fortunes on garbage like Pena, Herrera etc.

Not spending big = prudent, but makes it extremely likely that you'll never ever ever ever ever eeevvveeerrr win the league unless Celtic manage to implode at some point in the future.

Sevco'd if you do, sevco'd if you don't.

Rangers have signed defender Russell Martin on loan from Norwich City until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old, who has 29 Scotland caps and more than 500 club appearances, has not played since August.

Martin previously worked with Ibrox manager Graeme Murty when the latter was coaching at Norwich.

"At this stage in my career to come here, it really excites me," Martin told Rangers TV.