Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think Strachan dissing the Scottish league is bad, Klinsi spent the first four years trawling the third German tier for sons of US Army vets, instead of drafting the best of the MLS. Not that it bothers me, but it's a regular stick to beat him with, wrongly imo when you watch shite like Forrest, McGinn, Brown and Wallace blowing out their arse after half an hour. 

That said, Strachan's the one deeming that acceptable of professional athletes. Klinsi would last ten minutes. 

On 20/11/2016 at 12:29, HibeeJibee said:

Of the European nations who've ever qualified for a major tournament, no-one has waited longer than ourselves to return. Think the next is Norway who reached Euro 2000.

I've not bothered to look at the whole world but might do so this afternoon. Could be frightening.

Erm... Wales waited from 1958 to 2016.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

If you want another fright...

Again leaving aside Israel, the only nations in that list currently ranked below 140th in the world are ourselves (57th) and Sierra Leone (97th).

Horrific :lol:!!

Wait, what?

26 minutes ago, NewHope said:

Erm... Wales waited from 1958 to 2016.

Hes not on about the entire length of the wait, he's on about up until the present day.

'No-one has waited longer?'

Wales - 58 years.

Scotland - 20 years.

We have 38 years until we wait longer than Wales, so the statement was incorrect. Bandying these comparsions about is a little non-productive anyway. We should be concentrating in getting our own 'hoose' in order. The hoose on the hill, or the sixth floor of Hampden, to be precise.

NB - I realise we don't have any divine right to qualify but nevertheless, twenty years is still, at the very least, two years too fucking long.

So, sorry wee man... but, aye, Strach has to go.

Soooooo, you pretty much agree with the principle behind the point being made, but you're just choosing to interpret his wording slightly differently from everybody else so you can be a pedant and appear more intelligent.

Seems a bit pointless tbh.

Not really interested in Botswana or Vanuatu getting a continental finals' berth, as frankly that just makes us look petty even discussing it. I'm a lot happier about pointing to potentially direct opponents, and comparing from there.....our failure is much better reading from that point of view. 

Gordon Strachan going away on a golfing holiday and then coming back and him then deciding he had the hunger to continue (and so he will) when none of us have hunger for him to continue is very irritating indeed. The SFA are fucking amateurish.

On 11/21/2016 at 22:01, Officer Barbrady said:

If you think Strachan dissing the Scottish league is bad, Klinsi spent the first four years trawling the third German tier for sons of US Army vets, instead of drafting the best of the MLS. Not that it bothers me, but it's a regular stick to beat him with, wrongly imo when you watch shite like Forrest, McGinn, Brown and Wallace blowing out their arse after half an hour. 

That said, Strachan's the one deeming that acceptable of professional athletes. Klinsi would last ten minutes. 

Get Andy Murray's fitness coach in to teach all coaches in Scotland the way forward. ...........................Only to have the likes of Jocky Scott telling him that it's a load of pish and what's wrong with the way we have done things for the last 50 years ! 

23 hours ago, NewHope said:

'No-one has waited longer?'

Wales - 58 years.

Scotland - 20 years.

You'd be right but for 1 letter - if he said "no-one had waited longer".  But he didn't so you're wrong.

He's probably refusing to attend games at New Douglas and Victoria Parks until Hamilton and Ross County are relegated to make way for some big clubs who couldn't stay in the top drawer on merit.

He's lead us to 67th in the rankings

Does anyone know you can find archived rankings? It would be interesting to see where Levein left us?

I'd imagine some of the feather wearing TA will be loving the fact it's 67. I've already had one on my Facebook relating it to becoming unofficial word champions. Very sad really that this is the way our support acknowledges things now.

Our game is in the gutter and as until certain people wake up and realise this it's only going to get far far worse

25 minutes ago, HairyBawz said:

Does anyone know you can find archived rankings? It would be interesting to see where Levein left us?

I'd imagine some of the feather wearing TA will be loving the fact it's 67. I've already had one on my Facebook relating it to becoming unofficial word champions. Very sad really that this is the way our support acknowledges things now.

Our game is in the gutter and as until certain people wake up and realise this it's only going to get far far worse

http://www.scotlandfootballstats.co.uk/fifa-rankings/

34 minutes ago, forameus said:

Wasn't it somewhere in the 80s or 90s?  That's certainly our record low.  

Nah, Berti had us lower.

ETA: ah, yes, March 2005 - 88th :( 

ETA2: interesting how high we stayed for much of Burley's reign. Still in the 20s well over a year into his diabolical stewardship.

43 minutes ago, HairyBawz said:

Levein left us at 70 based on those rankings.  The highest he ever reached was 41st.

Burley left us at 46th, but it's important to note that when he joined us, we were 14th.  He had a bit of a boost midway through the reign, but other than that pretty much took us down, then left us with Levein, who took us down further.

In contrast, Strachan probably should have left us at 67 (could well get lower come next year).  His high was 22nd.  So at the moment, the lows were about the same as Levein, but the highs were much better.

You seem to be taking things far too seriously.

Do you not think Scotland fans realise that it's an utter shit state of affairs? Everyone knows this. Getting all irate on a fb post won't change it.

Archived