Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Take the context out of it and both are the move of a coward. That much is true.

Still, I think there's a fair chance I'd act like a coward towards a racist bigot too, if I was in Neymar's place.

Who knows, eh?
It could be a conversation worth having, but not with the trolling alias you have quoted who, not for the first time is looking to twist things to accuse posters on here of various things including being racist.

You really have to wonder about someone who spends their days looking to score points under an alias over something as serious as racism. Certainly when discussing cowardly behaviour.....

It could be a conversation worth having, but not with the trolling alias you have quoted who, not for the first time is looking to twist things to accuse posters on here of various things including being racist.

You really have to wonder about someone who spends their days looking to score points under an alias over something as serious as racism. Certainly when discussing cowardly behaviour.....
I have no idea whether it's an alias or not - that seems to be something that is really prevalent on this particular forum though. Odd behaviour in itself.

Anyway, aye it's definitely a conversation worth having.

From an entirely personal perspective I'm probably the most passive person imaginable. But things like racism or bullying for example really infuriate me and there's been the odd time I would like to have given someone a fly scud.

1 minute ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I have no idea whether it's an alias or not - that seems to be something that is really prevalent on this particular forum though. Odd behaviour in itself.

Anyway, aye it's definitely a conversation worth having.

From an entirely personal perspective I'm probably the most passive person imaginable. But things like racism or bullying for example really infuriate me and there's been the odd time I would like to have given someone a fly scud.

Well of course. I have too. There will be times most of us have wished extreme violence on other people. However, some people in recent times seem to have moved that on a few steps to basically saying people should be allowed to decide when physical assault is appropriate and dish it out accordingly. There are a lot of very, very obvious problems with this, and it's very easy to take it not too far along its logical road to find them. 

And what we are now discussing...... Hitting someone on the back of the head is a cowardly move as we have agreed.... But just like the above, start saying thats ok under certain circumstances then drag it out to its logical end point. 

I look forward to some trolling VL trying to claim that the above somehow makes me racist. 

Well of course. I have too. There will be times most of us have wished extreme violence on other people. However, some people in recent times seem to have moved that on a few steps to basically saying people should be allowed to decide when physical assault is appropriate and dish it out accordingly. There are a lot of very, very obvious problems with this, and it's very easy to take it not too far along its logical road to find them. 
And what we are now discussing...... Hitting someone on the back of the head is a cowardly move as we have agreed.... But just like the above, start saying thats ok under certain circumstances then drag it out to its logical end point. 

I look forward to some trolling VL trying to claim that the above somehow makes me racist. 
I don't think it's ever ok, that's the thing.

There might however be certain circumstances where we might (slightly) understand it.

You're not being racist, in my view.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

unching someone in the back of the head will never not be a cowards move regardless of motivation.

Never asked for help....what the f**k is this statement...when you get ATTACKED you don't take numbers.

I'm white....I fight.....go

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Not sure about this one. 

We are talking about a dangerous, from behind assault on a part of the body prohibited in all combat sports because of the damage it can do, coupled with the fact that punches you dont see coming generally do more damage. Attacking someone form behind is the definition of cowardly and the motivation to do so doesnt change that. 

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Neymar clearly shouldn’t be hitting someone on the back of the head, but very few of us on the forum will have had to deal with what he (allegedly) had to last night. He’s lashed out with pretty minimal force, in a situation where his emotions had clearly got the better of him. 

Questioning his reaction is fine, but calling him ‘a c**t,’ ‘a little bitch,’ or a ‘coward,’ is objectively ridiculous.

@Falkirk09Bairn called it spot on, white men deciding how a black person should react to a white man racially abusing him without any layers of nuance is a horrendous look. 

Well fortunately it's not a case 9f anyone deciding how he should react, since assaulting someone is against the law and there is really no decision to make there. 

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

f**k.ing.hell. 

Well its not though is it? I can objectively say punching someone in the back of the head is an act of cowardice. It was you I had this conversation with before IIRC, so why are you reverting back to replies like that above? Me saying Neymar acted like a coward is by no stretch of the imagination "a white man telling a black man how to react." Is is very simply me saying that blindsiding someone to the back of the head is a coward move. 

Stop trying to bend my words because tbh that makes you as bad as pitiful trolls like the one you mentioned and Marshmallo etc. 

You will never find a view of mine that is rooted in racism because I am not a racist. If you want to start from that point and continue the debate re punching people in the back of the head, or even just punching people I  general, by all means on you go. If you wnat to contort the whole thing to make me appear to have racist views, then count me out. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are talking about a dangerous, from behind assault on a part of the body prohibited in all combat sports because of the damage it can do, coupled with the fact that punches you dont see coming generally do more damage. Attacking someone form behind is the definition of cowardly and the motivation to do so doesnt change that. 

It's hardly Khabib in the Octagon is it

16 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Calling someone a ‘little bitch,’ for reacting to being racially abused in a way that isn’t rooted in logic and best practice is very much a trope I’d expect to see from the far right.

I’m not saying you are racist, or have racist views, I’m merely saying that your turn of phrase here would not look out of place at a Tommy Robinson rally, and your argument is severely lacking in nuance. 

I didnt call him a little bitch? I said he was a coward for punching someone, from behind in the back of the head. To my mind, this would apply in almost all circumstances except in the need for self defence. 

Anyway, I appreciate the honesty of your second part at least but I'm out. Too many village idiots predictably over-excited about getting to call someone racist whether they are or not.