Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I've scored every round for team dregs so far. I'm not seeing anything that ought to trouble them from team gammon but funny things can happen in the championship rounds.

FB14F2F5-5600-426C-BAEE-FEB3CAE70481.gif

53 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Team gammon had a horrific start to proceedings with the equating of being a racist and punching a racist, and remarkably it’s been all downhill from there. A truly poor day, even by their usual standards!

There must be something about the letter B on this forum: Bairnardo, BU, bennett, Bigmouth!

JTS should add a B somewhere to complete the set.

23 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The issue you have is the people on your side of the forum, the 8Mile’s, the JTS and even yourself actually, can say whatever you want and it’s fine. JTS just called me thick as f**k despite me having a full set of standard grades, and you have no issue with that.

“your side of the forum” 😄

35 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Was a not so subtle dig at Bairnardo for his posting style recently being appreciated by a certain level of poster. 

I always think you can tell a lot about how good your posting is by which posters are making use of the reputation system to show their appreciation or otherwise to your posts, and when a man who openly admitted to assaulting a homeless person in front of his child is showing appreciation towards your posts it’s maybe time to take a step back! 

Nah, there’s just a bunch of cliquey dregs m8. Some make use of the rep system, yes; but it doesn’t actually improve the posting. Which is mostly dross and dregs.

Edited by 8MileBU

41 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Was a not so subtle dig at Bairnardo for his posting style recently being appreciated by a certain level of poster. 

I always think you can tell a lot about how good your posting is by which posters are making use of the reputation system to show their appreciation or otherwise to your posts, and when a man who openly admitted to assaulting a homeless person in front of his child is showing appreciation towards your posts it’s maybe time to take a step back! 

Yep, if my posts were ever liked by posters such as 14mile/One Hour Photo, JTS98, Biggie, Kincy, etc, I would certainly be having a good think about bettering myself and asking hard questions about whether my posts were enhancing the forum experience for others. 

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Good post, and I think a post about me being ‘thick as f**k,’ yesterday demonstrates this well. 

Initially I noticed that this post had been upvoted multiple times, and I thought maybe I should rethink how I enhance the forum experience for myself and others, but then I looked in to the detail, and it suggests that my posting is at a good level. You need to look beyond the headline stats.

FA388384-90A6-4B0D-B528-AAC410BA175F.thumb.png.6fb3fd457b7f287277bdd1ce9e4c7908.png

I looked beyond the headline. Insightful.

It shows folk who can think for themselves voting up and some utter dregs voting down.