Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

33 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Former Cabinet Ministers may or may not have been meeting bilaterally with key European heads of government/state to reach a common understanding about what length of extension is likely to be mutually agreeable to the European Council and the House of Commons.

If you want the real reason for the withdrawal of the whip, this might help you fill in some of the missing pieces.

Incidentally, the original “plan” was for an extension until 22 May (just before key votes on the EU’s next multi-annual financial framework) but Labour MPs in Leave heavy seats shat the bed about a 7 month or so extension. Hence the ask is a slightly useless additional 3, which if offered is only really long enough for an election and a cosmetic renegotiation rather than a referendum.

I assumed the 3 month thing was to give a chance of another one before the absolute (probably) deadline of 22 May. If opposition parties get control, either via a VONC or GE, they would still have time to ask for a second extension to allow a confirmatory referendum in November/December, for April/May. Otherwise the 3 month extension is daft, especially with the Christmas break.

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Meanwhile, the Scottish edition of the Scum is lampooning Boris on it's front cover for being unable to get an election.

I suppose we all knew it's a hypocritical arse-wipe of a paper anyway, but still...

He should try viagla

Genuine question 1 - the EU say no extension - would that mean No Deal or most likely May's deal coming back?

Genuine question 2 - Boris stops negotiations - the EU wont grant an extension if that happens. In that scenario the opposition have to have a VONC?

Assuming the talks ongoing are a nonsense then hopefully the bill gets passed and Labour support a GE so someone can go to the EU with some sort of consensus behind them.

At this point I just want this over with now in one way or another.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Genuine question 1 - the EU say no extension - would that mean No Deal or most likely May's deal coming back?

Genuine question 2 - Boris stops negotiations - the EU wont grant an extension if that happens. In that scenario the opposition have to have a VONC?

Assuming the talks ongoing are a nonsense then hopefully the bill gets passed and Labour support a GE so someone can go to the EU with some sort of consensus behind them.

At this point I just want this over with now in one way or another.

If your football team was playing extra time in a 'boring to watch'  cup final, would you just want it to be over one way or the other?

I want brexit to be scrapped one way or another. 

I don't want the majority of folk in the UK to have a worse life just so that I can stop being bored with brexit.

If your football team was playing extra time in a 'boring to watch'  cup final, would you just want it to be over one way or the other?
 I don't want the majority of folk in the UK to have a worse life just so that I can stop being bored with brexit.

Cup final, hahahahahahaha

The "I just want this over with" sentiment is such a dangerous thing, imo this is what fascists and extremists want the general public to say so they can dissolve our rights and write whatever rules they want to benefit them and their friends, not the country.

Edited by frankthetank22

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
4 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Cup final, hahahahahahaha

Apologies.   😇

(ye of little faith)

4 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I just can't see anyone getting any kind of a deal passed by Parliament.

With any luck it should all boil down to leaving with a No deal or revoking Article 50 and cancelling Brexit.

Hopefully faced with that choice common sense would prevail.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

With any luck it should all boil down to leaving with a No deal or revoking Article 50 and cancelling Brexit.

Unable to give 2 greenies.

I would  accept brexit Ref 2,  now that we 'should' all know the score.

19 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

The "I just want this over with" sentiment is such a dangerous thing, imo this is what fascists and extremists want the general public to say so they can dissolve our rights and right whatever rules they want to benefit them and their friends, not the country.

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE - GERRONWIVIT

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Absolutely.  This parliament has shown itself unable to pass any deal either due to the ERG wanting too much or Remainers not wanting any deal.   A new parliament is needed so that either a new referendum is given a mandate or a mandate to take a deal through parliament.

All the leverage has been used up.  It's May's deal either in the North sea or all UK.  

It's a terrible precedent to set negotiation subject to a second referendum.  But we are we are we are.