General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2023 at 23:13, GiGi said:

This looks fun. Hopefully it doesn't Cyberpunk it and deliver none of its promise.

Anyway all looks nice please go make ESVI.

I thought this looked really interesting, and then I realised it's single player. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I thought this looked really interesting, and then I realised it's single player. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

For me that's an absolutely massive plus.  

• 1 month later...

Jesus f**k, I guess Red Dead Redemption is never coming to the PC.

As for C&C remastered, the real-time strategy genre seems to have died on its arse about a decade after point-and-click adventures went the way of the dodo, so they're due a renaissance considering how popular they used to be. Can't say I ever liked them myself.

On 07/08/2023 at 20:22, 54_and_counting said:

God i wish they would do a new gen version/remake etc of the command and conquer series

There is a remaster of Red Alert.

In today's episode of strange music choices in video game trailers...

Depeche Mode - Just can't get enough has been used in the announcement trailer for...

*checks notes*

Train Sim World (4)...

https://youtu.be/40Mb5s4SsX0 (thanks to YouTube's Algorithm for treating me to the gift that is this comical music-game matchup)

Now, has anyone got one more random that that?

• 2 weeks later...

Volition Games of Red Faction, Descent & Saints Row fame are being closed by parent company Embracer. Victim of Embracer's buying spree & a $2 billion deal between Embracer & Saudi PIF backed Savvy Games that fell through.

It's kinda wild how the more successful a games studio is, the harder it seems for them to avoid being shut down (usually smothered in their sleep after serving a stretch in EA's loot box mines).

Some of the longest-running game producers have been responsible for utter shite their entire careers. Always surprised to discover the turd merchants from the olden days who are still grinding out a living in mobile gaming or similar.

28 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Volition Games of Red Faction, Descent & Saints Row fame are being closed by parent company Embracer. Victim of Embracer's buying spree & a $2 billion deal between Embracer & Saudi PIF backed Savvy Games that fell through.

That's shite news. I loved the first four Saints Row games, especially the third game. They took the stupid stuff that everyone loved doing in free roam during the GTA games and ramped in up to 11.