Blast From The Past!

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I actually picked up a bottle of Electric White and took it as my carry out to a party many years ago, it was only when I took the first sip I realised it was undrinkable so had to find something  to dilute it with. No blackcurrant at the party so ended up drinking Electric White and Kia-ora.

It was great value. However, some (me, Shane McGowan, and probably many dead people) realised litres of Tesco Red Vermouth represented the most bang for your buck available. Went well with speed and a curry before a night out (think it would be called “prinks” these days).

image.jpeg.6ec944906394f5b4aee0cd4cafbc9d96.jpeg

Edited by Shandön Par

33 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It was great value. However, some (me, Shane McGowan, and probably many dead people) realised litres of Tesco Red Vermouth represented the most bang for your buck available. Went well with speed and a curry before a night out (think it would be called “prinks” these days).

image.jpeg.6ec944906394f5b4aee0cd4cafbc9d96.jpeg

Jeez, I'd forgotten about Martini. It's Italian, so it's good.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

My teens had simpler tonics.

unnamed.jpg

41I1d4F6K-L._AC_SS350_.jpg

We got an R.E. trip to Nunraw Abbey in 2nd year. The school coach stopped in Haddington and the bad boys tanned some Kestrel from the local Mace and drank it at the back of the bus.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We got an R.E. trip to Nunraw Abbey in 2nd year. The school coach stopped in Haddington and the bad boys tanned some Kestrel from the local Mace and drank it at the back of the bus.

Thought you were at it with "Nunraw Abbey" until I looked it up and was surprised to find it a real place!

Anyway, on the subject of cheap nasty ciders, I only ever tried this once. I can't remember whether it got me three times as hammered as its name suggested, but it made a change from Pulse. 

3 Hammers Cider 2.5L

On 23/01/2021 at 19:18, Bert Raccoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.dcdc935f37fee463a8c303a0137d2a5f.jpeg

This was another favourite, £1 a litre, could afford to buy two bottles and 10 Regal with my £5 pocket money and still have enough for a packet of Monster Munch.

I've just had a reflex vomit in my mouth.  Never seen an apple in its life. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did they not also have a DJ called Sandy Beach? 

Dunno if he was on there but he was certainly behind a company that made most of the jingles for Radio 1. He's also now a convicted child sex offender.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Dunno if he was on there but he was certainly behind a company that made most of the jingles for Radio 1. He's also now a convicted child sex offender.

Radio 1.... convicted sex offender.... as Tom Jones sang "It's not unusual"

On 23/01/2021 at 23:52, tamthebam said:

Pah! 4th year CCF Field Trip to Arran, the local offie (separate door in and counter but adjacent to the public bar in hotel) in Blackwaterfoot(?) was delighted to sell us their out of date T. Think my mental arithmetic said my money would buy me 19 cans, please sir?  

“Here son, just take the slab.”  😂