Blast From The Past!

On 23/01/2021 at 19:18, Bert Raccoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.dcdc935f37fee463a8c303a0137d2a5f.jpeg

This was another favourite, £1 a litre, could afford to buy two bottles and 10 Regal with my £5 pocket money and still have enough for a packet of Monster Munch.

I've just had a reflex vomit in my mouth.  Never seen an apple in its life. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did they not also have a DJ called Sandy Beach? 

Dunno if he was on there but he was certainly behind a company that made most of the jingles for Radio 1. He's also now a convicted child sex offender.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Dunno if he was on there but he was certainly behind a company that made most of the jingles for Radio 1. He's also now a convicted child sex offender.

Radio 1.... convicted sex offender.... as Tom Jones sang "It's not unusual"

On 23/01/2021 at 23:52, tamthebam said:

We got an R.E. trip to Nunraw Abbey in 2nd year. The school coach stopped in Haddington and the bad boys tanned some Kestrel from the local Mace and drank it at the back of the bus.

Pah! 4th year CCF Field Trip to Arran, the local offie (separate door in and counter but adjacent to the public bar in hotel) in Blackwaterfoot(?) was delighted to sell us their out of date T. Think my mental arithmetic said my money would buy me 19 cans, please sir?  

“Here son, just take the slab.”  😂

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Pah! 4th year CCF Field Trip to Arran, the local offie (separate door in and counter but adjacent to the public bar in hotel) in Blackwaterfoot(?) was delighted to sell us their out of date T. Think my mental arithmetic said my money would buy me 19 cans, please sir?  

“Here son, just take the slab.”  😂

We went on a 5 day trip to the Western Front with History in 4th year. It involved an overnight ferry from Hull to Zebrugge. It had a bar, and a few of us went there. They asked no questions and we were sinking pints. 

The history teacher showed up and gave us a roasting. Told us to get back to our rooms or we would be grounded. We stayed where we were. 

Next night, we sneaked out of our hotel to a nearby Belgian pub where we were introduced to the joys of Jupiler. Still a favourite today. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We went on a 5 day trip to the Western Front with History in 4th year. It involved an overnight ferry from Hull to Zebrugge. It had a bar, and a few of us went there. They asked no questions and we were sinking pints. 

The history teacher showed up and gave us a roasting. Told us to get back to our rooms or we would be grounded. We stayed where we were. 

Next night, we sneaked out of our hotel to a nearby Belgian pub where we were introduced to the joys of Jupiler. Still a favourite today. 

So. You went to Hull and back?

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

It seems odd, in this world of digital radio, that we listened to a music station on longwave with not the best sound quality.

I later listened to (the original) Virgin Radio on 1215 AM. The Nick Abbot phone in was brilliant in the 90s.

On 24/01/2021 at 13:28, KnightswoodBear said:

I've just had a reflex vomit in my mouth.  Never seen an apple in its life. 

Checked the ingredients, second is "apple juice from concentrate"...its seen an apple, and it currently identifies as an "apple" cider, but...