June 8th General Election

Mudder

The DUP propping up the Tories will end up in tears. They're militant, right wing christian nut jobs who make some of the evangelical, doomsday mongers in the U.S. seem reasonable. I can't wait to see the mess this is going to create. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What is the absolute obsession with trying to dismiss the Tory vote as being rangers related? Are there suddenly more rangers fans in Scotland than there was in 2015 or 2011?

They were actually Chelsea fans m8

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

This is absolutely disgusting. How can anyone say this is acceptable?

51 minutes and no "wid"?

For clarification, wid.

I didn't think it needed to be said

1 minute ago, Leggy Blonde said:

The DUP propping up the Tories will end up in tears. They're militant, right wing christian nut jobs who make some of the evangelical, doomsday mongers in the U.S. seem reasonable. I can't wait to see the mess this is going to create. 

And the DUP are just as bad

Bollocks.

No, those are the plain facts. As a big-hitting P and B veteran, I've seen many a proper troll over the years and you are not one of them. You're just a common or garden variety of 'Yoon cretin'.

Hard lines.

1497031369770.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What is the absolute obsession with trying to dismiss the Tory vote as being rangers related? Are there suddenly more rangers fans in Scotland than there was in 2015 or 2011?

Total desperation to reduce any election or referendum that doesn't go your way down to the most puerile simplistic argument going. Pathetic.

Your lack of self awareness and tolerance of other doesn't bode well for you learning from your mistakes- thankfully.

No, Rangers died in 2012.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that this is an utter shambles. May has wasted a couple of months trying to flex her muscles instead of ironically 'getting on with the day job' of the Brexit negotiations. Daft bint.

No, those are the plain facts. As a big-hitting P and B veteran, I've seen many a proper troll over the years and you are not one of them. You're just a common or garden variety of 'Yoon cretin'.

Hard lines.

1497031369770.jpg.bf2f7df30aa5ed5f6af5a564b06bd1a7.jpg

"As a big hitting P & B veteran"....i can only hope that is a joke or your embarrassing yourself to be honest.[emoji23] [emoji23]

"As a big hitting P & B veteran"....i can only hope that is a joke or your embarrassing yourself to be honest.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Officially the most influential poster in the history of the forum, chump. As earned by fully ten years of effortlessly stomping all over two-bob roasters like yourself.

Just let that sink in.

1497032220318.jpg

Officially the most influential poster in the history of the forum, chump. As earned by fully ten years of effortlessly stomping all over two-bob roasters like yourself.

Just let that sink in.

1497032220318.jpg.35291d4acba04eb1f99edd184c651185.jpg

Obviously a different one than the sad sack Morton fan trolling the lower league forums then i assume.Have a word with yourself before it becomes too sad for words.If i end up mocking you you've really hit a low point."Most influential poster in the history of the forum" Officially as well ? Can we see the supporting evidence for that bold claim.[emoji23] [emoji23] Actually maybe you should substitute your head for Salmonds on that GIF.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The thing about salmond is that he's still box office. He might have lost his seat but he will still be trolling programmes like QT and Politics today for yrs to come....
Pleasing

This.

The Greatest Living ScotsmanTM  will continue to wield massive influence on Scottish politics. Freed from elected duties, he should be put to work behind the scenes at Bute House, deployed to rally the troops before elections and continue to effortlessly troll unionists and the media at will.

It's quite ironic that in seven weeks of campaigning, the only country that was given no mention, no debates, and no airtime was Northern Ireland: here they are with the keys to the door and loads of people frantically typing 'NI POLITICS FOR DUMMIES' and 'WHAS THE DUP EN?' into Google, and probably not liking what they find out.

Very bizarre election this one, and I suspect we're going to have to do it again soon. Was at the count in Aibrrdeen and evident fairly early that the Tories would cash in on the proxy indyref paradigm along with agriculture and fishing being sticky wickets for the SNP in this neck of the woods. Independence is far from dead, but any night that scalps Salmond and Robertson and sees a huge drop in the vote is a kick in the teeth. SNP's biggest problem coming up might actually may be the idea of a viable LOC-Labour winning 326 at WM in a rerun with a leader who may oppose Indy, but will dangle the carrot of refusing to rule it out.

May going to the craps table looking for lucky 7 and coming up snake eyes is quite funny though. She'll be gone in short order, and this Tory/DUP coalition which will no doubt cause more friction in Northern Ireland (they haven't even got a working assembly FFS) won't have a prayer of either a) legislating effectively, or b) navigating the cluster-fruitcake of Brexit.

As for Nuttall, :lol::

Nice to see Lynton Crosby getting criticism for an awful campaign.

The Tories have managed to make the Ed Stone look like a good idea. Absolute clusterfuck of a campaign from them. Scottish Tories stuck to their task well, used the disquiet over the notion of another Indy ref to have a pretty impressive night. The question is, where do they go from here? If, like Ruth Davidson says, that's the end of any notion of another referendum in the near to medium future then what can they offer? Their entire campaign up here was based on being opposed to the referendum, if that bogeyman is defeated how do they capitalise on their gains?

As for Scottish Labour they've added a few votes, but not many. Hopefully the rot has stopped and the party are more in tune with voters again.

Terrible night for the SNP, lazy campaign and I don't think the 'if you want a Labour PM, vote SNP' thing really worked and the claims about Kezia's positioning on another referendum didn't seem to really do them any favours. Where do they go from here? The acting left-wing and noisy in Westminster whilst being (small c) conservative and moderate in Holyrood probably can't really last forever. I can see why they want to put themselves in a position where they don't offend or alienate any groups so as not to turn people off independence, but it appears as if this is starting to have an impact on their popularity.

Lib Dems in Scotland had a decent night, but I'm guessing a bit of unionist tactical voting helped there. I think it would be easier to get unionist Labour supporters to lend a vote to a Lib Dem than a Tory. But it was a pretty dismal performance for them nationwide. The Tories have shifted right, we have shifted left, there should be rich pickings for a centrist party but they've managed to only make a few gains, and lost a couple of seats they probably should have hung on to. I'm genuinely surprised by how happy they are (or are acting at least) as they seem to have gone from being a total irrelevance to being...a total irrelevance.

All in all the DUP the biggest winners? That's depressing.

The election has given May a thorough and deserved set-back, one I doubt she can recover from. She is spoilt goods and I can almost hear the knives sharpening now.

Star of the election for me has to be the Labour Party manifesto. A great coup. Popular, left wing, something that we could sell to voters. Corbyn connected to youth voters, the manifesto connected to people who weren't sure about the man himself. I think we need to build upon this. I just hope Corbyn can take his performances on the campaign trail and be as effective doing his day job.

Archived