New clubs in the East of Scotland

Could be some epic ties Craig.

If for the sake of argument Cowdenbeath come down and as expected Wigtown returns, then by my reckoning - and not considering any late applicants to EOSL nor any SOSL applicants - you've 57 clubs in the South Challenge Cup; 37 in the EOS Qualifying Cup (that'd need a Preliminary with 5 ties); 27 in the King Cup (an extra round to now).

Likes of Cowden, Kelty, Burntisland, HoB, Crossgate, Inverkeithing... Whitehill, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Easthouses... Shire, Camelon, Dunipace... Preston, Ormiston, Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent...

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Statement from EoS on The Sun Juniors Facebook page,

The East of Scotland Football League is very pleased ...to announce that the undernoted Clubs have applied for, and been accepted into, membership of the League commencing from Season 2018/2019.
The structure of the League will be decided once we have a final number of participants as this could still change between now and our Annual General Meeting on 7 June due to the possible relegation of one other Club from the Scottish Lowland Football League and to allow the League to consider any late applications for membership.

Clubs accepted

Blackburn United
Bonnyrigg Rose
Camelon Juniors
Crossgates Primrose
Dalkeith Thistle
Dunipace
Easthouses Lily
Edinburgh United
Haddington Athletic
Hill o’ Beath Hawthorn
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic
Tranent Juniors

Interesting last bit there, are they hoping for more applicants or are they fishing to try and catch something?

Everyone knows there's the chance they could be left with an odd number following the playoffs, putting it out there publicly is a nice way to attract some candidates. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Everyone knows there's the chance they could be left with an odd number following the playoffs, putting it out there publicly is a nice way to attract some candidates. 

I wonder if Dundonald are having second thoughts.

19 minutes ago, sevesnape said:

A risky strategy, applying and then pulling out. Did they hold  1 or 2 EGMs, or perhaps none at all ?  Their members/supporters views would be interesting.

28 minutes ago, sevesnape said:

I'm sure there will be some within their committee, same with Linlithgow & Bo'ness. They've all seemingly got split committees/members/fans on this issue and I doubt they've got enough support to break the status quo at this late stage.

I was just looking through the - pretty small - list of EOSL applicants rejected over the last 30-odd years in the annual Scottish Non-League Review. (That being the source, it may not be 100% comprehensive, plus Lothian Thistle were successful after a few failed attempts and later Hutchison Vale were successful by merging with them).

Selkirk EOS were knocked back in 2014 with clubs not prepared to admit a reserve team, but that aside I can only see 4 who didn't make it. Gala Rovers merged with Fairydean in 2013 then became GFR's amateur team - what became of the others namely Loanhead, Telman and Links?

Loanhead Miners' Welfare ... applied in 1992 and 1994
Telman Star ... applied in 1992 and 1994
Links Utd ... applied in 2000 and 2008
Gala Rovers ... applied in 2005

My recollection is that Links Utd used Marine Drive (at a time when Edinburgh/Leith Athletic were there as well Civil Service). Gala Rovers used Netherdale of course... unsure over the other 2.

24 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was just looking through the - pretty small - list of EOSL applicants rejected over the last 30-odd years in the annual Scottish Non-League Review. (That being the source, it may not be 100% comprehensive, plus Lothian Thistle were successful after a few failed attempts and later Hutchison Vale were successful by merging with them).

Selkirk EOS were knocked back in 2014 with clubs not prepared to admit a reserve team, but that aside I can only see 4 who didn't make it. Gala Rovers merged with Fairydean in 2013 then became GFR's amateur team - what became of the others namely Loanhead, Telman and Links?

My recollection is that Links Utd used Marine Drive (at a time when Edinburgh/Leith Athletic were there as well Civil Service). Gala Rovers used Netherdale of course... unsure over the other 2.

Loanhead MW were in the LEAFA Premier not so long ago. Presume they must've folded. Google tells me there's a youth team under the same name though.

10 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Loanhead MW were in the LEAFA Premier not so long ago. Presume they must've folded. Google tells me there's a youth team under the same name though.

:(

Presumably:

2013-14 ... finished bottom of LEAFA Premier One (1 draw from 20 games)
2014-15 on... don't appear

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Didn't West Barns Star apply a few years ago ?

Think they were simply rumoured to be interested, versus proceeding through to a vote?

There'll have been plenty such rumours down the years... straight off Salvesons, Chirnside Utd, clubs from North Berwick and Rosyth spring to mind even in recent times. Tweedmouth Amateurs this season. AM Soccer to LL.

e.g. SNLR says Gala Fairydean Rovers EOS applied in 2015 then withdrew (maybe perceiving similar prospects to Selkirk EOS!).

Edited by HibeeJibee

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Loanhead's youth team play at the Memorial Park, would imagine it was the same place.

I'm sure there will be some within their committee, same with Linlithgow & Bo'ness. They've all seemingly got split committees/members/fans on this issue and I doubt they've got enough support to break the status quo at this late stage.

It's quite clear the Linlithgow committee is split on the subject.

I get the impression even showing interest in the SJFA route was far from easy.

Amongst our support there is an element of knowledge of what benefits moving would bring.

Unfortunately there is also a vast number of members being informed by project fear elements of committee. These members have not been informed of the whole picture.

A bland statement is the full extent of the clubs engagement with members and AGM alone will unlikely change some very deeply entrenched views.

29 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

It's quite clear the Linlithgow committee is split on the subject.

I get the impression even showing interest in the SJFA route was far from easy.

Amongst our support there is an element of knowledge of what benefits moving would bring.

Unfortunately there is also a vast number of members being informed by project fear elements of committee. These members have not been informed of the whole picture.

A bland statement is the full extent of the clubs engagement with members and AGM alone will unlikely change some very deeply entrenched views.

Sjfa are panicking and resorted to scare tactics trying to hold on. Worryingly it worked on Dundonald. Linlithgow and Bo'ness should have went but I think some want them to be the biggest fish. Others want there clubs to progress which they would have by joining us in eosfl

Sjfa are panicking and resorted to scare tactics trying to hold on. Worryingly it worked on Dundonald. Linlithgow and Bo'ness should have went but I think some want them to be the biggest fish. Others want there clubs to progress which they would have by joining us in eosfl

Not sure it's just the big fish scenario that's the problem.

We have invested on infrastructure but noticeable not as much on the park.

So to be honest trying to guess what their view to the future remains a mystery.