New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, juniorref said:

Is it not only 2 up from the Third Division so the leagues can be brought to 16-16-16-12?

A third team can be promoted if Lithgae are promoted and no club is relegated to the EoS from the LL, which is looking quite likely right now. What would stop that scenario from unfolding would be if Brechin go up to the SPFL and either Albion Rovers or Bonnyrigg Rose are relegated to the LL because that would mean that Edinburgh Uni are relegated to the EoS premier to keep the number of non-B teams at 16.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 03/05/2023 at 21:01, searchers1963 said:

Syngenta and boness played junior before going to the pyramid 

They are (or were) both actually amateur teams.

Syngenta were Pennies AFC and Boness utd were Linlithgow Thistle AFC.  Both played from 3g cages.

Linton hotspur are a far more organised club that either of those 2 were when they joined the juniors / EOSFL.  The other two had better teams mind you!  

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Did Inverkeithing not drop all bit the Swifts part of their name or something like that a couple of seasons ago but nobody really bothered and bashed on calling them IHS regardless? 

I think it was the Inverkeithing bit that was dropped as they play in Dalgety Bay now.

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did Inverkeithing not drop all bit the Swifts part of their name or something like that a couple of seasons ago but nobody really bothered and bashed on calling them IHS regardless? 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think it was the Inverkeithing bit that was dropped as they play in Dalgety Bay now.

Inverkeithing and Swifts are still their team name.

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts - Club directory - East of Scotland Football Association & League (eosfl.com)

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The club dropped it. As as I understand it the EoSFA/EoSFL would not accept just Swifts FC. As it's too generic. What with Jeanfield Swifts you can understand why. It's a bit like the recent Caledonian Thistle but there's ICT situation.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Not a new club but I did hear today a current club might be changing their name next season... :whistle

Are Craigroyston still changing to Edinburgh City ran by the youths,wonder if the social club is on board if its all still happening 

1 minute ago, the tin man said:

Are Craigroyston still changing to Edinburgh City ran by the youths,wonder if the social club is on board if its all still happening 

Unlike the fibs spread by a money man and his monkey at another club I doubt the Social Club will care

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The club dropped it. As as I understand it the EoSFA/EoSFL would not accept just Swifts FC. As it's too generic. What with Jeanfield Swifts you can understand why. It's a bit like the recent Caledonian Thistle but there's ICT situation.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They were always called hillfield swifts formally as a boys club but that was commonly shortened to swifts.  Think they added inverkeithing upon joining the EoS to try help get a support along from those not involved with the youth side of things.  

Not playing at hillfield or in inverkeithing they seem to be going with swifts branding, tho still formally IHS.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Craigroyston changing to Edinburgh City seems an odd move. What's the reasoning behind that?

Are they? seems odd and will just cause confusion with the real Edinburgh City, who are not Edinburgh City but used to be, or something like that........