New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 hours ago, G4Mac said:

If there is some form of continuation of a non league cup the sjfa should have nothing to do with running it. Their teams in the west are playing Sat, Mon, Wed, Sat for the foreseeable to finish the season.

Correct, how on earth you can have a situation where one team has  played only 8 league games by the end of April, and then has six weeks to play the remaining 20 is just incompetence, and these people can't be trusted to run anything.

36 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

In addition what have the PWG achieved so far? (Not sure how long they have been around - tbh)

We are where we are due to the actions of teams not the governing bodies.  Fully functioning Governing Bodies should lead not follow.

Having never attended one of these meetings I can only give my perception sadly.... 

The pwg appear to have worked as a collective to ensure that there is a functioning pyramid, from what I know it is made up or representatives from each associate non league member of the pyramid as well as the LL. The pyramid works in its current form, there is a flow from the spfl2 to the LL and HL then the eosfl.... Edinburgh City, now cove, and now Kelty progressing from the eosfl to the LL... The doom and gloom some promote is frankly, far from the truth staring us all in the face via league tables and play off outcomes. 

Now that aside I do feel as the perceived strength in the HL and particularly the LL and eosfl (potentially the eosfl when it is formed) we will see automatic promotion and relegation..... Between every league.... From the spfl to the LL, HL and eos/wos (when formed).... But we are seasons away from this, longer term though it will happen, it will take time though. 

Currently the pwg isn't keen to pursue the sjfa because the sjfa are entering into negotiations with demands and making wild statements about what they will get their members..... Instead of working collaboratively like the others in the pwg want to (again only my take on proceedings though!) h

There is a new pyramid step formed for the season after next at tier 7 (Probably 2 - tier 7 and maybe 8 in time). So for me the pwg is progressing fine, though they appear determined not to bow to the sjfa demands to enter where the sjfa think they should..... What's clear is that pro sjfa supporters aren't content with this approach, probably because they have had it their own way since the sjfa's inception..... Change from normal proceedings is difficult, but I couldnt walk away from a contract offer as a player and go back at a later date when it suited me (when a club had signed someone else and gave them my spot) demanding the same deal or better.... That's not how these things work. 

Edited by Guest

In addition what have the PWG achieved so far? (Not sure how long they have been around - tbh)
We are where we are due to the actions of teams not the governing bodies.  Fully functioning Governing Bodies should lead not follow.

Pretty sure the PWG was formed pre LL, at a guess 2011 ish, everything that has happened since then has been under their influence.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

For better or worse the approach of the PWG has very much been to look for consensus solutions and "nudge" clubs using things such as Scottish Cup Entry and Licensing Criteria rather than force through any top down re-organisation against clubs wishes. 

The positive side of this has meant that clubs have been engaged in the process and broadly seem to have bought in to the changes. 

The negative side has been that organisations that were less interested in engaging - SJFA, HL - have been able to just exert a kind of inertia in areas where they have most influence. This has meant instead of an orderly transition in the East we've ended up with a bit of a last minute scuffle. However that has meant those clubs that didn't wish to move to the Pyramid haven't been forced to against their will. 

Personally I'd like to see a bit more leadership from the SFA but ultimately they're a member organisation and presumably prefer to try and deliver a consensus solution. 

7 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

For better or worse the approach of the PWG has very much been to look for consensus solutions and "nudge" clubs using things such as Scottish Cup Entry and Licensing Criteria rather than force through any top down re-organisation against clubs wishes. 

The positive side of this has meant that clubs have been engaged in the process and broadly seem to have bought in to the changes. 

The negative side has been that organisations that were less interested in engaging - SJFA, HL - have been able to just exert a kind of inertia in areas where they have most influence. This has meant instead of an orderly transition in the East we've ended up with a bit of a last minute scuffle. However that has meant those clubs that didn't wish to move to the Pyramid haven't been forced to against their will. 

Personally I'd like to see a bit more leadership from the SFA but ultimately they're a member organisation and presumably prefer to try and deliver a consensus solution. 

In my view there is a desperate need for the SFA to appoint a dynamic officer who is tasked to deliver a proper effective pyramid.  The officer will of course need to report his/her progress to the SFA PWG and highlight any difficulties and encumbrances that are faced. At the same time the officer will need to build up effective relationships with all the key parties including the SJFA, leagues and of course the clubs.

One of the problems we face at the present time is poor publicity - a key issue for the officer to address.

In my view there is a desperate need for the SFA to appoint a dynamic officer who is tasked to deliver a proper effective pyramid.  The officer will of course need to report his/her progress to the SFA PWG and highlight any difficulties and encumbrances that are faced. At the same time the officer will need to build up effective relationships with all the key parties including the SJFA, leagues and of course the clubs.
One of the problems we face at the present time is poor publicity - a key issue for the officer to address.

Only get poor publicity due to the inability of TJ to communicate with member clubs and the media. The ESJFA has crumbled and not one press release has come from Hampden. How can journos write a story without someone to give them it?

20 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

TJ may apply after the SJFA - AGM when hopefully he will have time on his hands...!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Any chance if Oakley can make an official comment soon, I need to know if i have to order some humble pie.

Surely with the amount of teams moving over that nobody expected even a month ago, you'll have to spend at least a monthly salary on humble pies already anyway?

Can’t believe the turnaround from that 1st season after the LL exodus, to this. A big well done to the EOS for their determination and patience and to the junior clubs for their vision, foresight and XXL sized cajones. Whether it was a no brainer or not, it’s still been a massive leap of faith for most. Hopefully it’s a cracker for all old and new clubs involved in next season 

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Any chance if Oakley can make an official comment soon, I need to know if i have to order some humble pie.

Some takeaways you must have up in kelty

Looking forward to new season, hopefully the 3 conferences will be pretty even and a fair distribution of teams. If league go with seeds then top 3 in my opinon will be Bonnyrigg LTHV and Lithgae. Then like previous messages take the 12 current EOSL teams and divide them up based on league positions and then similar with the junior teams but no point speculating all will be revealed soon!!!! Cup comps should be fascinating. A lot of LL teams going to get shock of there lives.

1 minute ago, roseyposey1 said:

Cup comps should be fascinating. A lot of LL teams going to get shock of there lives.

That’s the whole point of this, it’ll take a while, but no more bullshit, every club in their rightful place. In a few years the LL might not be recognisable from what it is now 

On 15/05/2018 at 22:48, Burnie_man said:

Not sure you'll get much more than 32

26 currently, 27 if Craigroyston are a late application.  5 left which might be Bo'ness, Dundonald? Linlithgow? Dunbar? then I think you're getting into the harder core clubs in the Lothians and Fife who have no interested in moving for next season.  If you do get a few more to say 34, two leagues  of 17 and have the Qualifying Cup as straight knock out as opposed to groups.

Imagine how mystic @Burnie_man is feeling right now. Pie galore for him (Think he’ll take the 39 rather than being right though)

9 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

That’s the whole point of this, it’ll take a while, but no more bullshit, every club in their rightful place. In a few years the LL might not be recognisable from what it is now 

How are people at Eyemouth looking at this now? It must be quite overwhelming to see this as a current EOS club?