New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I saw some tweets on that theme earlier implying the clubs might have to amend their names, even something about losing their old titles :lol:.

There would be absolutely no requirement to do that - although you could well get a club wanting to do it of their own volition in order to avoid confusion or emphasise going senior.

Burntisland Shipyard Amateur FC kept that name until this season. It doesn't seem to have bothered Boca Juniors, Argentinos Juniors, Juventus and so forth; or day I say it Young Boys Bern. I doubt many railwaymen feature for Inverurie Loco Works, or schoolboys for Wick Academy.

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the closure of Inverurie Loco Works so anyone who worked there is going to be fairly old by now, even for getting a game in the Highland League.

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I saw some tweets on that theme earlier implying the clubs might have to amend their names, even something about losing their old titles :lol:.

There would be absolutely no requirement to do that - although you could well get a club wanting to do it of their own volition in order to avoid confusion or emphasise going senior.

Burntisland Shipyard Amateur FC kept that name until this season. It doesn't seem to have bothered Boca Juniors, Argentinos Juniors, Juventus and so forth; or day I say it Young Boys Bern. I doubt many railwaymen feature for Inverurie Loco Works, or schoolboys for Wick Academy.

I wonder how many Hamilton Academicals have played for Hamilton Academicals lately. 

As a Linlithgow Rose fan, is it safe for me to think that's it done now? Can I presume that the application will definitely be accepted?

Not wanting to do the whole shirt over the head, run to the corner flag thing only to see about 20 second later that the linesman's got his flag up.

Just now, GordonS said:

As a Linlithgow Rose fan, is it safe for me to think that's it done now? Can I presume that the application will definitely be accepted?

Not wanting to do the whole shirt over the head, run to the corner flag thing only to see about 20 second later that the linesman's got his flag up.

The EoS have already announced the intention of a 13x3 conference for 39 members. Linlithgow Rose have put in an application and are a SFA licenced club.

There's nothing to worry about now that the vote is over.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The EoS have already announced the intention of a 13x3 conference for 39 members. Linlithgow Rose have put in an application and are a SFA licenced club.

There's nothing to worry about now that the vote is over.

But technically we have to wait for a vote of the 13 EoSFL member clubs at their AGM, don't we?

Being Scottish, I'm naturally fearful. Many a slip twixt cup and lip and all that. 

9 hours ago, bendan said:

Will be fascinating to see how far these teams can go over the next few years. 

With the Lowland League maintaining one up, one down, for almost all clubs it won't be very far.

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

With the Lowland League maintaining one up, one down, for almost all clubs it won't be very far.

i agree , also until there is automatic relegation from division 2  it wont help either 

6 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

So you already know that the LL are maintaining that even though no decision on promotion/relegation has been announced yet, so we don't know if  the 1up/1down will be kept?

Very interested to see the make up of the 13 team leagues, thinking it has to be fair, with a bit of flexibility towards travelling and a levelling out of teams with floodlights. Any idea when we will find this out?

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

So you already know that the LL are maintaining that even though no decision on promotion/relegation has been announced yet, so we don't know if  the 1up/1down will be kept?

I've seen someone a little less decisive say the same since the Lowland already held its agm last week. 

I still think there's time to change for 2018-19, the reason it's not been done is because we still don't know what the EoS format will be.

46 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Very interested to see the make up of the 13 team leagues, thinking it has to be fair, with a bit of flexibility towards travelling and a levelling out of teams with floodlights. Any idea when we will find this out?

After agm on Thursday 

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I've seen someone a little less decisive say the same since the Lowland already held its agm last week. 

I still think there's time to change for 2018-19, the reason it's not been done is because we still don't know what the EoS format will be.

To be fair, even if changes have been agreed, they probably can't announce anything before the SOS & EOS agree them at their AGMs.

To be fair, even if changes have been agreed, they probably can't announce anything before the SOS & EOS agree them at their AGMs.
Particularly if the proposal is not to have automatic promotion for the winners of the SoS and EoS, but to have a playoff between (licensed) winners of all 3 EoS conferences and the SoS champions for the potentially 2 spots.

That would have to be agreed between both league's and passed at their AGM's I would think.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

That's what I'm figuring. Just people like to spread scare stories.

EoS were talking about extra promotion opportunities when they were still hoping to get a handful of applicants.

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

Particularly if the proposal is not to have automatic promotion for the winners of the SoS and EoS, but to have a playoff between (licensed) winners of all 3 EoS conferences and the SoS champions for the potentially 2 spots.

That would have to be agreed between both league's and passed at their AGM's I would think.

That's my personal preference. 

With 3 Conferences each with 13 teams there will each week be 3 teams without a game.

It would be very easy for the EoSL to set up a cup competition incorporating those teams without a league game as each week they will be different teams.

Round 1:
Conference A teams v Conference C teams
13 teams progress

Round 2:
Conference B teams v winners of Round 1
13 teams progress

This would mean that teams would be able to play competitive games during the season against teams from the other Conferences.

Each weekend of the season only one team in the EoSL will be left without a game.

Final Rounds

13 teams compete at the end of the season in the final rounds.
[Conference Champions might drop out if competing in the Championship Playoffs].

Any views on benefits / disbenefits of this type of "fill-in" competition?

Edited by Pyramidic