New clubs in the East of Scotland

17 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Stage 6 in club development, after the jacuzzi for hospitality suite. (Council funded of course)

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-best-reads/2017/09/30/chase-field-pool-phoenix-arizona-diamondbacks-popular-attraction/700745001/

Kelty, Arizona. Go for it.

There are a lot of decent junior clubs joining very tricky on there own patch such as HofB/Sauchie/Mussie/Tranent etc would be interesting to know what the weaker teams in EOSL think of this and I mean no disrespect to them.

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

How are people at Eyemouth looking at this now? It must be quite overwhelming to see this as a current EOS club?

No not overwhelming at all, in fact the opposite, we’re quietly confident of a few upsets, just ask kelty 

7 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Think the current EOS clubs will be delighted to be part of a strong league set up, even if they find themselves in the lower reaches. 

And so they should (but the quicker this season is over the better)

edit to add...... and the LL league teams must be looking over their shoulders 

Edited by heedthebaa

Probably a bit early and I’m sure the clubs involved have a million things on their minds with the moves, but any early word on clubs that actually have “Junior” incorporated in their name like Camelon are likely to change. Camelon Football Club, Camelon Mariners Football Club etc? 

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Probably a bit early and I’m sure the clubs involved have a million things on their minds with the moves, but any early word on clubs that actually have “Junior” incorporated in their name like Camelon are likely to change. Camelon Football Club, Camelon Mariners Football Club etc? 

I'm sure I've seen Tranent saying something similar. What other clubs have Junior in their name?

Dunipace have officially been dunipace football club for years, kept the junior tag unofficially given where we were playing. I assume we will now be using the official name of Dunipace FC. 

Looking forward to the challenges of next season and beyond. What a massive coup for the eosfl... I would think most clubs in the eosfl will be positive about the new set up as the exposure will now be massive. 

The LL teams from about 6th down will be looking over their shoulders.....i certainly wouldn't like lithgae, Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness etc breathing down my neck for my space in the LL, and who knows there may even be a surprise package or two in there aswell.... Good luck everyone, and well done! 

Edited by Guest

Don't know Christophe, they are officially Sauchie juniors but I suppose it would be an individual club decision to keep or drop the junior part of their name.... 

I saw some tweets on that theme earlier implying the clubs might have to amend their names, even something about losing their old titles :lol:.

There would be absolutely no requirement to do that - although you could well get a club wanting to do it of their own volition in order to avoid confusion or emphasise going senior.

Burntisland Shipyard Amateur FC kept that name until this season. It doesn't seem to have bothered Boca Juniors, Argentinos Juniors, Juventus and so forth; or day I say it Young Boys Bern. I doubt many railwaymen feature for Inverurie Loco Works, or schoolboys for Wick Academy.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I saw some tweets on that theme earlier implying the clubs might have to amend their names, even something about losing their old titles :lol:.

There would be absolutely no requirement to do that - although you could well get a club wanting to do it of their own volition in order to avoid confusion or emphasise going senior.

Burntisland Shipyard Amateur FC kept that name until this season. It doesn't seem to have bothered Boca Juniors, Argentinos Juniors, Juventus and so forth; or day I say it Young Boys Bern. I doubt many railwaymen feature for Inverurie Loco Works, or schoolboys for Wick Academy.

Camelon are keeping the name camelon juniors