Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Regardless of the outcome of the report I'm just not seeing why Sturgeon should resign when UK Govt ministers won't in the face of much more serious breaches. Every time a tory at Holyrood opens their mouth about why she should resign should just be instantly rebutted with asking them to  state that Johnson, Patel, Hancock etc, y'know, their bosses, should resign as well. For the sake of openness, consistency and fairness in our 2 parliaments of course.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Regardless of the outcome of the report I'm just not seeing why Sturgeon should resign when UK Govt ministers won't in the face of much more serious breaches. Every time a tory at Holyrood opens their mouth about why she should resign should just be instantly rebutted with asking them to  state that Johnson, Patel, Hancock etc, y'know, their bosses, should resign as well. For the sake of openness, consistency and fairness in our 2 parliaments of course.

Maybe I've missed it but when I hear Unionist politicians call for her resignation this blindingly obvious question is never asked in reply and I can't fathom why.

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

The report is expected to be published at 4pm.

The Tories have also amended the timing of their vote of no confidence. It’ll now take place tomorrow.

I mean, the fact that the VONC is already fucking scheduled should be enough to show anyone at all that the Tories don’t actually care what the report says.

I realise that most on this forum will be aware of this, but the brassneck of these c***s is absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Maybe I've missed it but when I hear Unionist politicians call for her resignation this blindingly obvious question is never asked in reply and I can't fathom why.

Someone nailed Ross for this last week and he just floundered about predictably. Quite simply, what set of standards are you using when you demand this resignation

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The John Major of family values while banging Edwina Currie, that John Major? A true Tory!

Aye, but I cannae see him having any interest in another man's chips.

Peas; now that's another matter.

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Because it's whataboutery that leaves nationalist politicians in the position of defending themselves on the basis  that it is OK 'because the Tories do it'

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Because it's whataboutery that leaves nationalist politicians in the position of defending themselves on the basis  that it is OK 'because the Tories do it'

It's not whataboutery. SNP politicians saying "Oh but the Tories do it!" is whataboutery. No arguments.

Asking for Unionist politicians to explain their own hypocrisy on the matter is not. 

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's not whataboutery. SNP politicians saying "Oh but the Tories do it!" is whataboutery. No arguments.

Asking for Unionist politicians to explain their own hypocrisy on the matter is not. 

Fair point, it's deflection then

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Correct. They are the ones specifying that breach of the ministerial code is a resignation issue. That's a subjective opinion, there's no list of resignation issues, so therefore they need to be asked why it is in some cases but not others, and how much credibility can be placed in the fact that STURGEON MUST RESIGN!!!! 

Jim Murphy is a smug, condescending w**k. One of those you got that feeling from instantly when talking to him.

Kenny MacAskill was a bit of a sap. Asked him a question once and he just hummed and hawed some non committal before getting one of his team to move me along before I could ask him again.

21 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

100% this.