Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Hoping she comes out at the 11am press conference and calls out JK Rowling for the kunt that she is................

I suggested a Ray Patterson or Jordan Belfort resignation, but I am now in full support of your Father Ted-style "Where are you now" idea.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Wee Nicola has been the outstanding politician on the UK stage in recent times, imo - be careful what you wish for.

Absolutely this. All these Union Jack waving morons celebrating the news are just shown up for the halfwits they are. Independence is inevitable in the medium term, whoever is leader of the SNP. The alternative in the rancid cesspit of the U.K. is not an option for my children and grandchildren 

Edited by CambieBud

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I wonder if senior figures in the SNP were worried about a similar situation to the early days of Keir Starmer should Sturgeon run this down closer to the election. If you poll the public on favourability ratings of the likes of Angus Robertson, Kate Forbes, John Swinney and Humza Yousaf (the top 4 in the betting markets), a surprisingly high number of respondents won’t even know who any of those people are. 

Starmer suffered from this massively throughout the pandemic and only after a couple of years in office became more recognisable and popular.

The SNP has benefitted massively from two strong and popular leaders in the past fifteen years (Salmond was popular at the time but his popularity of course fell latterly after leaving office), but they’ve pretty much been a two piece band from 2007-2014 and a one piece band since.

It will be very interesting to see what the leadership candidates propose to do about both independence and the GRA reforms. 

And the Greens !!

Oh and SG incompetence.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Give it Mhairi til t'end of t'union.

Could you imagine the reaction from gammon quarters? Not only would it be another woman, she's also working class and gay.

Mhairi is the great hope for me - another outstanding politician, and a decent human being - also female - dafties will hate her. 

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Little bit surprised she announced it this early, but gives the next leader plenty of time in run up to next Scottish Parliament election. Pretty much put a yellow rosette on a donkey and SNP will be in power by then still anyway, unless a pro-indy heavyweight can emerge, which isn't happening.

Surely there will be an election. 🤔 Thats what she called for when the muppet in London resigned recently. 🙄

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Mhairi is the great hope for me - another outstanding politician, and a decent human being - also female - dafties will hate her. 

She would completely confuse some of the fat gammon tories in Holyrood, as well as taking Joanna Cherry to task so I am all in on this too.

Just now, mcjameos said:

Surely there will be an election. 🤔 Thats what she called for when the muppet in London resigned recently. 🙄

I think that was on the basis that we were on to a third PM in the space of 3 months, as opposed to a leader leaving after 8 years.

Cant believe I had to waste time typing that for you......