The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just tried to renew my season ticket - deliberately held off as we want to change seats - and got a message saying there were no more online sales and you need to go to the ticket office.

Its not a problem for me as i live only 5 minutes from the ground, but it might not be so easy for some. No idea what the rationale is for this, as it seems to be making it awkward for people to buy or renew. 

Its probably kibbles fault.

38 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just tried to renew my season ticket - deliberately held off as we want to change seats - and got a message saying there were no more online sales and you need to go to the ticket office.

Its not a problem for me as i live only 5 minutes from the ground, but it might not be so easy for some. No idea what the rationale is for this, as it seems to be making it awkward for people to buy or renew. 

I think I read that they are taking it down until Wednesday or Thursday to process and clear their feet of the existing orders and will go back up later in week on the general sale?

The early bird general sale I believe will last a couple of weeks and then go to full price.

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think I read that they are taking it down until Wednesday or Thursday to process and clear their feet of the existing orders and will go back up later in week on the general sale?

The early bird general sale I believe will last a couple of weeks and then go to full price.

Ah, that explains it.

I'm sure if Mr St Mirren had been in charge the website would have been clearer.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I phoned the TO at lunchtime today, they are closed tomorrow to send out emails and print the ST cards. Will reopen at 10am Wednesday. 

17 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ah, that explains it.

I'm sure if Mr St Mirren had been in charge the website would have been clearer.

If he was in charge then he'd look after everyone's season tickets and folk would only get in the ground if he was in a good mood on a Saturday morning.

Terrific to see Season Ticket sales showing a healthy increase. To be at close to 3000 at this stage is tremendous and a testament to how enjoyable it was to go to games in Paisley last season.

Hopefully there will be some signing news soon to get the juices really going. Barely seen anything in the press the last few weeks other than the stuff about Bowie/Street and Bedeau.

Club is fairly tight now, not too much leaking, which although boring, has to be viewed as being a good thing I suppose!

Wonder if Marley Watkins might be on our radar?

2 hours ago, Div said:

Terrific to see Season Ticket sales showing a healthy increase. To be at close to 3000 at this stage is tremendous and a testament to how enjoyable it was to go to games in Paisley last season.

Hopefully there will be some signing news soon to get the juices really going. Barely seen anything in the press the last few weeks other than the stuff about Bowie/Street and Bedeau.

Club is fairly tight now, not too much leaking, which although boring, has to be viewed as being a good thing I suppose!

Wonder if Marley Watkins might be on our radar?

The rumours in January were he’d be back down to England as his wife/new baby are down here. Suspect that will be the case.

4 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

The rumours in January were he’d be back down to England as his wife/new baby are down here. Suspect that will be the case.

Think he'd still do a job? Approaching 33 and we don't really play with wingers.

I thought Watkins was a striker. Oh well, get that idea in the bin then.

On the subject of wingers I do still hope that Jay sticks around, but it's very hard to see that happening.

23 minutes ago, Div said:

On the subject of wingers I do still hope that Jay sticks around, but it's very hard to see that happening.

It is difficult to see Jay get into our side. We simply don't play a system that suits. It may be best he moves on for his own sake. 

Once transfers start happening we could still see others move on. Baccus and O'Hara for example. 

31 minutes ago, AW saint said:

It is difficult to see Jay get into our side. We simply don't play a system that suits. It may be best he moves on for his own sake. 

Once transfers start happening we could still see others move on. Baccus and O'Hara for example. 

If Jay doesn't stay I still wouldn't be surprised if we sign a winger or two - one of the limited criticisms of last season was the lack of a plan B as we pretty rigidly stuck to a 3-5-2, which seemed to work best against the better sides but maybe less well when trying to break down teams that sit in. I think Robinson will address this and try to give us better width and pace up front so we can mix things up.

Henderson needs to play, so for his own sake it would be better for him to move on.

It's a shame because I think he's a really good player, and we haven't seen a huge number of academy graduates hold down places in the first team of late.

I wonder how suited he would be to playing as another striker, a bit deeper than the front man. Kiltie played that role once or twice last season.

10 hours ago, Div said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Kennedy though. Can cover a few positions, including right wing back, and would offer us a bit of flexibility. It probably depends on who else is in for him and how his injuries have been.

55 minutes ago, GAD said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Kennedy though. Can cover a few positions, including right wing back, and would offer us a bit of flexibility. It probably depends on who else is in for him and how his injuries have been.

What positions can he cover? Thought he was like a right mid and with the 352 or 532 would he be able to do the defensive side that's needed? Can he play as a winger ins a 433? No dig, I just don't know much about the guy. 

Injury side can we deal with it? Seemed to work well with Dunne (not Brophy though as I think you need Jesus to heal that man). 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Kennedy is a funny player, seems to get a lot of stick but has turned in a few good performances against us. Scored a screamer against us last season.

39 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Kennedy is a funny player, seems to get a lot of stick but has turned in a few good performances against us. Scored a screamer against us last season.

It's funny how we all see players slightly differently and I wouldn't be rock solid against signing him........I've always thought he looks like he "should" be a decent player but generally seemed to get substituted without actually having a direct result on the game. Other than his screamer last year I can't ever remember a game thinking Kennedy was the standout player either for St Johnstone or Aberdeen against us.

If he rocks up I hope he's the player he looks like he "should" be and that I've been mistaken in my previous thought on him.

37 minutes ago, weebud said:

It's funny how we all see players slightly differently and I wouldn't be rock solid against signing him........I've always thought he looks like he "should" be a decent player but generally seemed to get substituted without actually having a direct result on the game. Other than his screamer last year I can't ever remember a game thinking Kennedy was the standout player either for St Johnstone or Aberdeen against us.

If he rocks up I hope he's the player he looks like he "should" be and that I've been mistaken in my previous thought on him.

^^^^ this in spades.

He has his moments and is no doubt an ok pro, but I would think there will be better options out there - we need players who bag goals - even if they are wingers or midfielders