"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Are ICT really that much bigger a club than queen of the south? Support is slightly bigger although queen's have been on a downer for a number of years now. Both to me size wise are really mid to bottom championship sized clubs. Part of the problem for ICT has been trying to be more than that unfortunately.

Obsessed by size. Who do you support?

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

When it comes to an unearned sense of entitlement, its not even close.

Somebody might notice your club one day

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

The worst thing about playing in the seaside league is fans of clubs of the stature of "Queen of the South" and "Arbroath" trying to desperately manufacture rivalries with you. Just awful. Sending my condolences.

We’ve even had “Kelty Hearts” and “Annan Athletic” try it, although to be fair they are just as relevant as Queen of the South and Arbroath.

42 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Greenock morton fan coming in the inverness thread to talk about queen of the south and arbroath

This thread is equally about Queen of the South and Arbroath thanks to leeches like yourself pal

10 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

This thread is equally about Queen of the South and Arbroath thanks to leeches like yourself pal

Think you will find the leeches have just left or are still in the ICT board room.

32 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The main creditors of the football club are also the directors of the battery storage company (all ex-ICT directors and self-proclaimed fans of the club). If the battery storage appeal gets approved in November, that site will be worth a few million. Can't see them requiring their loans to be repaid by the football club if they can cover their losses through the battery site.

If the crowdfunder allows us to get through to the end of November, assuming the planning appeal decision is made then, then that is the only way we potentially avoid admin.

Most other creditors are Puma and local firms, but Mr. Savage seems to have been focusing on paying them off with his donations and trying to restructure payment terms for what the club owe.

There's a fair chance the decision on the battery farm appeal will be a no. For the club to continue as a going concern through administration, and avoid liquidation, money will have to be found to pay the administrators first, then the players, management and other running costs to keep the club fulfilling its fixtures. Ex directors seem to have hived off all the assets the club used to have, other than the name and the stadium, so without benefactors stepping in crowdfunding might the only way in the short term.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Are ICT really that much bigger a club than queen of the south? Support is slightly bigger although queen's have been on a downer for a number of years now. Both to me size wise are really mid to bottom championship sized clubs. Part of the problem for ICT has been trying to be more than that unfortunately.

^^^ 100% so obviously this.

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

The worst thing about playing in the seaside league is fans of clubs of the stature of "Queen of the South" and "Arbroath" trying to desperately manufacture rivalries with you. Just awful. Sending my condolences.

Who's trying to manufacture a rivalry with ICT?  Not me.

Is commenting on one of the clubs in my team's league, and one which is about to spectacularly crash and burn really surprising?

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Obsessed by size. Who do you support?

I'm not obsessed the statement was that ict are bigger than every other side in league one put together I just questioned if they were really that much bigger than queen of the south considering their crowds are only a few hundred above them. Wasn't that long ago that queen's were an established championship side getting into the playoffs for promotion a few times.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Tbf all rangers fans should be giving cash as a thanks for us stopping another celtic treble in 2015 while they were in the seasides. Probably many of them took greater satisfaction in that day than even our own fans before heading to their social media accounts to gloat

21 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Nice of Arbroath's club captain to donate the night before we play them. A good The Caley man.

Screenshot-2024-10-04-192248.png

He should tell his pesky fanbase to show the same respect. Actually, a guard of honour tomorrow would be nice.