"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

This is obviously terrible news and I feel for people who will lose their jobs and local businesses who won't get money they are owed. 

On the flip side this lessens the chance of Gardiner getting his money back so every cloud and all that. 

1 minute ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Alan “All the debt is written off and we won’t be going into admin” Savage? 

He said a deal had been agreed for that to take place, not that it had been done, but I understand that you’re trying to copy ExiledLichtie and be edgy but you really just look like a bit of a simpleton.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

IIRC GRM were appointed by Savage when he started his deep dive into things a few weeks back. I think he had some history with them. 

Yup, same firm. Hopefully Savage knows what's going on with Johnny Foxes now getting in on the act, it's all getting a bit 3D chess for my limited brain. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

He said a deal had been agreed for that to take place, not that it had been done, but I understand that you’re trying to copy ExiledLichtie and be edgy but you really just look like a bit of a simpleton.

Think the simpletons were on the ICT board. Hence the huge year on year debts.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, same firm. Hopefully Savage knows what's going on with Johnny Foxes now getting in on the act, it's all getting a bit 3D chess for my limited brain. 

You’ll offend the Arbroath/QOTS/Falkirk/Morton brigade with this. They’re desperate for him to be another Scot Gardiner. 

I don’t understand the glee being exhibited by fans of other clubs. Almost every full time club in the Championship or League 1 is in danger of following ICT into administration. QP are being bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor - what happens when he dies or gets bored with them. Partick are outspending their income by some distance. Ayr are bankrolled by their Chair. Falkirk were recently mortgaging their future by selling 10 year season tickets. Dunfermline are struggling after the withdrawal of their German backers. Raith are projecting a big loss for this season. The list goes on. At some point, clubs need to realise that you cannot gamble the existence of clubs on the chance of promotion to the Premiership. 
And the biggest lesson to learn from this fiasco is that a board should never give total control to a ceo. Directors must exercise close control over spending to ensure that ICT is not the first of many clubs to go under.

8 minutes ago, michaelspinos said:

I don’t understand the glee being exhibited by fans of other clubs. Almost every full time club in the Championship or League 1 is in danger of following ICT into administration. QP are being bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor - what happens when he dies or gets bored with them. Partick are outspending their income by some distance. Ayr are bankrolled by their Chair. Falkirk were recently mortgaging their future by selling 10 year season tickets. Dunfermline are struggling after the withdrawal of their German backers. Raith are projecting a big loss for this season. The list goes on. At some point, clubs need to realise that you cannot gamble the existence of clubs on the chance of promotion to the Premiership. 
And the biggest lesson to learn from this fiasco is that a board should never give total control to a ceo. Directors must exercise close control over spending to ensure that ICT is not the first of many clubs to go under.

So what you're saying is that clubs should spend within their means?

7 minutes ago, michaelspinos said:

You're right of course, we should stop, it's very serious and we shouldn't laugh at others misfortune.

21 minutes ago, michaelspinos said:

IMG_8868.jpeg

10 hours ago, michaelspinos said:

Simple. Live within your means.

I despise any club that artificially inflates its spending power by spending what they dont have, racking up debt after debt and having owners cover that debt in the form of loans.

Fans just go along with it. Demamd more is spent. Never question if they should make cuts and work within a more financially stable budget. These fans laud it over the smaller clubs, how they are so much bigger, how they can get better player, how they are FT etc. But for the most part they are barely bigger than a number of PT teams. PT teams that year on year look to balance the books. Never taking on huge risky debt to elevate themselves to a highet level.

And when the shit hits the fan, they just blame the owners and cry foul. Yet they had no complaints when things were good but were still losing money.

Then resent everyone else for calling their team out for spending money it didnt have.

You reap what you sow.

Edited by RedLichtie86
Typos

22 minutes ago, michaelspinos said:

I agree with most of this post .however ayr utd have lived within their means for the last 20 years .the new chairman is building infrastructure to generate income long after he is gone .we currently run at a profit which is set to increase this financial year .in this day and age is fantastic for a football club no matter what level you are at . Can't imagine many others run at a profit in this country.