Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yep, so does mine, especially when we watch someone on TV like Still Game. Just repeats it all and it does my fucking head in. 

I turned on Alba the other night to watch the Morton V County game, and her face when it started was just bewilderment. I could see her trying to work out what was going on before after five minutes saying "are they trying to speak French". 

I know a woman who thinks Alba is "the Russian channel"

One thing that annoys me is that we'll be sitting doing something individually, reading or whatever, then he'll suddenly start talking about something or telling me to look at something utterly random and when I don't catch on to what he is talking about/looking at he'll go in a huff and sat "Nevermind, the moment has gone" and refuse to even say what it was he was going on about. The same happens when he shouts through from another room (we are talking 2 walls and closed doors) and I don't hear what he says.  Pain in the arse.

Latest rants about Mrs R:

I needed to ring her at home to open up an important document on the computer and read out a couple of numbers to me. She literally couldn't open a document. I had to get her to pass the phone to my son to do it. He's 6 years old and he managed.

I do the cooking in our house and sometimes I will put down a kitchen knife or a measuring jug or whatever in the middle of making a meal (something I will need to use again before the cooking is done). Mrs R will then engage some sort of extreme ninja stealth mode and manage to put these things in the dishwasher without my noticing she was even in the room, and when I go to look for them, they are nowhere to be found. I've asked her a hundred times to leave stuff alone while I am making tea but the moment she sees anything that has been used and is sitting still for a microsecond, in the dishwasher it goes.

She takes clean clothes that came out of the tumble dryer wrinkled, can't be arsed ironing them and tosses them straight back into the dirty washing basket for some reason.

Married to this woman for 8 1/2 years.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Throws things out because of use by/best before dates without checking them.

Also going in the morons thread

I've been toasting bread whose use by/best before date was 28/12/2018.

11 minutes ago, nsr said:

Mrs R will then engage some sort of extreme ninja stealth mode and manage to put these things in the dishwasher without my noticing she was even in the room, and when I go to look for them, they are nowhere to be found. I've asked her a hundred times to leave stuff alone while I am making tea but the moment she sees anything that has been used and is sitting still for a microsecond, in the dishwasher it goes.

I'll marry her today.  I can have my online divorce through in half an hour.

Will 5pm be ok?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Throws things out because of use by/best before dates without checking them.

Also going in the morons thread

We could have chicken in the fridge with a use by date of today and steak with 3 days left and she'd cook the steaks first. 

Also going in the morons thread.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'll marry her today.  I can have my online divorce through in half an hour.

Will 5pm be ok?

Nae need to inflict Mrs MM on the singles market - just take Mrs nsr on to mitigate her excesses while you're at "work".

1 minute ago, nsr said:

Just leave the dishwasher alone.

You wont even notice Ive been in.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Nae need to inflict Mrs MM on the singles market - just take Mrs nsr on to mitigate her excesses while you're at "work".

But I was going to drop her off at the Indodrill on the way down.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
I've been toasting bread whose use by/best before date was 28/12/2018.

Currently boiling tatties. 30th Nov.

I don't think our spuds would last long enough to go by their best before date, not that I've ever checked

Im hearing that.
Some of the stuff I found myself arguing over with the Mrs I couldn't believe.
Her insistence to not let a minor detail pass without interruption is incredible.
Mine argued with me about the date of MY birthday......

mine doesnt check use by dates on anything when shopping so we end up with stuff like chicken, steak and pork all dated the following day. this is ome of the many reasons i try to get out for the shopping alone.

another reason i dont like taking her is because she puts shite in the trolley the other day. i actually stopped the guy in asda scanning the shopping as 'it wasnt mine' because of the cow

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

But I was going to drop her off at the Indodrill on the way down.

Of all the attempts to kill me, being buried alive in dirty cups is one of the more inventive.

BigFatTabbyWife has the matter well in hand anyway, only with pet hair  :yucky

I went to bed early on the 2nd and my Mrs came into the room, took my phone off charge, read my messages then woke me up in a huff about the shite I speak to my friends about over text. Not normal behaviour that.