Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Friday night she suddenly started panicking whilst I was in bed that her one of her pet rabbits is possibly dying and we need to go to the out of hours vets. Turns out he was fine.

£250 paid out just to find out that the rabbit had slight constipation and should be fine in a couple of hours.

Then today, I find out that she’s broken the chest of drawers, first by putting away something that’s still damp, causing mould in the bottom shelf, and then overloading one of the shelves causing it to break, so that’s another expenditure. [emoji19]
id have replaced the rabbit. my partner is a shit for over filling drawers. its not just tge chance of damage that frustrates me its not being able to look through the clothes without emptying half the drawer then puttinv everything back in.

On 11/01/2019 at 19:55, ah-dee said:

im in the same boat as you guys when it comes her spending/shopping. ive mentioned it on here before that i gave her a substantial amount over the last few months (£3.5k give or take) and £1.5k was paying off a studio account she had. just today for example i have taken in 3 deliveries for her. all unnecessary shite.

shes out for tea with her pals tonight so the boot in the pie shall be administered tomorrow morning and may be repeated.

That sounds more like an addiction than an annoyance that can be cured with a kick in the pie. Cognitive behavioural therapy if available might be worth a go, but she'd still probably need a kick in the pie to agree to it.

Reading through this lot makes me appreciate escaping from it even more.

FWIW, my pet hate was coming home to a cooked meal sitting in the microwave (which I hated) for me to heat up as she couldn't be arsed waiting for me. She only worked part time, I would add.

That sounds more like an addiction than an annoyance that can be cured with a kick in the pie. Cognitive behavioural therapy if available might be worth a go, but she'd still probably need a kick in the pie to agree to it.
i dont doubt its an addiction. things get replaced for no reason when theres absolutely nothing wrong with them. this weekend was the bedroom curtains. last week was the livingroom lamps. drives me insane.

The milk to cereal ratio fiasco has arisen again.

Went into the kitchen this morning to be confronted by a bowl, practically 80% filled with milk.

”what’s that” says I.

”my finished cereal” says she.

”there’s probably half a pint of milk in that bowl. How much cereal did you Have?” Says I.

”just a couple of spoon fulls, wasn’t really hungry to be honest. “ She says.

“And you used about half a pint of milk just to lightly coat the 10 Cheerios you had, I take it?” Says I.

She walks off in a huff.

She decides what she wants to do, after consulting the girls (so she has someone to blame if it doesn't work out), then asks me what I think. I give my opinion it's "Oh no, no, we're not doing that." Why f****** ask me then. Current impasse is regarding chairs for the living room. She has been offered 2 by her sister which I think are too big for the space available. After a week of phone calls/measuring and "what do you thinks?" we're getting them.

This is very similar to the fridge situation. She got a fridge from her sister which had half the storage capacity (but twice as much freezer capacity to be fair). If I'd got a fridge which was only half the storage capacity of the old one I'd never have heard the end of it.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

This is very similar to the fridge situation. She got a fridge from her sister which had half the storage capacity (but twice as much freezer capacity to be fair). If I'd got a fridge which was only half the storage capacity of the old one I'd never have heard the end of it.

Plenty of room to keep her in until you decide how best to dispose of her, then.

I couldn’t help myself today...

We are talking about decorating our bedroom so we are in the shop having a look, she’s done her homework so she know what she wants.

She comes through with this hideous wallpaper (for her feature wall) it’s got some sort of birds on it. So she says to me...
“What about this?”
“Your kidding?”
“Of course, I’m in the habit of picking up the most horrible wall paper in the shop”

I just couldn’t help myself “so we agree that its horrible then!”

Really looking forward to a good nights sleep in the spare room!!!

I couldn’t help myself today...

We are talking about decorating our bedroom so we are in the shop having a look, she’s done her homework so she know what she wants.

She comes through with this hideous wallpaper (for her feature wall) it’s got some sort of birds on it. So she says to me...
“What about this?”
“Your kidding?”
“Of course, I’m in the habit of picking up the most horrible wall paper in the shop”

I just couldn’t help myself “so we agree that its horrible then!”

Really looking forward to a good nights sleep in the spare room!!!

A feature wall is so 2012. Get her telt.