C**** on a Train

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Reading it I'd agree but having watched the little piece of footage I'm not convinced the girl wasn't having some kind of mental breakdown. No person in their right mind would try and open an airplane door. I hope she's given a full psychological assessment before being handed such a fine.

You might have a point, but not everyone who acts like an arsehole has mental health issues.

Some are just arseholes.

You might have a point, but not everyone who acts like an arsehole has mental health issues.
Some are just arseholes.
Absolutely. But I got the feeling from the video that she was genuinely having some sort of breakdown. When I read the story I thought spoilt little Essex girl. My point is that it's easy to jump to judgemental conclusions without knowing the full story.

She may well have just been a complete arsehole, and given the passengers cheered when she was removed I sincerely hope that's the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back she's unwell.

21 minutes ago, MacDuffman said:

WTF were the RAF jets going to do?

Shoot her?

Shoot the plane down into a million bits so it didn't cause any damage?

The RAF were scrambled because of a misinterpretation of a message from the cockpit by the ATC

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Reading it I'd agree but having watched the little piece of footage I'm not convinced the girl wasn't having some kind of mental breakdown. No person in their right mind would try and open an airplane door. I hope she's given a full psychological assessment before being handed such a fine.

She hasn't been given a fine - it was a bill from the airline.  I doubt the airline has any obligation to carry out any medical assessment in such a situation. The case hasn't gone to court yet If I understand correctly.

Guest JTS98
On 18/07/2019 at 06:16, GordonD said:

Thought there was a "c***s on a plane" forum but can't find it so this will have to do. Anyway, justice has been done in at least one case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-49017838

Is it not physically impossible to open the doors on a plane in flight? To do with the air pressure. Sure I read that before.

36 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Is it not physically impossible to open the doors on a plane in flight? To do with the air pressure. Sure I read that before.

Yes, doors open inward. But not everybody is aware of that so it would scare the shite out of the other passengers if somebody started fiddling with the handles.

There are a couple of home counties posh c***s behind me right now quaffing prosecco and slavering utter pish.
Snooty little laugh, insufferable accents, I hope they end up in Springburn by mistake.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone

On 19/07/2019 at 14:53, JTS98 said:

Surely it depends entirely on what height you are flying. 

On 19/07/2019 at 14:53, JTS98 said:

Have a go next flight you are on and let us know how you got on.