Work colleagues

I started with new company mid summer. Quickly asked what happens at Christmas and found out last year the bosses took the scrap and went on a night out where none of the site boys were invited. Scrap was at that point quickly never returned to workshop which has led to a few underhand wee scroaters doing investigations but the customers are brand new once explained to them and they just tell bosses they kept it themselves.

Scrap kitty currently sits at £650(ish) for the four Dundee boys.

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I started with new company mid summer. Quickly asked what happens at Christmas and found out last year the bosses took the scrap and went on a night out where none of the site boys were invited. 

That's the tightest most miserable thing I've heard, what a bunch of c***s.

• 1 month later...

I mostly work in the community by myself (support worker) but I like to go into the office to have feel a wee bit of esprit de corps. The management lassies in the office have saw fit to bring their dogs in. These mutts are not very well trained (I wear a lumie yellow cycling jacket which triggers a fuckton of barking from a spaniel called "bubble") but their owners are the classic modern dog owners who reckon that a'body else should bear the brunt of their dog's behaviour.

Frankly if you have a full time job you shouldn't have a dog. Or if you do and simply have to bring it in to work, then train it so that it doesn't bark at folk. Absolute madness. There have been as many as 4 dogs in the office. Wild.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Sounds fucking brilliant tbh. Chuck the humans, keep the dugs.

Mon the dugs.

Och honestly I enjoy dogs, but not untrained barking dogs in a fucking office. Being leapt upon by a hyper dug when I've just popped in to write up some notes. Rubbish.

One of them is a french bulldog. One is a lab which is great fun, but isn't trained enough not to bark whenever someone comes into the office. 

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Och honestly I enjoy dogs, but not untrained barking dogs in a fucking office. Being leapt upon by a hyper dug when I've just popped in to write up some notes. Rubbish.

One of them is a french bulldog. One is a lab which is great fun, but isn't trained enough not to bark whenever someone comes into the office. 

Shug would be a great office dog, he doesn't bark but makes everyone feel loved and want to be their pal.

We were at a nice restaurant just before Christmas and this posh old woman came in with her scrawny mutt, then her husband arrived with a second one. I'm not a fan of dogs in restaurants.

Edited by Madame RH33

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I mostly work in the community by myself (support worker) but I like to go into the office to have feel a wee bit of esprit de corps. The management lassies in the office have saw fit to bring their dogs in. These mutts are not very well trained (I wear a lumie yellow cycling jacket which triggers a fuckton of barking from a spaniel called "bubble") but their owners are the classic modern dog owners who reckon that a'body else should bear the brunt of their dog's behaviour.

Frankly if you have a full time job you shouldn't have a dog. Or if you do and simply have to bring it in to work, then train it so that it doesn't bark at folk. Absolute madness. There have been as many as 4 dogs in the office. Wild.

Bringing dugs to work? I've never heard the like. Take a rabbit and fire it in to the room and leave the door open.

In my old work we had 3 office dogs. They were very quiet, nice to have around. 

The new director of HR came for a visit. The next day she sent out a directive to the whole organisation on rules and procedures, and this banned the dogs. 

The dog owners decided just to ignore it. Everyone in our office agreed. The dogs and their predecessors had been there for 20 years.  As far as I know, the director has long gone and the dogs are still there. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In my old work we had 3 office dogs. They were very quiet, nice to have around. 

The new director of HR came for a visit. The next day she sent out a directive to the whole organisation on rules and procedures, and this banned the dogs. 

The dog owners decided just to ignore it. Everyone in our office agreed. The dogs and their predecessors had been there for 20 years.  As far as I know, the director has long gone and the dogs are still there. 

I didn't think dogs lived that long.

A Security Guard, Police  Officer or a Farmer might have reason to have a dog at work. Blind people could have a concession but the rest can forget it. It's bad enough on Teams with clowns showing you their stupid fucking pets, without bringing in to a workplace. They should be made to tie them to a fence outside.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A Security Guard, Police  Officer or a Farmer might have reason to have a dog at work. Blind people could have a concession but the rest can forget it. It's bad enough on Teams with clowns showing you their stupid fucking pets, without bringing in to a workplace. They should be made to tie them to a fence outside.

Keith Lard | Discography & Songs | Discogs

7 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm not even allowed to take balloons past the reception in my work as there is someone with a latex allergy, How'd ye get away with dugs?

I love animals but more than a once off I can see dugs being a pain in the hole.