c***s on the road

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

No it doesn’t. Not everyone who drives a work van is a c**t.

Oooh, now there's a contentious statement not backed by the evidence. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Yeah the driver was a c**t - it’s just a brass neck. If you’re in the wrong lane you keep going til you can get out you don’t just disrupt whoever is behind you to get your own way.  There would have been at least 100 cars impacted by it. I was the one who let him in, not because he deserved it of course..

They should surely have erected the Asda elsewhere. Somewhere nearer the QMU. It would be a nightmare living in the new houses there.

As far as I remember the ASDA has been there for 40 years. My mate told me you could get cheap Star Wars figures there so that dates it. 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

As far as I remember the ASDA has been there for 40 years. My mate told me you could get cheap Star Wars figures there so that dates it. 

I would never have thought it was as old as that. I try and avoid it during peak traffic times anyway for reasons stated. 

6 hours ago, throbber said:

Anyone familiar with the roundabout at the Asda jewell in Edinburgh will know that if you take the exit and are heading towards town/leith(which most people will want to do) you need to be in the right lane coming off the roundabout to go straight at the junction about 1/4 mile past the roundabout. Anyone in the left lane has to go left only towards Duddingston.

So this moron this morning during heavy traffic is less than 10 meters past the roundabout in the left lane which is entirely empty up to the junction and he wants in the right lane which is entirely full due to traffic lights and decides that he’ll just stop and hold up all traffic behind him and indicate to get in the right lane. This meant everyone who wanted to go left was stuck behind him on the roundabout which was now blocked entirely because this man was in the wrong lane and couldn’t drive a few hundred meters and try his luck closer to the junction and allow the traffic to still flow. I’ve never seen such selfish behaviour in all my life. Some amount of abuse he got from people driving past him. 

Greenied for sympathy with the awfulness of the road setup there, but have to add -

Surely if one of the "people driving past him" had let him in earlier, there wouldn't have been as big an issue?

PS - I drive a work van, and I'm not a c**t, thank you.

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Greenied for sympathy with the awfulness of the road setup there, but have to add -

Surely if one of the "people driving past him" had let him in earlier, there wouldn't have been as big an issue?

PS - I drive a work van, and I'm not a c**t, thank you.

No - look at it on google maps he either came from the a1 east or from the Asda at the jewel and was in the left lane which is left only then 1/4 mile up road and he wanted to switch lanes. He decided to do this the second he exited the roundabout and stopped and indicated right but there was stopped traffic on the right hand lane as there are traffic lights at the junction 1/4 mile up the road.  I came round the roundabout in the correct outside lane and was the first car that would have possibly let him in but I took a good 20 seconds whilst the lights changed colour. The left lane had no traffic in it for the 1/4 mile so he was causing a traffic jam just so he could switch lanes at his earliest opportunity. Anyone normal would have continued driving in the left lane looking for their opportunity to switch lanes which would have been fairly easy to do once the lights had turned green. 

The people who were being incredibly angry at him were stuck on the left lane at the roundabout and had no chance to have let him out earlier.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

No - look at it on google maps he either came from the a1 east or from the Asda at the jewel and was in the left lane which is left only then 1/4 mile up road and he wanted to switch lanes. He decided to do this the second he exited the roundabout and stopped and indicated right but there was stopped traffic on the right hand lane as there are traffic lights at the junction 1/4 mile up the road.  I came round the roundabout in the correct outside lane and was the first car that would have possibly let him in but I took a good 20 seconds whilst the lights changed colour. The left lane had no traffic in it for the 1/4 mile so he was causing a traffic jam just so he could switch lanes at his earliest opportunity. Anyone normal would have continued driving in the left lane looking for their opportunity to switch lanes which would have been fairly easy to do once the lights had turned green. 

The people who were being incredibly angry at him were stuck on the left lane at the roundabout and had no chance to have let him out earlier.

I totally know what you're on about re left/right lane.

Also infuriating re the lights is the sequencing of the right turn towards Joppa. I've seen myself stuck there numerous times in the right hand lane in the queue of 'straight aheaders' while the turn right filter comes on, then goes back off again before I get a chance to move up.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I totally know what you're on about re left/right lane.

Also infuriating re the lights is the sequencing of the right turn towards Joppa. I've seen myself stuck there numerous times in the right hand lane in the queue of 'straight aheaders' while the turn right filter comes on, then goes back off again before I get a chance to move up.

I’ve never fallen victim to that one. It’s those traffic lights that cause the hassle at the Asda at jewel rather than any major influx of people into the Asda. When I first got stuck in it I thought it was because the Asda was extra busy. 

I honestly thought it was only Dundee folk that referred to Asda as the Asda.

We can now happily come together as a nation and ditch our Lorne etc divisiveness 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We can now happily come together as a nation and ditch our Lorne etc divisiveness 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Asda was originally Associated Dairies.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

taking that as a pattern what is an abbreviation for Cumbernauld New Town? 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

This kind of trivia, which is normally found on shit like 'The Chase', is not going to help your students obtain pass marks on degree courses.

Is it ?

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2024 at 16:44, welshbairn said:

Road rage man calms down when he finds out he's going to jail. Before and after:

SEC_202912876-2522.jpg?quality=90&strip=

https://metro.co.uk/2024/05/07/road-rage-driver-filmed-screaming-motorist-faces-jail-time-20786695/

A bizarre situation, I don't know who's right or wrong up until the rage incident but surely this isn't worth police court and potentially more public cost through jail just cos he got a bit raging? Jails would be overflowing after one Saturday afternoon.

13 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

With a 7 week old baby, I now fully understand why people have "baby on board" signs. Feel like I'm definitely more aware of tailgaters, general arsehole drivers etc. 

Although, it would be more apt if the sign said "there's a baby on board you utter, fucking c**t". 

Surely the message is "you might be willing to kill yourself, I don't care, you might be willing to kill me and that's a problem, please is the thought of killing a child enough to stop you?" 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We have a big Asda and wee Asda, they must be referred too as this to avoid any potential confusion even if it makes no difference to the conversation.  

Edited by parsforlife

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

taking that as a pattern what is an abbreviation for Cumbernauld New Town? 

By the pattern, Cuneto...which seems an excellent user name.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

By the pattern, Cuneto...which seems an excellent user name.

Just one Cuneto?

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Yet that's not how it got it's name -

As the Asquiths' venture went from strength to strength, Peter contacted Noel Stockdale at Associated Dairies, with a view to striking up a business partnership. On 3 May 1965, the deal was sealed and a name was chosen ASquith + DAiries = the birth of the Asda we know and love!

38 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

People who slow down to a complete halt for speedbumps. 

IDK, it takes a couple of seconds for the nose of the Lambo to lift in speed bump mode…er, nevermind.