c***s on the road

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Right hand lane to go right unless there’s markings suggesting otherwise. There shouldn’t be any problem with moving over to the left lane as you exit, because there shouldn’t be anyone on your left by that point if everyone’s following the rules, but you always need to check for c***s on the road.

I encounter this roundabout nearly every day, approaching on the A914 and heading north. Because I'm in the inside lane going round the roundabout, every c**t waiting to enter from the A92 and B995 take this as an invitation to join alongside me, forcing me to join the A92 in the right hand lane. 

Being in a van, this usually also means all the impatient c**ts in the left lane proceed to undertake me while I'm trying to move back back over. People's brains really do turn to mush at the sight of a roundabout.

image.thumb.png.3760193ca2c6cf9fe3979e0f2cdba6d7.png

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The ‘red car’ image here, is the ‘kunt’ image, because this is where the kunts who cannot be arsed waiting behind a couple of ‘blue cars’ try to bomb past and cut across to go straight through the roundabout. The ‘straight through’ at this roundabout is single lane. Every, fcuking, day. Kuntos.

Aye, it's annoying. One solution is to block them off by occupying that lane. At that roundabout it would mean you either do a full loop before you find your exit, you take the wrong exit or you copy their behaviour. 

It's very effective at traffic lights at stopping similar behaviour, the downside being that you rely on someone to let you in. It just comes down to how much it annoys you or what your mood is like on the day. I tend to just let it go mostly, but have it in my back pocket if I'm in a bad mood anyway.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I encounter this roundabout nearly every day, approaching on the A914 and heading north. Because I'm in the inside lane going round the roundabout, every c**t waiting to enter from the A92 and B995 take this as an invitation to join alongside me, forcing me to join the A92 in the right hand lane. 

Being in a van, this usually also means all the impatient c**ts in the left lane proceed to undertake me while I'm trying to move back back over. People's brains really do turn to mush at the sight of a roundabout.

image.thumb.png.3760193ca2c6cf9fe3979e0f2cdba6d7.png

Aye I see this quite a lot. I don’t know how anyone thinks it’s the right thing to do.

Folk are fucking idiots.

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Aye, it's annoying. One solution is to block them off by occupying that lane. At that roundabout it would mean you either do a full loop before you find your exit, you take the wrong exit or you copy their behaviour. 

It's very effective at traffic lights at stopping similar behaviour, the downside being that you rely on someone to let you in. It just comes down to how much it annoys you or what your mood is like on the day. I tend to just let it go mostly, but have it in my back pocket if I'm in a bad mood anyway.

It’s more than annoying when it’s a roundabout you take on a daily basis, and the ‘South’ approach to it is two lanes at the roundabout itself, but only one lane straight through on the most-used ‘North’ exit. I have been involved in multiple near crashes as a ‘right lane bomber straight through’ has done their bombing from behind me while I am taking the North exit from the correct lane and they nearly slam into me when ‘two into one does not go’. They weren’t at the roundabout beside me and we both pulled away together or anything, they are out of sight behind you, and appear like a flash from your blind spot. Sometimes you just know that folk are genuinely lost or unsure of where to be, but you also just know when it’s kunts knowingly being kunts. For what? To avoid being behind a couple of cars for under ten seconds?

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s more than annoying when it’s a roundabout you take on a daily basis, and the ‘South’ approach to it is two lanes at the roundabout itself, but only one lane straight through on the most-used ‘North’ exit. I have been involved in multiple near crashes as a ‘right lane bomber straight through’ has done their bombing from behind me while I am taking the North exit from the correct lane and they nearly slam into me when ‘two into one does not go’. They weren’t at the roundabout beside me and we both pulled away together or anything, they are out of sight behind you, and appear like a flash from your blind spot. Sometimes you just know that folk are genuinely lost or unsure of where to be, but you also just know when it’s kunts knowingly being kunts. For what? To avoid being behind a couple of cars for under ten seconds?

I understand, Why not use the bomber lane, do a full loop of the roundabout, exit the 'North' exit and crack on. That's what I'd do. I know you shouldn't have to, but it's just a practical way of keeping the blood pressure down and avoiding a smash.

Edited by 2426255

14 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I understand, Why not use the bomber lane, do a full loop of the roundabout, exit the 'North' exit and crack on. That's what I'd do. I know you shouldn't have to, but it's just a practical way of keeping the blood pressure down and avoiding a smash.

I’m as careful as I can be on this particular roundabout, keeping my eyes peeled for those in the right hand lane… they may not be actually turning right. Rather than occupy the right lane and go all the way around, why don’t I simply turn left into Tesco and buy beer and a big 12 pack of crisps? Safe. Secure. Sorted. 😎

On 24/04/2024 at 15:11, microdave said:

I had a van tailgating me yesterday for around 1/4 of a mile before I reached home. I was delighted to drop 5mph to irritate the c**t and when I noticed oncoming traffic where I turn right, I stopped where it wasn't possible for him to go round me on the left. Pleasing.

If you have some kunt tailgating you, quickly flick your fog lights on and off a couple of times. The wee flash of red will make them instinctively think you're jabbing the brakes and they'll hopefully either jump on their own and sit back a bit, or swerve to take evasive action and career down a ditch to a painful but fully deserved end. (Option 2 being the preferred outcome).

On 24/04/2024 at 16:14, pozbaird said:

2. Drivers who don’t know how to take roundabouts, what lane to be in approaching roundabouts, what lane to be in on roundabouts, with Westfield Road in Cumbernauld being prime time roundabout arsewipe kunt area a particular annoyance to me personally.  Roundabouts with a two-lane approach, but three one-way exits? Lost count the amount of times a kunt has nearly hit me on the one at Craigmarloch Tesco.

Cumbernauld is a hotbed of roundabout wankers. The stretch of dual carriageway from Stand down towards Auchenkilns has that series of roundabouts, some with two lanes going straight through then it goes down to one. There's always one arsehole trying to  pass you on the chevrons kicking up a fucking dust cloud as they go.

9 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If you have some kunt tailgating you, quickly flick your fog lights on and off a couple of times. The wee flash of red will make them instinctively think you're jabbing the brakes and they'll hopefully either jump on their own and sit back a bit, or swerve to take evasive action and career down a ditch to a painful but fully deserved end. (Option 2 being the preferred outcome).

Cumbernauld is a hotbed of roundabout wankers. The stretch of dual carriageway from Stand down towards Auchenkilns has that series of roundabouts, some with two lanes going straight through then it goes down to one. There's always one arsehole trying to  pass you on the chevrons kicking up a fucking dust cloud as they go.

On the upside, living here, it’s generally a doddle and pleasureable to drive around, what with the amount of dual carriageways we have (the A9 North would kill for them), the almost complete lack of traffic lights, the separation of traffic & pedestrians, and our easy access to and from the M80. Cannae’ really complain. When I go back to Paisley and have to negotiate the route from the M8 cutoff to my mate’s house up towards the Barrhead direction out of Paisley? At least the SMiSA is easier to get to. Cut off at St James’ Interchange, or, cut off at Pheonix Park at Linwood and come in the back way. Usually no bother.

I digress though. Roundabout chunts. Let’s not forget them, come the glorious revolution.

I use the A985 from Fife (boo, hiss, etc, etc) to the Kincardine Bridge. At the roundabout at the start of the Kincardine bypass, I've lost count of the number of time people go in the right lane (A in the picture below), indicate right, then go straight on exiting on the left lane (B below), ignoring the fact you are in the left lane going straight ahead. People like that shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Screenshot2024-04-26113350.png.c72cbcb84db12711d800062e19657a93.png

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Used to do a bit of work there. I was across the road when a guy was shot dead at the Asda.

Was he in the wrong lane?

7 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Being in a van, this usually also means all the impatient c**ts in the left lane proceed to undertake me while I'm trying to move back back over. People's brains really do turn to mush at the sight of a roundabout an ignition key.

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Even better, if you have a car with a manual handbrake give it a wee pull. Slows you down quite a bit and there's no brake lights to warn the c**t behind.  Watch in the mirror as you do it to enjoy the view as their angry wee faces turn to shock when they realise.