A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 25/05/2020 at 19:23, paulbrucerick said:

It looks like we still have it., pic below borrowed from same fb page. Last played for in 51-52, the only post war time, won by Ayr United who defeated Queen's Park. I dont know what the score was.

My great grandfather also, apparently, played for Parkhouse! I cant find any confirmation of this though!

FB_IMG_1590366191529.jpg

Looks a bit like the old English league championship trophy!

20200527_233512.thumb.jpg.b6446d652642277b3137bb21cf22f935.jpg
David Bingham of Dunfermline against St Mirren in a coca cola cup game, old terracing in the background in its final season. 

Probably a sign of my age but I miss the old terrace. The fenced off bit in the corner was where I knew some mates from school would normally be standing. You didn’t have to bother about buying tickets in advance or making sure you had seats together just turn up and see who was there.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:56, pandarilla said:

Our medal was in the hampden museum for a wee while, where they put this label on it.

They don't make medals and trophies like they used to!

IMG-20200512-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.9fd0979223cb9e10ea3aff0a99bda937.jpeg

I love how it's displayed in a bus pass wallet.  It's only 130 odd year old after all.

Paul Wilson, Harry Hood, Kenny Dalglish and Ronnie Galvin are amongst the Celtic players pictured going out of the 1976 Cup winners cup to those European giants from East Germany, the famous Sashenring Zwikau.

download.png

IMG_20200529_220932.jpg

download (1).png

download (5).jpeg

Looking past Benedict Cumberpatch's great granda, second left, front row...have a zoom in on the guy third left, back row. The one doing the rather politically incorrect impression of a gay guy. Not only is his right arm leaning on absolutely nothing it's also transparent. And don't get me started on his eyes. My guess is that none of the others knew he was there until the photo came back from Boots.
The guy in quotation is linking arms, ala rugby scrum style.

I think 4th from the left on the back row is the player. An absolute catalogue pose, staring into middle distance. Genius.

On 27/05/2020 at 23:38, Grant228 said:

20200527_233512.thumb.jpg.b6446d652642277b3137bb21cf22f935.jpg

David Bingham of Dunfermline against St Mirren in a coca cola cup game, old terracing in the background in its final season. 

Season 97-98? Think Dave Bingham signed for Livingston in the summer of 98.

Season 97-98? Think Dave Bingham signed for Livingston in the summer of 98.
Definitely is, you can see the corner of the newly reconstructed North Stand in the picture. This was that last season of any terracing at EEP with the East and West (Now Norrie McCathie Stand) being redeveloped for the 1998-99 season.

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Paul Wilson, Harry Hood, Kenny Dalglish and Ronnie Galvin are amongst the Celtic players pictured going out of the 1976 Cup winners cup to those European giants from East Germany, the famous Sashenring Zwikau.

download.png

Legendary keeper Jürgen Croy in goals for Zwickau.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

download.png

IMG_20200529_220932.jpg

download (1).png

download (5).jpeg

The Sachsenring works in Zwickau made the Trabant so it sounds like Celtic were beaten by the Trabi works team.

Gert Frobe who played Goldfinger was born in Zwickau and yon Seen Canary used to go to the occasional Celtic game so

"Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?"

"No, Mr Bond, I expect your team to get pumped by the Trabi works team.."