A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

31 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Lurkst said:
The ref I presume. Ian Foote?

No, Bobby Robinson (Dundee). He taught at Websters in Kirriemuir for many years. Died a few years back now. Nice guy.

Right enough.  I'd assumed it was Gordon Wallace...

Football-Player-Focus-Bobby-Robinson-Dun

I confess I knew nothing about Bobby Graham. Seems to have had a decent career at Anfield before moving to Motherwell...

1969-11-graham.jpg?width=334

Hard to believe these days that there once was an uncapped Scot playing up front for Liverpool!

Edited by Lurkst

5 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So it was him. Made Pettigrew look like a very good player IIRC

My only memory of Bobby Graham is that he was responsible for my first crushing disappointment as a Dons fan. Scottish Cup  1974/75 season we’d won away at Ibrox and Tannadice and were at home to Motherwell in the quarter final. Big , expectant crowd .....with the inevitable result. Graham scored the only goal of the game just on half time and my recollection is that we never looked like scoring.

The Sachsenring works in Zwickau made the Trabant so it sounds like Celtic were beaten by the Trabi works team.
Gert Frobe who played Goldfinger was born in Zwickau and yon Seen Canary used to go to the occasional Celtic game so
"Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?"
"No, Mr Bond, I expect your team to get pumped by the Trabi works team.."
They put both Panathanaikos and Fiorentina out of the tournament before beating Celtic ...not bad for a works team

apr-1990-john-collins-of-scotland-clashe

John Collins and Hendrik Herzog indulge in a spot of crab fitba' on the Hampden turf. Scotland 0 East Germany 1, April 1990.

The East Germans would play only twice more after this. Following a 3-3 draw with Brazil in Rio, they rounded off their history with an impressive 2-0 defeat of Belgium in Brussels.

Edited by Lurkst

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

apr-1990-john-collins-of-scotland-clashe

John Collins and Hendrik Herzog indulge in a spot of crab fitba' on the Hampden turf. Scotland 0 East Germany 1, April 1990.

The East Germans would play only twice more after this. Following a 3-3 draw with Brazil in Rio, they rounded of their history with an impressive 2-0 defeat of Belgium in Brussels.

Considering he was wee, and essentially an attack-minded player, John Collins was one of the best slide-tacklers I've ever seen.

5 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Considering he was wee, and essentially an attack-minded player, John Collins was one of the best slide-tacklers I've ever seen.

Bet he knew it and told everyone too, mate of mine once said about JC..

"Probably thinks about himself when he has a w**k..." 😂

Fantastic player truth be told but, an ego to match his talents. 

On 01/06/2020 at 21:01, Stevie67 said:
On 30/05/2020 at 15:11, tamthebam said:
The Sachsenring works in Zwickau made the Trabant so it sounds like Celtic were beaten by the Trabi works team.
Gert Frobe who played Goldfinger was born in Zwickau and yon Seen Canary used to go to the occasional Celtic game so
"Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?"
"No, Mr Bond, I expect your team to get pumped by the Trabi works team.."

They put both Panathanaikos and Fiorentina out of the tournament before beating Celtic ...not bad for a works team

If you check out the YouTube clip, you’ll see that it wasn’t Celtic that they beat, it was Glasgow.

16 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Bet he knew it and told everyone too, mate of mine once said about JC..

"Probably thinks about himself when he has a w**k..." 😂

Fantastic player truth be told but, an ego to match his talents. 

As the story goes anyway he introduced himself to the players as Hibs manager by taking his shirt off to exhibit his well toned torso.