Good effort

good warm up for the P&B Summer poetry slam

The scansion in the last line needs work though 

Topcat on the Emerald Isle,

Puked twice in a huge steaming pile,

The locals said Hey,

Take that Jambo away,

To lay off the drink for a while.

Gerrard did a decent job at The AllStar 2012 Start Up - shite at Villa.

Rodgers did a decent job at ra’ Sellik - sacked by Leicester.

Big Ange, doing a decent job at ra’ Sellik - surely lined up by a ‘non big 6’ EPL outfit sometime.

The test for Postecoglu, should he get a ‘West Ham - Fulham - Palace’ style gig, is can his teams hack it against opposition that, with all due respect, aren’t St Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County & fellow diddy Co. He does seem like a likeable bloke who knows his stuff and doesn’t stand for any nonsense. To win just about everything up here, all he has to do is to turn up, not completely shit the bed, and not be John Barnes. He’s doing that. Up against the big 6, big 7 (mon’ the Sportswashed Toon)… we’ll see soon enough I’m sure, as Celtic are a nice feeder club for the EPL.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its been inspiring watching Ange defy the odds tbh.

Hard work, dedication to your craft, and over £50m and a 8 figure yearly salary to chuck at almost any player on the planet. 

Gives the ordinary man hope.

I fear the ‘net spend’ debate is about to start again 

44 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Gerrard did a decent job at The AllStar 2012 Start Up - shite at Villa.

Rodgers did a decent job at ra’ Sellik - sacked by Leicester.

Big Ange, doing a decent job at ra’ Sellik - surely lined up by a ‘non big 6’ EPL outfit sometime.

The test for Postecoglu, should he get a ‘West Ham - Fulham - Palace’ style gig, is can his teams hack it against opposition that, with all due respect, aren’t St Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County & fellow diddy Co. He does seem like a likeable bloke who knows his stuff and doesn’t stand for any nonsense. To win just about everything up here, all he has to do is to turn up, not completely shit the bed, and not be John Barnes. He’s doing that. Up against the big 6, big 7 (mon’ the Sportswashed Toon)… we’ll see soon enough I’m sure, as Celtic are a nice feeder club for the EPL.

Postecoglou is obviously a good coach. His record before he was at Celtic shows us that.

The ignorance of our media and most fans in Scotland (including a lot of Celtic's, let's not forget) is being shown up by how well he is doing and how impressive a figure he is.

He's got an easy job at Celtic, there's no doubt about that. But his previous work deserves a shot at a bigger stage, and the Celtic job will help him get that. Which is perverse, considering his work in Japan and Australia (club and national team level) are more impressive than what he's doing now.

Rodgers won the FA Cup and had three very good seasons at Leicester, having also done well at Swansea and to an extent at Liverpool too. Trying to rewrite history to put him down as a failure in England is daft.

Edited by craigkillie

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rodgers won the FA Cup and had three very good seasons at Leicester, having also done well at Swansea and to an extent at Liverpool too. Trying to rewrite history to put him down as a failure in England is daft.

He was sacked though. I know, I know, lose three games down there and you get sacked.

Edit, as postman knocked door… 😄

What I’m clumsily trying to say isn’t so much about Gerrard or Rodgers, but managing two disproportionally large fish in a tiny (skint compared to them) pond - a truer test is can they hold down a gig in the EPL. Ange might, or, like them, might end up getting pumped. A different ball game to racking up a zillion points, trebles, maybe only losing one game all season, and pretty much just don’t trip yourself up.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Wasn't that long ago you were all laughing at his appointment, a joke figure that was to be sacked by Christmas. Now he's compared to Rodgers and being wished away. Not just Celtic fans who recognise the job he is doing

You do realise with the advantage over every other team in the league pretty much anybody could be a 'successful' manager ?

Oh you don't? Oh well. Can't be helped I suppose. 

You actually think it's a worthwhile achievement? 

:lol:     

Congratulations on 'winning' next seasons foregone conclusion. Again 🤣  

7 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Wasn't that long ago you were all laughing at his appointment, a joke figure that was to be sacked by Christmas. Now he's compared to Rodgers and being wished away. Not just Celtic fans who recognise the job he is doing :lol:

I could win the league with all the advantages he has!

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

He's got an easy job at Celtic

Nonsense

Ultimately he's going to be judged by the people that matter as a success or failure on results in European competition. And what makes that tougher is that he's ultimately got a 6 game season

His first season was obviously filed under "failure" but it would be wrong to to write him off after only six games.

His problem is that he then has to wait a whole ten months to have another shot at it

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nonsense

Ultimately he's going to be judged by the people that matter as a success or failure on results in European competition. And what makes that tougher is that he's ultimately got a 6 game season

His first season was obviously filed under "failure" but it would be wrong to to write him off after only six games.

His problem is that he then has to wait a whole ten months to have another shot at shat of it

There

in one year from now:

Congratulations on the 2023/24 title Ange

Shame about Europe

The Celtic fans go on about his acumen, you put anyone here there for a year or two and they'd be able to identify 30 players to do a job in Scotland. It's a commensurate league with a national team that usually progresses beyond their WC group. Even if football it is their third most popular sport, it's a country of 125 million.

Christ sign me up to J League fantasy league I'd have half a dozen players that could do a job here for you by mid September.

Celtic are by far the biggest club in Scotland with the strongest infrastructure in Scotland, so aye, we should be winning titles. 

This thread is titled "most tin pot thing you've seen in the SPFL" and we've just had a succession of posts that show why our league is called "tin pot", that go way beyond acknowledging Celtic's status and verge on full "my nan could win the SPFL". 

Ange came in and took a club that had finished 25 points behind the Rangers in the covid cup. A squad where our best players wanted out, failed big money signings we needed to get out, with the loan signings who had propped up our numbers and our captain gone. He implemented his style of play and made no excuses for early shortcomings. He improved every player who stayed - Rogic, Ralston, Taylor and of course McGregor. Aye he spent some of the money he brought in but just about every signing he made hit the ground running. 

Now I despise Rangers and all they stand for but even I would admit they were no pushovers last season. Gio was a good manager and with a combination of a fit team, a loud support as well as luck and probably blood magic they went to a European final (where thank god they lost). This was not the teams Rodgers faced, this was a proper threat and challenge. Even this season under Gerrard's lackey they've already amassed a points total that would have won titles not so long ago.

Ange has done a great job to put them in their place and ensure the blip a couple of years ago was no more than that. Call it what you want, he's loved by us for it in a way that I've not seen since O'Neill. Tickets are hard to come by - god love those on the waiting list, club tours are sold out, Celtic tops are everywhere you look. Rodgers was great, but Ange is the perfect representative for a club like us. His background his story and aye, his values born from his immigrant upbringing fit Celtic perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Celtic are by far the biggest club in Scotland with the strongest infrastructure in Scotland, so aye, we should be winning titles. 

This thread is titled "most tin pot thing you've seen in the SPFL" and we've just had a succession of posts that show why our league is called "tin pot", that go way beyond acknowledging Celtic's status and verge on full "my nan could win the SPFL". 

Ange came in and took a club that had finished 25 points behind the Rangers in the covid cup. A squad where our best players wanted out, failed big money signings we needed to get out, with the loan signings who had propped up our numbers and our captain gone. He implemented his style of play and made no excuses for early shortcomings. He improved every player who stayed - Rogic, Ralston, Taylor and of course McGregor. Aye he spent some of the money he brought in but just about every signing he made hit the ground running. 

Now I despise Rangers and all they stand for but even I would admit they were no pushovers last season. Gio was a good manager and with a combination of a fit team, a loud support as well as luck and probably blood magic they went to a European final (where thank god they lost). This was not the teams Rodgers faced, this was a proper threat and challenge. Even this season under Gerrard's lackey they've already amassed a points total that would have won titles not so long ago.

Ange has done a great job to put them in their place and ensure the blip a couple of years ago was no more than that. Call it what you want, he's loved by us for it in a way that I've not seen since O'Neill. Tickets are hard to come by - god love those on the waiting list, club tours are sold out, Celtic tops are everywhere you look. Rodgers was great, but Ange is the perfect representative for a club like us.

His background his story and aye, his values born from his immigrant upbringing fit Celtic perfectly. 

Cherry on top.