What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

We were at Ibrox in the 4th round of the cup a few years back and they showed the entire bizarre thing live on the big screens, with the Motherwell board joining in quite enthusiastically it had to be said. Sickening.

17 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Historically many of the first home games of the year played by Rangers* must have been against Celtic.  What happens to the Loving Cup ceremony then?  Are the Celtic directors invited or excluded?  And if they are invited, do they toast the monarch?

Tbh they probably get together and have a rare old time, just with an agreement in place that no pics or record of events are made so the mouth breathers don't find out. It's really all just about maintaining the duopoly and keeping the rest of us feeding off scraps. The bigotry and hatred are all just part of their disgusting money making machine that keeps all their braindead followers lapping it up and coming back for more and parting their hard earned.

A couple of wee malts in a funny cup Peter? Don't mind if I do John, thanks.

Edited by 'WellDel

Just now, 'WellDel said:

Tbh they probably get together and have a rare old time, just with an agreement in place that no pics or record of events are made so the mouth breathers don'tfind out. It's all about maintaining the duopoly and keeping the rest of us feeding off scraps. The bigotry and hatred are all just part of their disgusting money making machine that keeps all their braindead followers lapping it up and coming back for more and parting their hard earned.

A couple of wee malts in a funny cup Peter? Don't mind if I do John, thanks.

Yeah the idea that over the years they have found people who can successfully run big businesses AND believe the utter shite they feed to the idiots that fill their coffers is for the birds. Undoubtedly laugh together at the profit they have made out of division and hate. 

44 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Historically many of the first home games of the year played by Rangers* must have been against Celtic.  What happens to the Loving Cup ceremony then?  Are the Celtic directors invited or excluded?  And if they are invited, do they toast the monarch?

27 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Tbh they probably get together and have a rare old time

1939:

image.thumb.png.4e5458dfdf83087b9abcd7930a5a70ff.png|
image.png.eff32bbbd578cbc07631f5f1c451fbe8.pngimage.png.b84346801b5e915c5148f7b3ecd1672a.pngimage.png.d05f58cef09267ad44a9665628b7c1a4.png

1958:

image.png.b8e16632e280ce2ea4cf441950dcfa40.png
image.png.aee4d86594fb52fea06fdd90de4f1514.png

1988:

image.png.2ba4fc0e2634b600af315cbe41a3821f.png

1952:

image.png.f1932c5263b7544d07b0b326bd5d062c.png

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 hours ago, gannonball said:

Kilmarnock board doing themselves absolutely no favours with the stereotypes here :lol:

I'm not overly happy about it but every team except Celtic do it. 

Celtic probably do it, just ask it not be put on the big screen.  Probably agree to it at the same time they are renewing the "Old Firm" trademark. 

I particularly liked that part of this years ceremony when the Loving Cup was passed around, everyone had a wee modest, respectable sip until it arrived with the last Kilmarnock official and he got wellied in with quite a few large gulps of whisky 😂

20 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’s a 27 year old single malt so  I’d be inclined to accept the invitation whether it involved toasting a monarch,  pope or Ayatollah

I'll take the open goal. 

That whisky is about 15 years older than the club. 

23 hours ago, Swello said:

We were at Ibrox in the 4th round of the cup a few years back and they showed the entire bizarre thing live on the big screens, with the Motherwell board joining in quite enthusiastically it had to be said. Sickening.

There was one year we did it. Milne etc didn't go and sent one of the directors who had recently had some bother with the police 🤣

40 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

I suspect her Majesty's Secretary of State for Defence, Baron Reid of Cardowan might have ended up leaning towards the latter camp.

He's not been a board member for what must be over a decade now thankfully. An absolute cretin of a man even going by Celtic board members

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

There was one year we did it. Milne etc didn't go and sent one of the directors who had recently had some bother with the police 🤣

It wasn't this one by any chance? https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12241680.football-chief-in-prostitute-scandal-quits-aberdeen-boss-sought-illicit-sex-even-after-being-confronted-over-his-activities/

4 minutes ago, greendot said:

Send in the c**t with Herpes to share the cup. I've slagged off Milne many times on here but I never will again.

12 minutes ago, greendot said:

A quaint old school sex scandal there. Quotes from the prostitute and everything.

I was aware of this  weird Loving Cup ceremony but wasn’t clear on the origins. Just read it has to do with toasting the monarchy and let out a big sigh 😔 

They can’t fucking help themselves and will for all eternity be a lost cause .