BBC bias

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The amount of coverage the BBC is giving Farage is indefensible.

If I had an account with NatWest would they interview me as well?

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If I had an account with NatWest would they interview me as well?

If you have the xenophobia super-saver account you might have a chance.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The amount of coverage the BBC is giving Farage is indefensible.

Interesting party election broadcast from Reform before MOTD there 🤨

On 10/06/2024 at 06:52, Leith Green said:

BBC R4 this morning had David Wallace Lockhart doing the "Scottish bit" on the GE.

He had nothing major to say, but managed to crowbar in "Devolved issues are dominating the campaign, with the SNP having to fend off attacks from the other main parties".

Now, we know this is true - because Labour and Tories dont actually have any GE policies with which they can rationally campaign in Scotland - and we have seen Stephen Flynn handing Westminster politicians arses to them during sensible debates on actual GE issues.

But Wallace Lockhart simply doesnt challenge the Labour and Tory lines or give any weight to the non-devolved issues which actually should be under discussion.

The BBC is a shambles when it comes to Scotland.

As with all BBC Scotland employees Lockhart is paid from the BBC in London.

Bear in mind that Licence fee monies are firstly paid into the Governments Consolidated Fund and then it is subsequently passed too the BBC as per the Appropriation Act.

Of course it would be ridiculous to suggest that the Government who control the purse strings have any influence in political editorials and it would not enter Lockharts little brain when he is composing his political presentation pieces that the Government is his paymaster.

Some of you may remember the uproar when the BBC forced Gary Linekar out of his job after he posted a tweet on his own Twitter account criticising the Governments 'Stop the Boats Policy'.

Impartiality my arse.

Who this man is voting for in the upcoming election was the headline story on the BBC News site all day yesterday. There was also this puff piece on him, filmed in his home:

My point here isn't just BBC shilling for a particular party (although they are doing that), it's something more fundamental.

They're telling us that a billionaire's opinion matters more solely on account of him being a billionaire. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Who this man is voting for in the upcoming election was the headline story on the BBC News site all day yesterday. There was also this puff piece on him, filmed in his home:

My point here isn't just BBC shilling for a particular party (although they are doing that), it's something more fundamental.

They're telling us that a billionaire's opinion matters more solely on account of him being a billionaire. 

You are forgetting that a billionaire works a thousand times harder than someone who is merely a millionaire.

Either that or the system is rigged.

4 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Look at the glee on the face of that little weasel Chris Mason when interviewing the arsehole. Can’t stand him. 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

You are forgetting that a billionaire works a thousand times harder than someone who is merely a millionaire.

"Show me a millionaire and I'll show you a million people short of a quid"- Alexei Sayle 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

He made his money from Phones4u which no longer exists after going into administration. There seems to be a lot of successful millionaires and billionaires with a trail of collapsed companies behind them. But I suppose that's what makes them successful, getting out whilst the going is good and leaving others to deal with the aftermath, rather than making their money from an ongoing successful business. 

Maybe I'm just jealous.

13 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

He made his money from Phones4u which no longer exists after going into administration. There seems to be a lot of successful millionaires and billionaires with a trail of collapsed companies behind them. But I suppose that's what makes them successful, getting out whilst the going is good and leaving others to deal with the aftermath, rather than making their money from an ongoing successful business. 

Maybe I'm just jealous.

murray.jpg.07b21b8161b0c57ca373ca474e4d2dcc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Council of State in France (their version of a supreme court) judged that "extreme right" is the correct label for the RN party. BBC's Kirsty Wark thinks she knows better and disinforms her listeners to that end:

BBC's Justin Webb had this to say about the coalition force which successfully defeated RN:

5 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

The Council of State in France (their version of a supreme court) judged that "extreme right" is the correct label for the RN party. BBC's Kirsty Wark thinks she knows better and disinforms her listeners to that end:

BBC's Justin Webb had this to say about the coalition force which successfully defeated RN:

They know their audience. I was listening to bits of a R4 phone in for disgruntled ex Tory voters at the weekend. They were mostly dottled, with sizeable minorities of opinionated blowhards with limited understanding of reality and really angry people.

I shouldn't have laughed but one guy was raging because he lost a toe during covid and the doctor blamed his wife. But he didn't have a wife. The doctor blaming his non existent wife was somehow related to Johnson going cycling during lockdown. So he'll never vote Tory again.  He didn't exactly confirm he'd gone to reform, but, you know... 

The BBC and r4 news/ current affairs in particular is increasingly divorced from reality 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The BBC and r4 news/ current affairs in particular is increasingly divorced from reality

Its irritating, because I switched from R Scotland in the mornings because the parochial nature of the Scottish version was really getting on my tits.

But R4 - and Justin Webb in particular - appear to have gone full on "if its not happening in a wee village in the Home Counties, its not important" recently.

I mean, I find their output and presentation difficult, but its probably as irrelevant to someone in a dogshit scheme in Birmingham.

On 17/06/2024 at 21:31, Boghead ranter said:

image.png.c0a93ca13db42128d468b2917a7d6d11.png

Before I go using that elsewhere, do you have a source? Are there any other non-politicians who've appeared 10 or more times in that 10 years?

Any other examples welcome. I've got some good stuff but it's all well out of date now, like between the 2010 and 2015 elections Katie Hopkins appeared as many times as all scientists and science writers combined. 

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Before I go using that elsewhere, do you have a source? Are there any other non-politicians who've appeared 10 or more times in that 10 years?

Any other examples welcome. I've got some good stuff but it's all well out of date now, like between the 2010 and 2015 elections Katie Hopkins appeared as many times as all scientists and science writers combined. 

I think this could be the source.

https://theconversation.com/bbc-question-time-analysis-of-guests-over-nine-years-suggests-an-overuse-of-rightwing-voices-232315