Netflix

Biscuits

Yea thought the last season was the worst and that episode was maybe the worst which is why it's baffling to me that they went with the exact same format in, I think, Season 4 of Veep as well. 
Still a great show all in tho.

There’s some hilarious lines from the inquiry such as Stewart’s lust for life bit and Terri being a blockage but overall it’s not great, it’s just a bit too long. The whole show is excellent, you could quote it all day. Strange that the most likeable politician is Mannion the Tory. The vast majority of them are useless and/or c***s. Glenn is about the soundest of them all and I’d like to see all of Malcolm’s threats over the years happen to Adam at once.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

There’s some hilarious lines from the inquiry such as Stewart’s lust for life bit and Terri being a blockage but overall it’s not great, it’s just a bit too long. The whole show is excellent, you could quote it all day. Strange that the most likeable politician is Mannion the Tory. The vast majority of them are useless and/or c***s. Glenn is about the soundest of them all and I’d like to see all of Malcolm’s threats over the years happen to Adam at once.

Glenn going Glental is the absolute highlight of the final series

Watched two episodes of the most deranged shit I've ever seen, Marriage or mortgage. Couples with their own money saved get shown around some houses and have weddings planned for them then have to choose which they want. Full of folk spending 30k on a wedding with a ranch dip fountain before having to cancel the whole thing for Covid

On 20/03/2021 at 21:26, Craig the Hunter said:

Anyone watched Murder Among the Mormons? Crazy story, a really good 3 part documentary. I had my jaw on the floor for large parts

Enjoyed it a lot.

I also really enjoyed Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan.  It seems quite niche, and then you fear it might be terrible, but turns out to be fascinating.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I also really enjoyed Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan.  It seems quite niche, and then you fear it might be terrible, but turns out to be fascinating.

Is it worth a watch? Like you, I've thought it surely has to be terrible but it would be my shit if it was good.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Is it worth a watch? Like you, I've thought it surely has to be terrible but it would be my shit if it was good.

It’s absolutely fascinating.  The first minute makes you think it’s going to be an awful US docu-drama, but the recreation scenes are pretty good, the narration kept to an absolute minimum, and the historians are really insightful.  I really, really enjoyed it.  Edit: it’s pretty graphic in places, for whatever that’s worth.

Edited by Savage Henry

On 20/03/2021 at 17:29, the jambo-rocker said:

F1 survive to drive is outstanding television. 

Yeah. I find it more enjoyable than the actual F1.  All the politics and sniping going on that you never find out about when watching the races.

Watched the first 2 episodes of S3.  Lawrence Stroll seems like a guy that doesn't suffer fools gladly :lol:

And I really want to dislike Christian Horner, but there is something of the Alan Partridge about him that you can't help but like.

eta: And already, again, Daniel Ricciardo is the biggest bell end in the paddock.

Edited by Knight55WoodBear

15 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

This. Tremendous stuff. The Romain Grosjean episode was emotional viewing though.

Definitely. I had no idea what had happened beforehand and the fact it was about 3 minutes in the middle of an inferno was heart-stopping stuff.

22 minutes ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

Yeah. I find it more enjoyable than the actual F1.  All the politics and sniping going on that you never find out about when watching the races.

Watched the first 2 episodes of S3.  Lawrence Stroll seems like a guy that doesn't suffer fools gladly :lol:

And I really want to dislike Christian Horner, but there is something of the Alan Partridge about him that you can't help but like.

eta: And already, again, Daniel Ricciardo is the biggest bell end in the paddock.

That's exactly it! I don't think I'd ever watch the races themselves either. That cattiness between everyone doesn't feel forced, a certain verisimilitude about it even that I don't think you can get elsewhere.

Stroll is the heel of the show IMO, or has had 3 seasons of origin story build up towards it for season 4 when they go Aston Martin and the budget cap comes into it.

Horner and Riccardo are both trollops in their own jobs respectively batting their eyelids at any prospect they see and deserve each other(which is ironic considering they used to be together).

Toto strikes me as the most ice cool boss I've ever seen. Steiner is too boy IMO, he'd be great crack over a pint.

It's hard for me to pick a favourite driver as IMO they all strike me as arseholes. Maybe Gasly for his comeback. Hopefully he tells red bull to bolt next season.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

15 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Definitely. I had no idea what had happened beforehand and the fact it was about 3 minutes in the middle of an inferno was heart-stopping stuff.

That's exactly it! I don't think I'd ever watch the races themselves either. That cattiness between everyone doesn't feel forced, a certain verisimilitude about it even that I don't think you can get elsewhere.

Stroll is the heel of the show IMO, or has had 3 seasons of origin story build up towards it for season 4 when they go Aston Martin and the budget cap comes into it.

Horner and Riccardo are both trollops in their own jobs respectively batting their eyelids at any prospect they see and deserve each other(which is ironic considering they used to be together).

Toto strikes me as the most ice cool boss I've ever seen. Steiner is too boy IMO, he'd be great crack over a pint.

It's hard for me to pick a favourite driver as IMO they all strike me as arseholes. Maybe Gasly for his comeback. Hopefully he tells red bull to bolt next season.

Lewis Hamilton comes across as a bellend extraordinaire though. 

Daddy Stroll comes across as a massive c**t. All the stuff about how he only has X amount of time and it all has to be done by whenever. He never says anyone name or acknowledges them, seems like a big bully.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

His false start on the track was a total dick move and he knew fine we'll what he was doing.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Daddy Stroll comes across as a massive c**t. All the stuff about how he only has X amount of time and it all has to be done by whenever. He never says anyone name or acknowledges them, seems like a big bully.

Totally agreed. He's got all the time and money he needs. Be interesting to see how ruthless they'll be with Vettel.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

He does but what a driver though.

4 hours ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

I do wonder if Daddy Stroll will ever sack baby Stroll because he is a shit driver. by rights Perez should still be there and Lance should be unemployed.

I really like Riccardo, i think he is a good laugh. I like Horner too, he is married to the filthy spice girl.

Edited by steelmen

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

He does but what a driver though.

I do wonder if Daddy Stroll will ever sack baby Stroll because he is a shit driver. by rights Perez should still be there and Lance should be unemployed.

I really like Riccardo, i think he is a good laugh. I like Horner too, he is married to the filthy spice girl.

I dunno about Riccardo.  There's something about him that screams he's trying too hard.

And yes, Horner gets to pump Geri, so that gets him bonus points.