Netflix

Biscuits

Started Lupin. Was a straight choice between that or Snowpiercer, which probably will be next.

Had started Your Honour but the wife started bleating about how it's too dark and she just cant bear to watch an innocent laddie getting fitted up.... FFS.

4 hours ago, mathematics said:

She does, but mostly concerned with fat folk, the whole transgender movement, and unionists. Something something rot in hell. Can’t remember the details.

Fucking hell. You seem so easy-going.

Any thoughts on big early-to-mid Eighties serial killer cases?

I've no idea what Behind Her Eyes is about, but was contemplating giving it a spin next.
I've got to say, you've put me right off with that sentence.

I watched probably the first episode with the wife and couldn’t face anymore. The attempts at Scottish accents are so bad that I just couldn’t take it seriously. I did see bits of it intermittently as she watched further and it seemed an ok ish story until the end, which appeared to be utter nonsense. Would not recommend.

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

Fucking hell. You seem so easy-going.

Any thoughts on big early-to-mid Eighties serial killer cases?

Afraid not. She recently watched the Ramirez one and (I think) another Bundy one. Has also started a marathon of cults, murder, and and mass suicide documentaries. I enjoyed the Jonestown one the most.

On 07/03/2021 at 16:12, J_Stewart said:

I watched probably the first episode with the wife and couldn’t face anymore. The attempts at Scottish accents are so bad that I just couldn’t take it seriously. I did see bits of it intermittently as she watched further and it seemed an ok ish story until the end, which appeared to be utter nonsense. Would not recommend.

Some drama school must sit folk down in front of Trainspotting and ask the young luvvies to listen to Ewan McGregor. They can then tick a box on their acting cv to say they can speak Scotch. 

Do the producers ever think “maybe the character can just be English?”. Or is it too much of a leap to imagine someone living in Scotland but not having that strange BBC Scotch actor accent, regardless of where in Scotland they are or their socioeconomic circumstances?

Said it before but I think actors/people outwith Scotland don't realise that even a tiny wee area like Scotland has a very wide range of accents. Just rolling your 'R's' doesn't make for a convincing Scottish accent.

On 06/03/2021 at 22:21, BFTD said:

Just finishing Mindhunter off, and becoming increasingly pissed off that we're unlikely to see more. Now I'll never know if BTK gets caught.

Considering they left off at the dawn of the Eighties, any idea which case(s) they'd likely have focused on in a third season?

@mathematics - your missus have any theories?

I'd imagine Richard Ramirez would have been a big part of it. 

By the time the 2nd series finishes the timeline is too late to feature Joseph DeAngelo, and Dahmer would have been interesting, but I don't think the FBI were actually aware of Dahmer's crimes before he was apprehended. Aileen Wournos possibly, although she doesn't really fit the theme of pervy male killers.

The one that I am surprised never gets mentioned in serial killer docs/series is Dean Corll. His crimes are every bit as gruesome, warped, and over a sustained period as any of the others, yet the Houston Heights murders never really seem to merit a mention in the media. It's ripe for a Netflix six-parter.

I was flicking through tonight and stumbled on Made You Look, a fascinating programme on systematic art fraud perpetuated for decades by a seller and an art gallery. If I had been paid nearly $1m for one dodgy painting I would have called it a day and retired!

Said it before but I think actors/people outwith Scotland don't realise that even a tiny wee area like Scotland has a very wide range of accents. Just rolling your 'R's' doesn't make for a convincing Scottish accent.
Best Scottish accents I have heard are Johnny Lee Miller in Trainspotting and the boy from Kickass that played Douglas in The Outlaw King.

Plenty of crap to choose from for the worst, one that sticks out because it was on recently(ish) was the billy boys one from Peaky Blinders. Awful.

Best Scottish accents I have heard are Johnny Lee Miller in Trainspotting and the boy from Kickass that played Douglas in The Outlaw King.

Plenty of crap to choose from for the worst, one that sticks out because it was on recently(ish) was the billy boys one from Peaky Blinders. Awful.
Ewen Bremner didn’t even know Johnny Lee Miller was English until they met up in London after filming had finished.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Finished The Thick Of It for the first time. It was good apart from the second-last episode (the inquiry one). 

Yea thought the last season was the worst and that episode was maybe the worst which is why it's baffling to me that they went with the exact same format in, I think, Season 4 of Veep as well. 

Still a great show all in tho.