Netflix

Biscuits

I seem to remember a couple of people posting about the Hotel Cecil incident with lift girl on the Creepy & Strange thread about five years ago. If you read those, you knew everything you needed to take away from that documentary. The rest was bullshit woo about the supposedly fucked up hotel, which would all have been entirely normal for a hotel in a terrible area housing hundreds of the long-term homeless, and interviews with a parade of massive douchebags with absolutely no self-awareness and humungous egos.

Other than that, a great way to spend the majority of a day.

On 27/02/2021 at 22:34, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm late to the Cobra Kai hype train, currently half way through the second series. Can absolutely buy in to the hype though, it's excellent.

All 3 series watched in under a week. Just kept getting better and better. Best thing I've watched in a long while.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 hours ago, throbber said:
Just watched the hotel Cecil one people had been banging on about and thought it was a load of dragged out pish that could have been condensed into a 1 hour show.

It appears to have been universally slated on here tbh. I watched the first one and haven't went back.

The first one was alright if you didn’t know much about the case but there was no need for it to be as long as it was. It basically strung you along with the mystery of the latch being closed before in the last episode revealing that by closed they actually meant wide open meaning there was no actual mystery whatsoever. All those online YouTube sleuths are incredibly unsettling as well. 

Watched the first episode of Mindhunter again last night, as I didn't remember it very well and wanted to put something on that I'd seen before to wind down in front of before bed.

Four episodes later, I think it's fair to say that I'm watching the entirety of Mindhunter again.

Me and the mrs watched Behind Her Eyes over the weekend. Decent for 5 episodes then went to f**k in the finale
I said pretty much the same thing on the "Things that annoy and delight you on TV" thread. Looked (and acted) very much like a psychological thriller for most of it then turned to shite for the last episode and a half. Decent twist, I suppose. The very end bit, I mean.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Watched the first episode of Mindhunter again last night, as I didn't remember it very well and wanted to put something on that I'd seen before to wind down in front of before bed.

Four episodes later, I think it's fair to say that I'm watching the entirety of Mindhunter again.

I'm sick that they're not doing a series 3

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Oh FFS. I did not know that.

Should've guessed, though. For all the talk of Netflix making shows that wouldn't get funded elsewhere, they kill most of them just as they're getting into their stride.

I don't think it's definitely a goner. The cast I'm sure were released from their contracts but with Covid and Finchers commitment to other projects, and how much of a perfectionist he is I think were the main reasons. Wouldn't surprise me to see it back, just might take a while.

It's probably been mentioned earlier in this thread, but apparently Netflix find it difficult to keep shows going as they become more expensive to make over time (cast able to demand higher wages, etc), they're billions in debt, and they still haven't worked out how to turn it into a profitable business. Unlike a lot of the traditional TV stations, they also don't like allowing a show to go elsewhere if they don't want to make it anymore.

So, not surprised that Mindhunter's "on sabbatical", and I'll be surprised if it ever returns.

It's probably been mentioned earlier in this thread, but apparently Netflix find it difficult to keep shows going as they become more expensive to make over time (cast able to demand higher wages, etc), they're billions in debt, and they still haven't worked out how to turn it into a profitable business. Unlike a lot of the traditional TV stations, they also don't like allowing a show to go elsewhere if they don't want to make it anymore.
So, not surprised that Mindhunter's "on sabbatical", and I'll be surprised if it ever returns.
I'd rather they stuck to 'Limited Series' anyway. I enjoy them far more as you know there's an end and if it's a LS it's usually decent enough.

Behind Her Eyes never did it for me. Just felt it was an absolute drag and suffered from some questionable acting. Why do actors think to do a decent Scottish accent all you have to do is roll your R's. Study a regional dialect ffs. Even Bono's daughter had traces of Irish come out. Was there any valid reason why they couldn't just have acted using their own accents?

The ending didn't bother me tbh. Without spoilers - the minute we saw the 'floaters' I thought it was pretty obvious what had happened and what was about to happen.

Definitely one of Netflix's lesser productions for me.

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Behind Her Eyes never did it for me. Just felt it was an absolute drag and suffered from some questionable acting. Why do actors think to do a decent Scottish accent all you have to do is roll your R's. Study a regional dialect ffs. Even Bono's daughter had traces of Irish come out. Was there any valid reason why they couldn't just have acted using their own accents?

The ending didn't bother me tbh. Without spoilers - the minute we saw the 'floaters' I thought it was pretty obvious what had happened and what was about to happen.

Definitely one of Netflix's lesser productions for me.

I've no idea what Behind Her Eyes is about, but was contemplating giving it a spin next.

I've got to say, you've put me right off with that sentence.

I've no idea what Behind Her Eyes is about, but was contemplating giving it a spin next.
I've got to say, you've put me right off with that sentence.
'Floaters' is a thing I have completely made up to describe something that happens. It's not a term used on the show or a great description or have much similarity to what I'm talking about so if you're put off because of that specific word I would watch it anyway. Those who have watched it will probably know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

'Floaters' is a thing I have completely made up to describe something that happens. It's not a term used on the show or a great description or have much similarity to what I'm talking about so if you're put off because of that specific word I would watch it anyway. Those who have watched it will probably know what I mean.

Thank you!  :lol:

Just finishing Mindhunter off, and becoming increasingly pissed off that we're unlikely to see more. Now I'll never know if BTK gets caught.

Considering they left off at the dawn of the Eighties, any idea which case(s) they'd likely have focused on in a third season?

@mathematics - your missus have any theories?