Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Anderson has been a  gobshite for ages,delighted to see Ramirez put him on his arse.

Props allso due to Guards 3rd base coach Sorbaugh (?) for taking on about ten Sox players till backup arrived,get some.

As someone who follows Cleveland I can honestly say its about the only interesting thing to happen all season,more please Tito.

On 05/08/2023 at 02:35, Zanetti said:

Watching the Mets for the first time in a while here and they genuinely just look like they've given up altogether.

Having now watched them 3 times vs Baltimore, they are very bad. I understand they've basically accepted defeat post trade deadline but they don't look any better than the likes of Oakland or KC.

I wonder if Buck might get fired. Worry that they maybe wanted to give him the chance to play against his old team again before pulling the trigger.

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Having now watched them 3 times vs Baltimore, they are very bad. I understand they've basically accepted defeat post trade deadline but they don't look any better than the likes of Oakland or KC.

I wonder if Buck might get fired. Worry that they maybe wanted to give him the chance to play against his old team again before pulling the trigger.

There was an amusing row about Showalter on Twitter the other day. Jist of the post that put people's gas at a peep was 'yeah, but if you ignore the 3000+ games as a manager, and 1650 wins, he's actually achieved nothing..." 

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

There was an amusing row about Showalter on Twitter the other day. Jist of the post that put people's gas at a peep was 'yeah, but if you ignore the 3000+ games as a manager, and 1650 wins, he's actually achieved nothing..." 

I don't think Showalter will go, although I wouldn't be averse to it. This mess is on Cohen and Eppler.

42 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

I feared the worst when I seen that Mets line up today but that's beyond.

8 of the runs were scored in the 9th when the Mets had a position player pitching. The Braves were basically using him for batting practice

The Braves also used a position player to pich the 9th for them. He didn't give up a run

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Tonight's Yankee game was the end of the road for me this season.  I've hung on all summer watching as much as I could and if they'd somehow managed to scrape through tonight they would've made it 3 straight wins with Cole tomorrow (maybe) - but that's us done.  

1  1/2 starting pitchers for the next month and a batting line-up that's bang average. 

Roll on 2024. 

The Mets blowing it all up is such a strange decision.  They should've shed Scherzer and kept Verlander.  f**k knows what they'll do in the off-season.

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Lots of rumours and pictures going around Twitter suggesting that Wander Franco has been grooming a 14 year old. Could be the end of his career if so.

Oh dear.  This isn’t going to end well.  

21 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Tonight's Yankee game was the end of the road for me this season.  I've hung on all summer watching as much as I could and if they'd somehow managed to scrape through tonight they would've made it 3 straight wins with Cole tomorrow (maybe) - but that's us done.  

On the bright side, if yesterday's game hadn't done that tonight's definitely would've. Giving up 6 runs in the last 2 innings when you're winning 7-2 isn't ideal.

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

On the bright side, if yesterday's game hadn't done that tonight's definitely would've. Giving up 6 runs in the last 2 innings when you're winning 7-2 isn't ideal.

Just finished watching it (had it paused).

Unbelievable.  But perfectly sums up the recent shitness.

f**k baseball, I'm sticking with football all winter.