The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In that it's green and blue?

The obvious difference is that Dunfermline top is absolutely vile and looks like someone misheard the instructions in a deckchair factory and the Ayr top is decent enough.

Was just what it reminded me of as soon as I saw it, the Ayr away one from the 90s looks like what it is based on though. 

That pars one is the same design as their home one from that year I think, but I think they got a child to pick the colours for it. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In that it's green and blue?

The obvious difference is that Dunfermline top is absolutely vile and looks like someone misheard the instructions in a deckchair factory and the Ayr top is decent enough.

Green and purple

You know it’s nice when the morons on Facebook can’t stand it. 

“it’s not our colours” being a highlight. It’s a fucking away top! And is a classic remake of one of our previous kits. 

The same folk that would have a boring red top each year.

The white home top actually looks a lot better in those photos as well.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You know it’s nice when the morons on Facebook can’t stand it. 

“it’s not our colours” being a highlight. It’s a fucking away top! And is a classic remake of one of our previous kits. 

It pains me the amount of people screaming that it should have been red or black - as if our away kit always has to be one of two colours.

50 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I never officially knew this is what we were getting I just had a good feeling. 

It's beautiful, can't wait to get one. 

It won't be itzdrk in your house when you buy it!

I like it though, probably look back in years thinking it was awful but it looks good now.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s definitely better when you see it in real life , 

Well done for not biting with that photo I replied with the other day :lol:

16 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I was tempted but knew if I replied people would likely have clicked 🙂

A lovely surprise for everyone, usually get a wee Somerset Park leak but absolutely nothing. Get Andy Murdoch off furlough to model it IMO :wub:

This is the style the home top should have been.

Home top is too plain. Not enough black in it either. A good home top should be roughly 50% black 50% white.

We are black & white not white with a black trim!

This is the style the home top should have been.

Home top is too plain. Not enough black in it either. A good home top should be roughly 50% black 50% white.

We are black & white not white with a black trim!

We have been everything from all white to all black, surely it’s all about what styles and trends are in at the time and also probably the most important thing - that it is easily distinguishable from the opposition / surroundings so that the players can see each other.
I would rank the home top in my top 3, but personally I think it looks good, as does the away top.
Don’t know about you but I think that sometimes the sponsor logo can make or break a new top as well.
It’s the ones that have small writing, like a family business name or something that looks total juniors / Sunday league.