The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sept 14th get a friendly arranged (Creetown anyone?) at Somerset and let the good times begin!

*yes I know none of this will happen 

followed by a party at big Jamie's house. Oh wait...

Personally I'm 50/50 on what comes first - the football or no longer having to WFH. Getting cabin fever.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m working so didn’t hear it but Radio Clyde tweeted it. 

97D2F772-5E4E-4AD0-83BC-1F2D5AB28E92.png

I don't think it's written in stone. I'm sure she said that this was the aim, not that it was defnite. She did say that there might be some test events before that date.

A lot of Football fans are tribal, like Sunderland fans harassing Adam Johnstones victim or Clyde fans becoming experts in what is "technically rape" when they signed Goodwillie. A lot of fans would rather see Paul Gascoigne remembered as a lovable rouge rather than the wife beater.  People need to stop abandoning morals just because a player/official at your club does something reprehensible.  

But, Camerons political views have not interfered with his running of the club, there is no suggestion that he is racist apart from implications that his political views might bring people to make that link and to my knowledge has not made any openly or implied racist remarks. If he were to, he should not be in charge of the club. For someone to highlight the fact that they think he might be is a complete non-story. 

Cameron has been both good and bad for the club at different times and I a personally an glad he is in charge as he has turned out to be a capable, safe pair of hands. 

Drinan was an unknown quantity and was different to what we had. He is a forward that wouldn't score many goals but was more on a nuisance factor that allowed us to get further up the pitch. I am not sure there are many of those in Scottish football of the quality and cost we need. I would take him back but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't. 

Maley was pretty bang average in what I saw of him. 

followed by a party at big Jamie's house. Oh wait...
Personally I'm 50/50 on what comes first - the football or no longer having to WFH. Getting cabin fever.
I've to work from home till 2021 so I do hope that football comes back before that! Agree with the cabin fever and Zoom fatigue - you really get stale WFH 5 days a week.

A lot of Football fans are tribal, like Sunderland fans harassing Adam Johnstones victim or Clyde fans becoming experts in what is "technically rape" when they signed Goodwillie. A lot of fans would rather see Paul Gascoigne remembered as a lovable rouge rather than the wife beater.  People need to stop abandoning morals just because a player/official at your club does something reprehensible.  

But, Camerons political views have not interfered with his running of the club, there is no suggestion that he is racist apart from implications that his political views might bring people to make that link and to my knowledge has not made any openly or implied racist remarks. If he were to, he should not be in charge of the club. For someone to highlight the fact that they think he might be is a complete non-story. 
Cameron has been both good and bad for the club at different times and I a personally an glad he is in charge as he has turned out to be a capable, safe pair of hands. 

A strong and balanced post.

I'd just add that pretending it's not happening and trying to keep it quiet is not a great stance to take.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

A strong and balanced post.

I'd just add that pretending it's not happening and trying to keep it quiet is not a great stance to take.

The Guy's a Republican with quite right wing views and opinions from the perspective of many who post on here and he's "liked" a tweet, that's it.

He has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide or apologise for, ok, he might have "offended" a few people but quite frankly, who cares.

Livi have a Dykes shaped hole to fill now so it may have got a bit harder to get someone in. 

Two players that are hit and miss at their clubs just now, Mikey Johnston and Stevie May ? Celtic have about 8 players who can play where he does, maybe a regular game is required somewhere. 

May is injured, but hasn't really kicked on since returning to Scotland, maybe he'll be sent out on loan but more than likely it would be to an east coast team. 

Marc McNulty, been on loan to Hibs, didn't really do much there, obviously isn't going to get a game at Reading, maybe out on loan again. 

Livi have a Dykes shaped hole to fill now so it may have got a bit harder to get someone in. 
Two players that are hit and miss at their clubs just now, Mikey Johnston and Stevie May ? Celtic have about 8 players who can play where he does, maybe a regular game is required somewhere. 
May is injured, but hasn't really kicked on since returning to Scotland, maybe he'll be sent out on loan but more than likely it would be to an east coast team. 
Marc McNulty, been on loan to Hibs, didn't really do much there, obviously isn't going to get a game at Reading, maybe out on loan again. 
Now that Livi need a foward, instead of just taking our players at the end of the season, maybe we should just skip a few stages and email them our signing targets for this season